PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations John Douglas - Oam !!!

Ex FSO GRIFFO
26th Jan 2009, 05:34
And the OAM goes to.....

"Arthur John DOUGLAS, Alfred Cove, WA, for service to aviation as a pilot, instructor and contributor to a range of industry bodies, and to the community".

(The West Aust. Today 26th Jan 2009 - Australia Day Awards.)

Congrats 'J.D.', :D:D
Well Done!! :ok::ok:

Griffo et al...

The Green Goblin
26th Jan 2009, 06:37
Congrats jd, many a fond memory doing aeros in the ole bat and getting hammered on instructor renewals!

the wizard of auz
26th Jan 2009, 07:03
Hey, Onya JD. I guess working for the Royal all these years paid off. :}

kellykelpie
26th Jan 2009, 07:15
Big congrats to you JD. Well done for many, many years of effort.

Sheepdog
26th Jan 2009, 07:59
Nice bloke but what an insult to the medal.:ugh:

rmcdonal
26th Jan 2009, 08:22
Nice bloke but what an insult to the medal.
Could have been a Cricket Player :ugh:

VH-MLE
26th Jan 2009, 10:10
Sheepdog, I normally agree with most of your (very limited) posts on PPRUNE, however on this occasion I must ask you to wash your mouth out with soap immediately!!! No one is perfect, but JD has had a major (positive) impact on general aviation in this country for many years - long before you and I arrived on the scene and thoroughly deserves this award in my opinion.

Given he's battling a somewhat serious illness at present (plus some internal shenanigans at RACWA), I think the award is both very appropriate and timely morale wise at present - particularly when I look at some other recipients in recent years.

Well done JD!!

VH-MLE

Charlie Foxtrot India
26th Jan 2009, 12:42
Congratulations to JD and well deserved.:ok:

JD has contributed a great deal to the growth and development of GA, not just for RACWA but for the whole industry and it sometimes seems that his years of work have not always been acknowledged or appreciated by those who possibly would not have a GA scene to be a part of if it wasn't for the likes of JD and others of his generation.

I hope he is on the road to recovery..

wigga
26th Jan 2009, 13:03
Congrats JD. Well deserved.