PDA

View Full Version : Logging of co-pilot time

mingalababya
26th Jan 2009, 02:34
I know co-pilot time only accounts for 50% of your total aeronautical experience, but what time do you actually record in the box in the the co-pilot column of your log book? That is, say you flew as co-pilot for 1.2 hours, do you record 1.2 or 0.6 in the box?

In my log book I have a place to record "total aeronautical experience" as well as "grand total hours". I assume, when I add the hours up for "total aeronautical experience", this is where I take 50% of whatever is in the co-pilot column of the log book? Is this correct?

As for the "grand total hours" I assume this would then include the full co-pilot hours as recorded in the co-pilot column? Hope this makes sense. I'm asking this just out of curiosity. :)

startingout
26th Jan 2009, 03:11
In the box for the flight record 1.2 then when you come to add to your aeronautical experience the total co-pilot time is halved

c100driver
26th Jan 2009, 03:35
I think you are missing the point. The 50% of co-pilot time is only for the upgrade of the licence that is to meet the experience requirements for an ATPL issue.

In you logbook you log ALL your flight time. Full Stop.

muddergoose
26th Jan 2009, 08:35
Enter your co-pilot time in your log book. Add all the times per your respective coloumns. This equals your grand total. Take 50% off your co-pilot time and add it to your respective coloumns and that will equal your Total time. Total time is relevant to ATPL requirements. As I understand it.

I hope it is good co-pilot time :ok:

mingalababya
26th Jan 2009, 12:42
Thanks for the explanation. What if a job that you're applying for requires, say, a minimum of 1500 TT. Is this taken from your "grand total time", or "total aeronautical experience" time (which would be less than your grand total if you only added 50% of your co-pilot time). I'd assume it would be your grand total if total aeronautical experience time is only relevant for the requirements of the ATPL. Is this correct?

Di_Vosh
26th Jan 2009, 21:56
What if a job that you're applying for requires, say, a minimum of 1500 TT. Is this taken from your "grand total time", or "total aeronautical experience" time

Top Tip:

Include both TT and TE in your CV (along with all the other stuff - do a search on CV's and resumes for more info).

The employer can then decide your suitability, and you wont be wasting yours (and the employers) time finding out at the interview that you don't have the minimum requirements.

DIVOSH!