PDA

View Full Version : EK 737-8 drivers to Fly Dubai

fourgolds
25th Jan 2009, 09:34
Latest Rumour ? , utter bollocks me thinks. Although each day at work brings a new and interesting twist. These are interesting times.

One way of sorting out the excess numbers ( in house). I think they will see resignation before co-operation. though.

montencee
25th Jan 2009, 10:36
I think they will see resignation before co-operation. though.Could be that this will be the only offer on the table.

The only facts that have come out recently are:

1/ 60+ Airbus flight crew are moving to the Boeing. Does this mean that the rumour that 6 330s are leaving the fleet is correct?

2/ Max 12 days off in a month. Presumably the intention is to make more crew available for work if needed.

3/ Up to 17 B777s arriving this year. Presumably firm orders that can't be reneged on without a penalty. Is finance in place?

4/Some interviewing going on even though the hold pool is overflowing. Why?

My guess is that EK will take delivery of the least number of aircraft that it can get away with, unload as much of the old equipment (330/772) that it can, work the present crews up to max FTLs, recruit if unavoidable and send suitable people to FlyDubai as an initial alternative to furloughing if the airline remains overcrewed, which is where this thread came in.

At some point, depending on load and revenue, it may become more cost effective to park up both new and old aircraft rather than fly them. But if load factors remain good then there's nothing to be concerned about.

kotakota
25th Jan 2009, 12:23
FWIW , mate of mine received an email from flydubai today asking which of 3 dates he would like to start on in March / April . He is not EK .

Wizofoz
26th Jan 2009, 05:52
I always thought it would make sense to offer secondment to 737 experienced EK pilots for FDs start up. Pilots experienced in the region and with time on the 737 could obviously make it a smoother transition than starting with all new bods.

Assuming it's voluntary and a reasonable deal, what would be the problem?

chrislikesblue
26th Jan 2009, 12:36
Anyone has the contact tel of HR or the Flight Ops Manager?I have applied to them by email but didnt get any response,i think its time to follow up my application.

fatbus
27th Jan 2009, 11:56
I guess the memo is not out yet ,but soon, EK 777 Fo's to be offered DEC 738/9 at FD and AB FO's to go 6 months right seat than over to the left seat

buzz&sntch
27th Jan 2009, 17:06
12 days off in a month? Sign me up!! Current roster has me getting :mad: 8, blocking 62 hours. With 1 overnight and no reserve (AD) I might as well be going up and down all day in a 738. 17 more birds this year?? Even after the Boeing strike was done and the birds were ready to fly, why did it take a couple weeks to fly them? 17 more will take some more creative financing out of Abu Dhabi. I could write a post the equivolent of War and Peace based on the rumors I hear in one week. For the sake of all of us I hope none are true.

cantilever
27th Jan 2009, 19:40
Why would AD finance more EK aircraft:confused:

I dont think so!

Norton29
28th Jan 2009, 02:45
And if the rumour is true...EK F/O's have housing and the new direct hires at FD only allowance...wonder how that would go over at attracting guys?

fliion
29th Jan 2009, 19:54
This rumour is complete and utter bollox...end the thread already.

f.

whossorrynow
30th Jan 2009, 07:40
This rumour is complete and utter bollox...end the thread already.

Well, thanks to you, and after this thread being dead for over 10 hours, it's back at the top of the page.

Whoops, here it is again.

Although I doubt that FlyDubai will happen any time soon anyway.

angelofthesky
30th Jan 2009, 19:08
Flight Deck contracts issued.

Captains start training March and April.

Two aircraft being delivered in May.

Fact!

skyvan
1st Feb 2009, 11:13
Well Norton29, the truth of the matter is that the FOs at EK are supposed to get housing, but the accommodation is a stuff up at the moment, pilots who joined from Februaury last year are still in temporary housing (apartments or ramshackle villas), with no sign of any permanent accom on the horizon. When villas do come available, they are allocated without any form of adherence to the seniority list. Even the flight-ops manager who puts out a weekly "update" is not told about them, so we all live like mushrooms :(

We would be better off if they had told us up front that they were incapable of delivering on the glossy pre-employment ads :ugh:, then we could still be in our home countries instead of battling to keep our families together due to the terrible impermanance of this setup. Pity they also only allow us a pittance to find our own accommodation, it will hardly find a hamster cage even in these trying times!

P'eed off? You bet I am.:mad:

At least with FD you know where you stand from day one! Good luck to whoever is brave enough to join, I'll join you in the rush to leave when things improve around the world :{

Norton29
1st Feb 2009, 18:34
Skyvan,

Of course I share in your angst, it must be hard.

What I meant was if they offer EK guys job at FD and they have housing, the direct hires at FD do not and that will make the contract they offer even less appealing to find guys.

Cheers.