PDA

View Full Version : Hands in the Till...Again

Son of the Bottle
25th Jan 2009, 04:44
Words fail me, have these people no shame? See Times article here (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article5581547.ece)

Parliament can't possibly sink any lower, can it?

sisemen
25th Jan 2009, 05:30
I guess they're making hay while the sun shines. Next election and they're out of a job. Pity they had to wreck the UK in the process. And given another 10 to 15 years the next generation will be all ready and willing to trust Labour again :yuk:

How many turns around the ruined economy buoy (that's boy not boo-i - for the cousins!) does it take to learn? :mad:

tony draper
25th Jan 2009, 09:54
Thing is, even if the accusation prove to be true they cannot be sacked or thrown out of the Lords or indeed lose their Peerages,they are untouchable.
Oh yes,Baroness Royall of Blaisdon, leader of the House of Lords said they would be named and shamed in the house ,oh boy that will shake em up.
:suspect:

charliegolf
25th Jan 2009, 10:01
Siseman said:

10 to 15 years the next generation will be all ready and willing to trust Labour again

Nope. CG's Theory of Electoral Stupidity states that the vast majority of voters will vote the same way anyway. (Lab or Con).

Where i live Margaret Thatcher could get elected AS LONG AS she wore a red rosette.

That's why John Snow concentrates on 20 or 30 marginals. They decide.

And, most of the shysters will still have jobs (for the same reasons), though maybe not in guvmint.

CG

Lon More
25th Jan 2009, 10:10
And given another 10 to 15 years the next generation will be all ready and willing to trust Labour again

Just as now theey have forgotten the excesses of the past and are preparing to trust the Tories.

No wonder the UK's gone down the pan.:ugh:

tony draper
25th Jan 2009, 10:17
I think we have moved into those interesting times that Chinese proverb speaks of.
:E

1DC
25th Jan 2009, 10:29
I see,now, why the prince of darkness went into the Lord's..

Avitor
25th Jan 2009, 10:52
Matters appertaining to the defence of these Lords are in abundance and will be tapped.....like, not your business! What can you do to us?
We were 'entrapped',
'Not true'
Let's have a drink and a laugh.
...and the next, please!

My worry is the bloke that put them there is reputedly after the top job in the European Union, the one that he proposed, there's even less accountability there!

Storminnorm
25th Jan 2009, 11:08
Let's face it. A job in Parliament is like getting a free ticket
on the gravy train. Fill your boots boys! Grab what you can!
A job in Europe is like getting a job on the gravy boat!
It carries an awful lot more, and goes an awful lot further at
a much slower rate!

ShyTorque
25th Jan 2009, 11:16
When in opposition, this present government made great use of allegations of sleaze against other political parties to help gain public favour. I was always led to believe that it "takes one to find one" and so it has proved true. They have become grand, unashamed masters of the sleaze trade themselves. We live under an increasingly corrupt regime. Roll on an election or even better, a revolution. :mad: