PDA

View Full Version : IREX

BlinkC182
24th Jan 2009, 22:44
Is it unwise to do the theory side of things if I don't plan on doing the intstrument rating for another 18 months or so? Have a bit of study time up my sleeve and wouldnt mind getting it out of the way.
:)

Mr. Hat
24th Jan 2009, 23:44
do it knock it over

ForkTailedDrKiller
25th Jan 2009, 00:50
Do it!

Dr :8

PS: ten words, ten words, ten words, ten words

Hang on a minute Hat, how do you get away with 5 words?

Unhinged
25th Jan 2009, 01:14
Do it ! A lot of the stuff in the exam is useless to you in flight, so get it out of the way and get good practical ways of flying from your instructor.

Aerohooligan
25th Jan 2009, 01:36
Personally I reckon if you're 18 months away, do some or all of your ATPL first, then smash IREX maybe a month or so before you actually do the rating. That way it'll still be fresh in your mind. I did IREX during the rating, and while I got over 90%, it took two goes because I was flying everyday and had very little time leftover to study. It might work for you though to do it that far in advance - I just don't have the brainspace to remember anything and keep it fresh for that long! ;)

Brian Abraham
25th Jan 2009, 02:43
Ten Letters Doc. :ok:

bentleg
25th Jan 2009, 02:52
Best done just before the flying part, but if you do it now you can always refresh later. Do it now as you have the time. The instructors will tell you most of what you need for the flying part.