PDA

View Full Version : 50,000 Pratts!

Cyclic Hotline
18th Nov 2000, 04:11
http://store4.yimg.com/I/singularselections_1606_6512307

Pratt & Whitney Canada Celebrates 50,000th Engine Delivery

LONGUEUIL, Quebec--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 16, 2000--Pratt & Whitney Canada Corp. (P&WC) today marked an important milestone in its 72-year history with the delivery of its 50,000th engine to a customer.

The engine, a PT6A-67D, was delivered to Raytheon Aircraft for installation on its Beech 1900D Airliner at a special ceremony attended by senior P&WC and Raytheon Aircraft executives and P&WC employees at the company's head office in Longueuil.

"This is a proud moment in the history of Pratt & Whitney Canada, one that underscores the continued success of our products around the world,'' said Gilles P. Ouimet, President and Chief Executive Officer, who presented a commemorative plaque to Hansel E. Tookes, Chairman and CEO of Raytheon Aircraft.

Raytheon Aircraft became the first customer for P&WC's legendary PT6 turboprop engine in 1963 when it selected the engine to power the now famous Beech King Air. The King Air/PT6 combination went on to become one of aviation's greatest success stories and P&WC has since delivered more than 13,000 PT6 engines to Raytheon Aircraft.

The PT6 turboprop opened the gate for P&WC's current engine families, which include the PW100, PW200, PW300, PW500, PW901 and the JT15D for business and regional aircraft, helicopters, military trainers, utility aircraft and industrial applications. The company currently produces an average 2,000 engines a year to serve market needs in 180 countries around the world.

"It's estimated that every two seconds, an aircraft equipped with one of our engines takes off somewhere in the world,'' noted
Mr. Ouimet. "None of our success would have been possible without the hard work and dedication of our employees. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of them for their contributions, as well as thank Raytheon Aircraft for its continued confidence in Pratt & Whitney Canada.''

P&WC, based in Longueuil, Quebec, is a world leader in aviation engines powering business and regional aircraft and helicopters. The company also offers advanced engines for industrial applications. P&WC's operations and service network span the globe. In 1999, sales were in excess of Cdn$2 billion. P&WC is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation, a high-technology company based in Hartford, Connecticut.

pigboat
18th Nov 2000, 07:38
I would imagine Frederick Rentschler is looking down and smiling.

criticalmass
23rd Nov 2000, 10:26
Very heartening, seeing those P&W stickers on the nacelles, especially when you're inside the aluminium tube!

mriya225
23rd Nov 2000, 11:05
They make a fine engine; I look forward to 50,000 more future productions!

------------------
Un diva très doué.