PDA

View Full Version : Aerodynamic Flight Academy - YCAB

Carambar
24th Jan 2009, 06:59
Looking to enrol in a part-time CPL course, had a chat to the owner. Seems like a good outfit.

Any advice from past ADFA students?

ResumeOwnNav
24th Jan 2009, 08:57
Bryan is an absolute top bloke. Highly recommend all the gang. Wouldn't have gotten to where I am without all his help.

PyroTek
24th Jan 2009, 09:55
I'm starting flying there on Thursday! I agree that Bryan is a top bloke. I met him the other day when i visited.
His rates are great too.

Jabawocky
24th Jan 2009, 11:11
I have posted on this topic before.

Yes he is a good bloke. Not his most important attribute though.

Very good teaching technique, knows his stuff, willin to listen and has a very good track record.

Has a vast experience in RAAF and RPT, plus good with old Moths etc.....

All round good package.

I have done renewals and endo's only, but he rates very highly with me!

Nice young lady works there too........I think I need a TW endo ....:ok:

J:ok:

ResumeOwnNav
24th Jan 2009, 11:48
Absolutely Wocky,

Excellent Instructor and teacher and always open for questions.:D

I did my TW before she had hers, should have waited... She said she didnt want to instruct me however:sad:

j3pipercub
24th Jan 2009, 21:52
So Bryan is now under Alistairs AOC??

j3

VH-FTS
24th Jan 2009, 22:23
Pyro, what happened to your flying at the mighty rac?

sixtiesrelic
24th Jan 2009, 22:26
I started learning to fly forty nine years ago.
Flown lots of types and met thousands of pilots, flown with hundreds.
I videoed Bryan giving a friend a tailwheel endorsement and noted his professionalism.
Professionalism to me isn't being able to quote the book and teach by it.
Bryan's been there, done that, and knows the book.
Sadly I see learning to fly as a ceremonial rather than practical thing nowdays. Too much fluff, too many silly little things blown out of proportion.
Bryan will cut through the cr*p and teach you airmanship and practicality from his experiences.
There is only a handfull of instructors I've encountered that I dips me lid to, and happily would call sir... Bryan's one.

Cecil B

PyroTek
25th Jan 2009, 14:52
FTS: You know how hard it is to get a booking at RAC?
I also was referred to bryan due to the above points, and knowing he doesnt want to 'progress', he's been there.
Good rates, and apparently a super high standard of training.

Carambar
26th Jan 2009, 06:41
Thanks for the response everyone. I have gone and met some of the instructors and got a good vibe. The school focuses very much on the local clientele, not to mention how easy it is to get a booking on weekends!

I'd agree with most people on here, Bryan really is a good bloke. I'll be starting my training soon on MZW!

Again thanks for the feedback,
Carambar :ok:

drunkensailor
26th Jan 2009, 08:28
Good onya Carambar
Enjoy MZW, haven't flown her since she was the only non-gazelle at Jonathon Seagull at Redcliffe.
:ok:

Robin Pilot
26th Jan 2009, 23:03
I started training with them in November after moving up from Sydney. Agree with all the positive posts before. Very good bunch.

PA39
27th Jan 2009, 08:24
Bryan is a very experienced instructor. Make SURE you only get Bryan and not one of the kids......or Fred Astair !!

AnyGivenSunday99
28th Jan 2009, 02:21
Fly with Carps, He's got all the Babes!

Best in the industry. No further comment required.:}