PDA

View Full Version : IBEX, IAC Global, ANA Connection

Contntlop
23rd Jan 2009, 16:00
Guys!

I'm new to this forum and am considering a contract job with the outfit mentioned above. Could anyone tell me anything they could offer about living in Japan, the tax situation with overseas flying, and anything else that would help me assess this opportunity? Thanks!

The contract is titled: CRJ Command Positions

The Dominican
23rd Jan 2009, 18:06
Some info and contacts there, good luck

Japan Contract Pilots :: View Forum - IBEX (http://japanpilots.19.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=e314c9a76b545143755c1868b1874d13)

maui
23rd Jan 2009, 21:35
I suggest you do a bt of research on IAC before you move too far down that road.

Use the search engine on this forum. There is plenty of past material.

Maui

25th Jan 2009, 04:31
TWI Aviation is contracting CL-65 Captains for IBEX.

The posts on the other forum are dated. Any one on this forum have anything newer?

Is there anyone that works there now that could give any updates? Or anyone who has dealt with TWI Aviation?

Thx
TS

klunk49
25th Jan 2009, 18:50
Fred H. is a stand up guy. I'm not on the IBX contract, but have worked with him for 3 years.

goneagain
25th Jan 2009, 23:45
TWI pays on time. Ibex will smile in your face and stab you in the back. As a foreigner you are never really respected. If you are content to be a robot and never speak or have an opinion you might do okay. CRM is something they only pay lip service to. They know everything you do all of the time. They have a bunch of retired ANA 747 captains in high positions and they are very full of themselves. If you go there do not speak or ask questions. Do not drink or smoke. Do not take a girl to a hotel room paid for by the company. Do not ask for anything. Turn off your brain. Forget everything you ever learned about flying. They will give you detailed step by step instructions on how to do everything. No one else in the world has any idea about aviation except the Japanese.

Contntlop
26th Jan 2009, 12:56
Jeez! I'm surprised they haven't had an accident with that kind of culture going. Must be the small fleet and route structure. Okay, thanks for the warning. I'll start looking into TWI Aviation, they sound like a much better bet. You guys are awesome. Thx!

Contntlop
26th Jan 2009, 13:29
It sounds like TWI is the better option if you're gonna work for these jokers. I'll look into them. The last thing I want is to have to fight for money that I rightfully deserve. (I've had that experience at one company already.) If I decide to do this, I'm gonna need some serious positive vibes from some foreign pilots that are there. Anybody out there?

Any other outfit out there in international-land that would be worth looking into?

John

goneagain
13th Feb 2009, 05:59
TWI is one of several agencies that recruit for Ibex. TWI is a one or two man show but does a good job. The problem is not there it is with the airline. They do a lot of things really well. Maintenance and catering and all ground ops are second to none. Just turn off your brain if you go there and forget anything you ever learned. It is a difficult environment for a western pilot to adapt to. So many guys make it throught the six months of training and then do something that upsets the airline and magically they fail the next check ride. They will never confront you about anything. Your first indication of a problem will be when you feel the knife go into your back.

Didacts and Narpets
1st May 2015, 04:03
Any new info? Posting again for CRJ drivers.

Thanks.