PDA

View Full Version : Are poll threads still allowed on JB?

airship
23rd Jan 2009, 14:11
If so, why don't I have the option of submitting a new poll? :uhoh:

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
23rd Jan 2009, 14:15
who thinks poll threads should be allowed?

I do.......

Radar66
23rd Jan 2009, 14:40
As I understand it, only the mods can create poll threads. If you submit your thoughts to them, they can create the thread if they believe it's a 'valid' poll... :ok:

Storminnorm
23rd Jan 2009, 14:49
That's two yesses, and a don't know then already!

birrddog
23rd Jan 2009, 20:35
The poll questions sound surprisingly similar to the Australian referendums on the Monarchy and Taxes ;)

Buster Hyman
23rd Jan 2009, 21:51
Same result too I see....

1DC
23rd Jan 2009, 23:48
If you want one you should be able to have one , i say.If it isn't interesting it will fade away....

merlinxx
24th Jan 2009, 06:58
Well I don't know, but I'll ask, anyone interested:ok::E

airship
24th Jan 2009, 11:02
Obviously, I'm somewhat disappointed by the result. The poll options were somewhat limited. In all fairness though, I'd have preferred a 3rd option: Yes, if it's about American cats or sailboats...

Nevertheless, I shall bow my head in acquiescence to my peers on JB. :sad:

No, wait! I insist on a recount. Under UN or EU supervision. On the basis that there were a total of 283 votes (244 nos, 39 yeses) compared to a total of 337 thread views. That's an extraordinarily high thread view / vote count ratio (83% of those who viewed the thread, actually voted) and considering that a significant number of PPRuNers actually registered to post here often peruse these forums whilst not actually logged-in (or so I'm lead to believe), suggest IMHO, that foul-play in the form of some voter-manipulation or prior massaging of the actual votes cast has occured. Anyone having received threatening PMs or instant messages before casting their votes should make themselves known! :ok:

Actually, I've completely forgotten why I wanted to post a poll now in the first place. I don't believe it had anything to do with the USA, cats or boats though. Anyway, I've never really been anti-USA when discussing current events, just anti-GWB. Hey, maybe we could have another poll about that...?! :}

Storminnorm
24th Jan 2009, 12:30
I wouldn't bother mate, he;s gone already.

the incivil beast
24th Jan 2009, 17:47
On the basis that there were a total of 283 votes (244 nos, 39 yeses) One thunk yer spoke too fast, just as one is posting, there is a landlside favouring the yes (total = 765, no = 253, yes = 512).

Please note that the yeses increased very fast and that 512 is an exact power of two. One thunk there has been some vote massaging, maybe by the server itself (meaning that it might have become self conscious :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:)

One would forget about the recount and head for the hills ...

the incivil beast
24th Jan 2009, 20:32
There have been only two votes since my previous post (more than 2.5 hours ago, so less than one vote per hour), whereas there had been 482 votes between airship's post and mine (approx 6.5 hours, around 75 votes per hour)

:suspect::suspect::suspect:

Shack37
24th Jan 2009, 20:33
Now running at 2 :1 let's poll.

lomapaseo
24th Jan 2009, 21:21
There have been only two votes since my previous post (more than 2.5 hours ago, so less than one vote per hour), whereas there had been 482 votes between airship's post and mine (approx 6.5 hours, around 75 votes per hour)

any chance you can graph this to see if it fits a poissons curve?

anybody?

Wod
25th Jan 2009, 00:57
In these financially troubled times beware the Poll Tax!

Buster Hyman
25th Jan 2009, 10:56
I see the Electoral Commission of Florida are running the poll...:hmm:

airship
26th Jan 2009, 13:00
In view of the latest results - 263 against and an overwhelming 836 for allowing airship to post polls (with some restrictions) and especially considering that I'd already previously declared my acceptance of my peers when the vote was substantially against me: does this mean that I'm henceforth allowed to post new polls? (Only, I just tried submitting a new thread as a test and I didn't get the option to post a poll...?)

Or am I going to be labelled a 'terrorist' suddenly just because the 'democratic vote' went the wrong way for some...?! :ok::uhoh:

Rollingthunder
26th Jan 2009, 13:13
Mel Gibson.