PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Late Rosters, again.

cayenne
23rd Jan 2009, 14:09
Why can't they EVER produce a roster a day or so early or very rarely on time? It's a scheduled airline with apparently enough crews, GET ON IT!!!

4 hours 52 minutes and counting until it's officially late, lets see.....................

green lemon
23rd Jan 2009, 14:21
i think DP is not in charge of airbus; someone else took over.. might be the reason.. but agree it s not acceptable :sad:

Togalk
24th Jan 2009, 16:05
Lets see if the rosters are out first thing tomorrow. That means they were ready on Thurs but just weren't published. Why? Wouldn't dare do anything early would we. Typical.

goeasy
25th Jan 2009, 03:20
Of course not. That might be seen as sympathetic to staff and their families!

Still nothing at 0820/25th. Guess that proves it wasnt ready Thursday. :rolleyes:

I can understand that there might be reasons it is delayed, but no apology or explanation is what makes you feel used/abused.

alghazal
25th Jan 2009, 03:46
What do you need a roster for , as it will be changing almost everyday then ??? :=

You have changes you haven't been advised yet

PositiveRate876
25th Jan 2009, 06:18
Good late rosters are much better than an on-time roster that's been screwed with like we get right up the road from you. Trust me. :ugh:

CanadaRocks
25th Jan 2009, 08:38
Does anyone know what my roster looks like for Feb? Please reply ASAP thanks!

screwmaster
25th Jan 2009, 11:54
SG and AH have no clue about crew planning, DP used to be one level headed person in crew planning, but now DP is doing B777 rosters, that leaves the A330-A340 fleet left with some inexperienced clown that has never done crew planning,..thats the sorry state of affairs in crew resources..all inexperienced people in crew planning..wat do u expect...morons:ugh::ugh:

Bredrin
25th Jan 2009, 13:44
Rosters were almost ready on Thur night...late night, yes the new lady tried to get them out early and then guess what? The usual happened, they changed things so she had to back track today to get things re done.....it happens in many companies, rosters are late not because of the person that does them but because of the aircraft planners, commercial, training department or someone else. Don't be too quick to always blame the planner, she may or may not be the guilty one.

chrispatrickGA
25th Jan 2009, 16:42
I dont know about the reasons of the late schedule display on our systems.

Yet I know one thing : the ccq planning for 16 sectors from 330 TO 340 LAST AROUND 3months.... Yes 3months to go from 330 TO 340.

I think the emirates guys wont believe that info concerning Etihad but its simply the truth!!!!:\:eek:

GMIMA
25th Jan 2009, 21:34
anybody willing to let me see a copy of a typical 330/340 first officer roster please??

is it possible to commute to uk on days off ??

please help

Mister Geezer
25th Jan 2009, 23:39
I would say that if you don't want to live in Abu Dhabi then perhaps Etihad might not be for you?

Sir Osis of the river
26th Jan 2009, 06:11
Did anyone get their roster request for February?

CanadaRocks
26th Jan 2009, 06:52
I received my roster request, but on the schedule is does not indicated that I requested it...

death star
30th Jan 2009, 14:57
If you think it’s absolutely normal to arrive in the office at 9.30 instead of 8,
If you have a voodoo doll on your desk named pilots,
If anything with more than one variable is having your unicell brain to go in catastrophic failure,
If you think that if you don’t have 35 coffee breaks per day you will die,
If you have absolutely no interests in managing others people life in a decent way,
If you think everything in aviation is about last minute,
Then you have what is happening every 26th or so…

Gaius Westman
31st Jan 2009, 12:02
I hate to say it but Etihad sounds like glorified contract work, although you do get to fly top notch equipment. The hassles you okes get from your company is unreal.

Good luck mates, and maybe I'll join you one day.

Gaius

Bredrin
21st Feb 2009, 16:19
CAYENNE>>>>>>March Rosters Out On Time>

KRUGERFLAP
21st Feb 2009, 17:33
The Company is improving everyday,but we have to point out the right direction for the management.Is up to us to change the way we want the company to be.

rgs:ok:

ironbutt57
21st Feb 2009, 22:07
Grow...up...or Go Home....

bus787
22nd Feb 2009, 04:03
EY 320 ROSTER OUT ON TIME.
ALL REQUESTS GRANTED.
13 DAYS OFF.
WELL DONE GUYS.:ok:

dorset_don
23rd Feb 2009, 13:39
I think you need to ask some serious questions about the organisation and structure as well as the lack of leadership??
In this current climate, flexibility is the name of the game so you must expect "late changes"to a commercial program. However, I have a great issue when blame is pointed elsewhere like Commercial when the problem probably lies within. Why don't you guys make some proffessional appraoches to management because as sure as hell, management will not be reading this stuff!! It's more credible as well!

nsfw
23rd Feb 2009, 17:54
Why don't you guys make some proffessional appraoches to management because as sure as hell, management will not be reading this stuff!!

Management reads pprune religiously

Ancient Observer
24th Feb 2009, 12:31
Is that the right word to use in this context?
(Sorry, couldn't resist that)

lfrk
24th Feb 2009, 14:28
hi everyone,

could someone let me know what kind of roster a f/o on long haul can expect ??? i am thinking of applying, but I don't really want to leave in abou dhabi seems to be pretty desperate...i went there this afternoon and the new rent to buy flats are in the middle of nowhere!

do you think leaving in dubai is easy and possible ??

last question how long is the bond for the 340 or 777 ?

cheers

sec 3
24th Feb 2009, 17:56
Hey, old fart. Don't get out much do you ? If you did you would know that " religiously " fits the quote perfectly in other parts of the english speaking world. Couldn't resist !:}

buttline
26th Feb 2009, 19:42
Is it possible to work for Etihad but live in Dubai? I've not been to Abu Dhabi yet to be honest but peeps tell me Dubai is better.

Thanks

outofsynch
27th Feb 2009, 01:12
Most people who tell you Dubai is better, haven't been to AD themselves.... Its a myth AD is, in my opinion, so far ahead of Dubai, as a civilised place to live, with nice waterfronts, more trees, and far, far less traffic. AS a consequence, far less pollution/smog.

However, if you love traffic, and slow travel, Dubai is a winner.

KRUGERFLAP
27th Feb 2009, 02:29
Yes ,i prefer to stay in SMBZC Mussafah Hills:ok: ,LOL !At least my kids love it,wife has a shuttle free to the city if she doesn't want to drive town and i am close to the airport. 24 security,cover parking,Laundry in house, tennis court,soccer and basketball court,indoor pool and jacuzzi,and stunning cabin crew everywhere.and guess what,i choose and indoor view,so i can't see the labor camps around. Could be better,but its ok . Nice 3 bedroom apartment (182 m2) And now we have Etisalat internet Finally.

Dubai is too far. straight boring road,very easy to sleep and massalama(CRASH).

Netset
27th Feb 2009, 10:09
It is not my intention to offend anybody or be direspectful, but should the level of accommodation for married pilots with families be the same as the cabin crew's?

Etihad is not investing money to secure villas for the pilots, like Emirates and Qatar Airways which both offer (or about to offer) compound villas with all facilities?

frankbama
27th Feb 2009, 16:14
It would be nice o have the 4 bedroom that is in the contract. I have 3 kids and with 5 of us in an apartment it is tight. Prices are falling in Dubai and it would be worth the drive for space for the family

shortfuel
27th Feb 2009, 20:06
I don't want to give you false hope, but housing should not be a problem for Etihad in 2009.

To be confirmed on the next staff roadshow, but heard that more than a hundred villas would be available this year.

Actually, first year of its kind, housing speaking...

Bredrin
28th Feb 2009, 04:37
Netset,
The Pilots get flats in SMBZC while the Cabin Crew share and each get their own bedroom. There are other EY buildings with a similar set up. On one hand I see where you are coming from but, is it not refreshing to see that the powers that be have realised that men and women can live in the same building? Not too long ago there was a plan to move the men out of a certain building because single men and single women COULD NOT BE ALLOWED to live TOGETHER.

Bredrin
7th Mar 2009, 05:17
I think we are on the same page CT7

Togalk
8th Mar 2009, 06:18
not allowing the guys and girls in the same building was a stupid idea in the first place. Unless of course they got us separate hotels away on layovers...

Etisad
23rd Mar 2009, 21:25
another month, another late roster. Who/what are they going to blame this month?
Maybe everyone is out trying Hogey's new car.

astronaute
23rd Mar 2009, 22:18
What brand ,the Jimmy s car ?:confused:

bus787
24th Mar 2009, 04:46
They will probably blame the new A320 committe discussing roster issues.

SandDragon
24th Mar 2009, 18:00
well guys for sure DP was great doing the airbus planning and it bothered her as well being removed .

I just hope someone realizes what they are doing and get her back to the position she was .

A I still has some things to learn and must be guided , its not learn as you walk , if you are really trying to run an airline full of expats that try to have a life here in AUH and some elsewhere .

rostering is the base for our family planning .

get the message , Hope so!!!

Bredrin
24th Mar 2009, 21:17
Are the rosters not due out 7 days prior to the beginning of the month? If so, they were poblished on the 24th which is 7 days prior to the next month. Apologies if I am wrong.

fractional
25th Mar 2009, 22:34
It will be in 12 hours today:confused:, and then comes the weekend!:cool: It's just a matter of proper timing...:p

Togalk
26th Mar 2009, 11:20
You are wrong, it came out on the 25th. Even if that was the day it was due, why is it always the very last minute? Maybe we should sit around and depart exactly on time every flight and not a minute early.

Bredrin
27th Mar 2009, 10:40
I got mine on the 24th TOGA. On time... one day early in this case. On time is on time does not matter one minute or one day. Now.....how often will we see THERE ARE CHANGES TO YOUR ROSTER!!!!!?