PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Landing at Cloncurry

Mr Whippy
23rd Jan 2009, 10:17
Anyone know more about this? I assume it's either the M@cair atr, or skyairworld emb145? Sounds like a good job by the crew.

Forty passengers survive emergency Cloncurry landing - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) (http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/01/23/2473427.htm)

Forty passengers survive emergency Cloncurry landing

A passenger plane carrying 40 people has made a safe emergency landing at Cloncurry in north-western Queensland.

Police say it appears a fire in one of the aircraft's engines forced the plane to land.

Several fire crews were on standby when the plane touched down around 5:20pm AEST.

No-one on board is believed to be injured.

Authorities cannot confirm a report that the plane was struck by lightning.

equal
23rd Jan 2009, 11:34
The Aviation Herald (http://avherald.com/h?article=413d8928&opt=0)

this one says an ATR42 but carrying 24 people.

dizzylizzy
23rd Jan 2009, 21:28
... and isn't qflink about to commence services on this route? Doesn't sound like good news for ******. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they only have 1 ATR?

ditzyboy
24th Jan 2009, 00:51
QantasLink is yet to announce Cloncurry. Mt Isa, yes. Cloncurry, no.

PCFlyer
24th Jan 2009, 06:39
ditzyboy,

Yes, the aircraft was put down in Cloncurry due to the malfunction, but it was on it's way to Mt Isa. So i guess the answer is yes, dizzylizzy, Qlink are about to commence services on this route.

Max Talk
24th Jan 2009, 20:25
Yes, the aircraft was going to MA, but via CCY enroute as planned.
It was only a spurious warning, with NO fire. Standard precautionary shutdown and landing, and they were on final approach when it happened.

Torres
24th Jan 2009, 21:57
Well done that crew. Another ops normal, non event.

Mr. Hat
24th Jan 2009, 23:41
"the curry", "the isa" as the locals call em.

Just a Grunt
27th Jan 2009, 07:27
A non-pilot mate of mine was on board. He noted that the engine immediately outside his window wasn't turning, but assumed that it was ******'s SOP to save fuel.