PDA

View Full Version : Filters or separators on B206 series

perfrej
23rd Jan 2009, 06:13
Folks!

I know that there are modern filters out there that are supposed to be almost as good as a particle separator - at a fraction of the weight and with no bleed air drain.

Does anyone have experience with these, and in that case would you like to share your experiences?

Eventually, removing the particle separator in a B206 that is already loaded with stuff seems like the way to go.

/p

Shawn Coyle
23rd Jan 2009, 11:20
There is a very good reason why the filters are selling well.

fluffy5
23rd Jan 2009, 12:56
Yep, where I am in the middle of the desert, we operate all the B206's with sand filters, which cope with the enviroment very well. When we know they are getting clogged, we will get our little light in the cockpit " low inlet pressure " , by mointoring the tot, and reducing the N1 down passed 92%, we then can generally continue with our mission. What we don't do is select the naughty little switch for the bypass, which then sucks all the sand and dust straight into the engine. Practical yes, cheap yes.

fluffy.

perfrej
23rd Jan 2009, 22:20
Avoiding flicking the switch seems OK to me...

I'll seriously recommend the filter option and get rid of our particle separator - what a wheight penalty that thing is!

/p