PDA

View Full Version : Want To Combine Accident Inv. Course And A&p

Stevedornier
22nd Jan 2009, 08:05
Kindly someone tell me the choices i have to do both A/C accidnt investigation course in Virginia{NTSB centre}and attend an FAA aprooved centre for my A&P certifcate.Im supposed to be there in August this year.....want to avoid the cost of travel and acccomodation by combining both....Im in Kenya and holds a local licence.Any facility can help me and is near NTSB training centre???. Il be grteful.:confused:

Miles Gustaph
26th Jan 2009, 03:35
Just an observation, but why are you doing both together?

If you are currently unlicensed why are you doing an accident investigators course, as a substantial amount of experience is necessary to act competently as an aircraft accident investigator.

What is it that you’re trying to achieve, as sorting that out may save you a pot of cash?

Blacksheep
27th Jan 2009, 12:17
He's not unlicensed. He doesn't have an A & P. (Neither have I). He's trying to combine two courses into one trip to save a bit of expense.

Miles Gustaph
28th Jan 2009, 03:16
Blacksheep,
Thanks for your totally unhelpful reply; I’m sure your contribution to Steve’s request will illuminate his situation.

I was just trying to help as I have experience in this field, and have worked with numerous people who have attended expensive accident investigator courses only for them to be of no use in their jobs or future careers.

Sorry that sounded like I was trying to save him money…