PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Recruiting in Middle East???

Captain Asad
22nd Jan 2009, 02:24
Does anybody know of any companies that are currently recruiting in the middle east.

I am recently qualified Frozen ATPL holder (CPL / ME / IR / MCC) with 260 hours total time.

British national but happy to relocate.

All help will be appreciated

Captain Asad

Wizofoz
22nd Jan 2009, 02:28
Sorry to say, but VERY unlikely with that sort of eperience.

airbusa330
22nd Jan 2009, 11:25
Try the guys that do freight runs with a b1900 on behalf of DHL Dubai based,sorry I don't know their name. Not flash but its a start. Turn up in person if you want the job and if you can.It worked for a friend of mine right after 9/11 with similar experience.
Enchalla and good luck.

europilot
22nd Jan 2009, 11:53
they are called Falcon Express or something...try this one...

Falcon Express Cargo Airlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falcon_Express_Cargo_Airlines)

ironbutt57
22nd Jan 2009, 14:21
Falcon Express= Fedex and a couple others..B1900 type required

S.F.L.Y
22nd Jan 2009, 14:48
I think they are not interested in frozen ATPL for FOs... funny when you remind yourself that's to fly as a copilot on a single pilot certified turboprop. It's not really the place for people without hundreds of hours on multi engines jets.

OMDB-PiLoT
22nd Jan 2009, 15:32
Falcon needs B1900 rating plus 500 Multi hours. In simple words, there is no hope in the middle-east for a newbie pilot.

sharksucker
22nd Jan 2009, 18:33
The point with FECA is as well, they are not interested in a JAA frozen ATPL for the following reason: once you get the hours for command on the B190 (which is multi crew operated according to their AOC) you will need a ATPL. Now, you can't unfreeze a JAA frozen ATPL with just a JAR/FAR 23 (special category FAR 32(?) aircraft. So you need something else like FAA licence to be able to obtain an ATPL at a later stage..
BTW: the hours on the 1900 count in JAA as multicrew time (edit: if flown in a multicrew environment according to the operators AOC)and give you the MCC excemption, so you could save on that money!
But as others said: minimum in FECA is 500TT and 300 ME and a 1900 rating.
You could try your luck with fly.ave (former Phoenix Aviation)(B732), Aerovista(B732) or Al Rais Aircargo (B727 cargo, subcharter for DHL). All three used to take on lowtimers if you were willing to pay for the rating. All of them flying into beautiful airspaces like Irak and Afghanistan...
Other than that, no idea. If you had an instructors licence you could try as well Horizon Flightacademy in Al Ain, spoke to the manager about 18 month ago and by that time they were desperately looking for instructors. Pay was very good for instructors in that place..
Good luck!

Captain Asad
23rd Jan 2009, 00:27
Thank you all very much for your input. It has definately helped. I will be speaking to the companies mentioned and we'll see what happens with my job prospects.

Please keep on mentioning companies that will be recruiting in the future so others in my situation can also benefit.

Once again thank you all for the advice.

Regards
C Asad

bob.sakamano
23rd Jan 2009, 02:12
In this economy, guys with nearly 10x your time are sitting it out. In the US, you need at least 1200 hours just to fly a Cessna 206 doing Grand Canyon Air Tours. I know you don't want to hear it, but you're most likely going to have to wait until the world wide economy has improved. Based on what you've spent, why not get spend a fraction more for an instructor rating and learn to fly while getting paid before moving to turbine aircraft?

Light single and twin flying is more fun than you'll ever see from the right seat of a shiny jet. I, along with everyone else that flies for a living can guarantee it.

Once you hit at least 1,000 hours, you'll be much more marketable and closer to being ready to handle the transition into a jet.

I don't mean this to sound condescending, but you'll get a lot more respect from your fellow pilots by earning those wings.

Best of luck and don't give up.

p.s. Please don't ever offer to fly for free...:=

Captain Asad
23rd Jan 2009, 02:30
Hey Bob thanks for the input

I completely understand what you're saying. I completed my IR in October and always said I would wait 6 months before doing an Instructor rating (kinda falls in line with UK weather in winter months.. it'll take forever if i start it now). I'm happy to do an instructor rating but i'd rather wait another 3-4 months or so for weather to get better. Flight Schools are busier in the spring and summer months, but still hoping for something else to come up.

I know there are people more qualified than I am (some probably in a very worse situation compared to me) but I'm an optimistic kind of guy. If something comes along, be it in any corner of the world (hopefully in a warm and tropical part of the world) I'll take it up. (not for free though:))

Does anyone know of Instructor pay scales around the world??

Regards

C Asad

S.F.L.Y
23rd Jan 2009, 04:32
Just for my personal information, where does the requirement of a full ATPL comes for being capt. on a B1900, even in multi crew? I've been flying multi crew 406s (also FAR23) in Europe without needing it and as far as I know CARs and JARs are quite similar.

Humber10
23rd Jan 2009, 08:09
doesnt anything greater than 5700kgs require an atpl for the LHS if under commercial operations... That would include a B1900...

S.F.L.Y
23rd Jan 2009, 08:29
The 1900 is a commuter which in JARs you can captain with a simple CPL. Here is what I've found in the UAE CARs

A Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) holder does not operate as a commander of an aeroplane certificated in the Aeroplane Flight Manual for single pilot operations unless:
(i) When conducting passenger carrying operations under Visual Flight Rules
(VFR) outside a radius of 50 nm from an aerodrome of departure, the pilot has
a minimum of 500 hours total flight time on aeroplanes or holds a valid
Instrument Rating; or
(ii) When operating on a multi-engine type under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR),
the pilot has a minimum of 700 hours total flight time on aeroplanes which
includes 400 hours as pilot-in-command in accordance with the requirements
governing Flight Crew Licenses, of which 100 hours have been under IFR
including 40 hours multi-engine operation. The 400 hours as pilot-in-command
may be substituted by hours operating as co-pilot on the basis of two hours copilot
is equivalent to one hour as pilot-in-command provided those hours were
gained within an established multi-pilot crew system prescribed in the
Operations Manual

nicsherman
24th Jan 2009, 16:21
Hey mate. The companies name to get into contact is Falcon Express Cargo Airlines. They operate B1900's in and around the middle east. It is a good idea that you have a 1900 rating and at one stage i know one needed at least 300 hrs twin time but from what i have heard from mates who are still there is that they are very short of crew so give it a go.

The guy to speak to is Steve Sanchez. Give it a go , its worth a try...you will never know till you've tried. The number to call there is +9714 28 26 886.

All the best.

abhi88
24th Jan 2009, 16:39
Spoke to the secretary of Steve 2 days ago over the phone...The lady said 500TT with 300multi and B1900 type rating is a must!! She didnt even pass the phone to steve sanchez!:(

Does anyone here know if the ban on Antonov-12 is still on in UAE???