PDA

View Full Version : The Last Word on GWB

galaxy flyer
21st Jan 2009, 21:18
It is the day after the crowning of a new Head of State for the USA. And I just read in The Times of India what the Dalai Lama had to tell us about GWB. Now, he tells us. Now I didn't much like his spending, poor speeches and the like, but....

Non-violence can't tackle terror: Dalai -India-The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Non-violence_cant_tackle_terror_Dalai_/articleshow/3995810.cms)

Grabbing hat, coat, and off to an anonymous hotel

GF

CityofFlight
21st Jan 2009, 21:34
I'll be darned.

Ever since Obama began having classified briefings for his new role, I had a sense that he began to preceive Bush a little differently. Nothing is ever as it appears.

con-pilot
21st Jan 2009, 23:17
Ever since Obama began having classified briefings for his new role

Yes, it is rather interesting that the more classified briefings President Obama has received, the friendlier he became towards Bush.

Trust me, after what he has learned in the last few weeks; he ain't going to give up smoking. :p

I really do hope for the best, time will tell.

(Poor guy will probably end up smoking at least two packs of cigarettes a day.)

airfoilmod
21st Jan 2009, 23:20
My guess would be.... CAMELS. Captain?

CityofFlight
21st Jan 2009, 23:36
I wonder if he's allowed to smoke in the White House or if he has to huddle around outside next to some coffee can filled with sand! :} :p

(Oh, sure, Marge....you betchya)

con-pilot
21st Jan 2009, 23:45
I wonder if he's allowed to smoke in the White House or if he has to huddle around outside next to some coffee can filled with sand!

Officially, officially mind you, the White House is non-smoking, by rule. However, the rules of the White House are at the pleasure of the serving President.

All President Obama has to do, is change the rules. Remember, he stated that he would abide by the rules of the White House. ;)

(A little, not well kept secret is that Laura Bush smokes. The private quarters of the White House is exactly that; just as in a private home, they can do what they want in their home. Well except for illegal stuff.)

BenThere
21st Jan 2009, 23:55
I thought George Bush was a decent man when he got to the White House, and I think he was a decent man when he left.

Howard Hughes
22nd Jan 2009, 00:02
the rules of the White House are at the pleasure of the serving President.
In that case if I were President, I would make every Friday... 'Nudie Friday'!:E

Buster Hyman
22nd Jan 2009, 00:52
I would make every Friday... 'Nudie Friday'
Hilary excepted!:bored:

CityofFlight
22nd Jan 2009, 01:07
Buster... there are a few others to add to that exception. Fortunately, we don't have to worry about Mr. Hughes being in office. :p

Howard Hughes
22nd Jan 2009, 01:15
Thanks CofF, was gonna make you 'Secretary of State' too, but you can forget it now...:hmm:

galaxy flyer
22nd Jan 2009, 01:16
he ain't going to give up smoking.

C-P

Reminds me of the Luftwaffe joke--definition of an optimist was a F-104 pilot who gave up smoking.

GF

CityofFlight
22nd Jan 2009, 01:54
Thanks CofF, was gonna make you 'Secretary of State' too, but you can forget it now...http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/yeees.gif

Secretary? Secretary? I dun wanna be no stinkin' secretary!

I want to be Chief of Staff and wear a feathered headdress! :} :p

BlueDiamond
22nd Jan 2009, 01:55
It is the day after the crowning of a new Head of State
Err ... kings and queens are crowned, presidents are sworn in.

Howard Hughes
22nd Jan 2009, 02:12
I want to be Chief of Staff and wear a feathered headdress!
I don't think anyone will be looking at your headress on 'Nudie Friday'....:E

tinpis
22nd Jan 2009, 02:17
Do Americans loathe everything that lives and breathes in Washington as we do of Canberra?

CityofFlight
22nd Jan 2009, 02:25
Do Americans loathe everything that lives and breathes in Washington as we do of Canberra?

No. It's just the cynic in you. :p ;)

tinpis
22nd Jan 2009, 02:42
Oh, I'm speaking of DC here.....

CityofFlight
22nd Jan 2009, 02:52
tinpis, I knew you meant Washington DC. If you've read any of the statements posted by Americans in the last few days of threads, you'd know your answer.

IMHO, I believe most of the cynicism for Washington DC exists outside of the US.

Buster Hyman
22nd Jan 2009, 03:31
I don't think anyone will be looking at your headress on 'Nudie Friday'....http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gif
...MUST...resist....temp...tation....to....respond....:oh:

lowerlobe
22nd Jan 2009, 03:37
Seeing that this thread is about George Bush,I thought I'd post some of his words of wisdom....
For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it.
"The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done"
I'm really going to miss him....

nahsuD
22nd Jan 2009, 03:45
You see the only piece of paper on the desk. That's a list left by Bush, made by Cheney. It has 3 items:

Iraq - Check

To do:
Iran
North Korea

http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/wp-content/assets/19/807/picture1.jpg

Howard Hughes
22nd Jan 2009, 03:45
GWB as in "four more years"? Bugger it's just not the same without the visuals...:}

PS: CofF will be dissapointed if you don't respond Buster!;)

CityofFlight
22nd Jan 2009, 03:49
Buster... it's so unlike you to be coy. :p C'mon, big guy...whatchya thinking?

Buster Hyman
22nd Jan 2009, 04:01
They call me Billy, not Silly!:=

CityofFlight
22nd Jan 2009, 04:09
A man with a code of honour. :)

HH...is this something you should aspire to? :p

Howard Hughes
22nd Jan 2009, 04:14
All this talk of nudity Buster can't bare it, he prefers to fanatasise about me wearing womens clothes!;)

Honour? Naaaaaaa...:E

Loose rivets
22nd Jan 2009, 04:23
Only scanned thread quickly, but didn't see anything about Gee Dubbbbbleyars time in Texas. According to folk who spend time summing up his whereabouts, it seems that our man spent 3 of his 8 years in the top job, down here in Texas.

CityofFlight
22nd Jan 2009, 04:24
That's okay, HH. I'm fully aware of your code and it's ranks up there. :ok:

But I am starting to think Buster has some kind of fetish fixation with you and women's clothes....:confused: :ooh:

Buster Hyman
22nd Jan 2009, 04:31
You know I'm not into nudity Howard. People pushing me back into the water gives me the shits!

Fetish? Naaaah... Therapy.

Blacksheep
22nd Jan 2009, 08:11
GWB was and is a nice enough guy on his own. Unfortunately he managed to surround himself with self-serving feckwits.

One can only hope that President Obama's chosen team turn out to be good advisors.

Parapunter
22nd Jan 2009, 08:16
I tend towards the opposite of that - it's Cheney who had the feckwit.

sitigeltfel
22nd Jan 2009, 09:46
One can only hope that President Obama's chosen team turn out to be good advisors.

Like Hillary Clinton?

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee201/sitigeltfel/Prosperity-Clinton.jpg