PDA

View Full Version : Leasing

AMEX
14th Nov 2000, 06:03
I have posted this question in the question forum but without any luck there I am trying here.
Facts: We operate privately, an A/C registered in the UK. Although we would like to get an AOC for Public transport, this is not possible as overhere, the type is not certified for such operation. Because our A/C type is very popular in many parts of the world, we often get enquiries from companies wishing to lease the plane+crew on a short term basis.

Question: If the A/C type is approved for PT in that company's country, is there any way for us to lease our A/C without breaching any CAA regulation?
I suspect the CAA is our gorverning body wherever we are operating from but is it still true in the case of a leasing?
I will ask that question to the CAA but here I hope to read comments from people who had/have first hand experience. Thanks for any input as it will greatly assist us for our future.

Plane Speaker
16th Nov 2000, 08:02
An Annexe 6 transfer may prove to be your salvation. This allows an airline to operate a foreign registered aircraft on its own AOC. However you will need the co-operation of the Owner of the aircraft, the lessee and or lessor, the airwothiness Authority of the contry of operation and finally the CAA. Having said all of this, if your aircraft type is only approved for operation inn the Private Cat., the I can't see CAA allowing Public cat ops in another country whilst still on the G reg.
Good luck.