PDA

View Full Version : Whats a R44 RII now worth???

tinyjohnston
21st Jan 2009, 16:17
All

I have bee asked a question as to what a R44 RII 2007(Nov) with 110Hours on it is worth??

Any guidelines as to what others have been sold for would e appreciated.

Rgds,
Tiny

R44-pilot
21st Jan 2009, 16:28
Certainly no expert, but I would just look at what other ships are being sold for, or at least advertised at.

What extras it has? paint, seats, bubble windows, night kit, insruments etc.... any optional extras

Try:

Avbuyer.com
Google Robinson R44 Raven 2 forsale etc...
eBay sell a few or at least advertise a few...
Helicopter operators around the UK who sell heli's.
Robinson dealerships etc...
Them sort of things.

What are they coming out at new in the same spec aswell... currency exchange rates worth looking at to sell outside of the UK.

I mean I dont know but there some of the things I would check first. :ok:

HillerBee
21st Jan 2009, 16:36
At the moment there are many on the market, and quite a number of repossessed ones. I would say you're lucky to get 180k Euro.

EN48
21st Jan 2009, 16:50
There are presently 74 of these listed for sale on Controller (www.controller.com (http://www.controller.com)). While these listings may be more useful as an indicator of the current US market, may give some meaningful guidance elsewhere. It is very much a buyers market. IMHO, many of these ships will sell well below asking price. If you are a buyer, negotiate hard. If you are a seller, try to wait for a more favorable market.

krypton_john
21st Jan 2009, 18:01
I watch the controller.com listings and the prices haven't moved at all. In fact the same ships seem to be have listed for months.

In other words, what people are asking may have no relativity to what they are getting.

nigelh
21st Jan 2009, 18:28
As i have said in another post i know of other helis that have been for sale at a high price but sold at around half the asking price and i think it has a long way to go down still i am afraid . The cheaper the heli the bigger the drop i would guess as the rich can keep theirs and the poor fly robbos and will have to sell in a downturn :(

cyclic flare
21st Jan 2009, 19:25
In the Uk about £180 - 185k this is due to around 25 machines hitting the Uk market from Ireland. The majority of these have been sold some for as little as £140k. You will start to see the prices rise probably by summer due to the exchange rate. New machine now costing in excess of £300k

rotorboater
21st Jan 2009, 19:45
I will give you £100k cash

FLY 7
21st Jan 2009, 21:04
Unfortunately, there's probably an oversupply of Robinsons in circulation.

And price is a factor of supply and demand.

Rotorhead412
21st Jan 2009, 21:36
Tis a true point! With 8000+ R44's in circulation, prices have dropped rapidly, consider 2 years ago, who would of thought an R44 would of been AVAILABLE for purchase for anything less than 230k!? Just to think, you can now buy a extremely low hour R44 for the same price you would as a brand new R22 from the factory!

'Helidata' seems to be quite a good helicopter sales brochure, comes out monthly i do believe, mainly deals with the british isles, but sure it would be worth a look anyway!

21lefthand
25th Jan 2009, 18:34
I'm in the market for a newish Raven 1 or II but haven't seen many advertised especialy for reasonable money would apreatiate being pointed in the direction of where they are

Efirmovich
25th Jan 2009, 18:53
21 PM me, there are quite a few late machines around at the moment around the £150/£160 mark, its a buyers market if you have cash !

E.:ok:

pants on fire...
25th Jan 2009, 21:09
I thought the value of a robbie was based on how much fuel was in the tanks?

:eek:

turboshaft
25th Jan 2009, 21:51
Robinson is reported to have ended the year with a large number of unsold whitetalls, due in part to the recovery of the Dollar, which will further depress used values.

Jackboot
26th Jan 2009, 07:28
....Which makes the machine even more expensive new here in the UK.

There is a chasm between new/ lightly used values here.

I concur that if you have the cash, and especially if you have no trade in, fill your boots!

We are at a time where you can buy a 'Buy One Get One free' Chrysler ( honest!) etc.

Happy hunting - keep us posted.

Jack

misterbonkers
26th Jan 2009, 08:36
Im on the prowl for a low hour'd Raven 2 but it needs to be VAT paid.

despodonnell
26th Jan 2009, 17:13
May consider selling R44 Raven11 125 hrs mint condition call for info +353 87 909 6907

Rotorhead412
26th Jan 2009, 19:46
Check out this website, theres several helis there for sale, and if what you want isn't there, they'll be able to get you whatever ya want!!!

www.executive-helicopters.com (http://www.executive-helicopters.com)

airbourne
26th Jan 2009, 21:52
There are 2 Astros for sale on Ebay for about 45-50k. I think they have about 200 hours life left on them.

21lefthand
8th Feb 2009, 19:59
Thanks to everyone who Pm'd me. I've got fixed up with a nice Raven II with 140 hours. Efirmovich took me to pick it up on saturday and i'm realy pleased with it so far.:)

krypton_john
9th Feb 2009, 00:25
Go on... tell us what year and how much!

smallville
9th Feb 2009, 20:13
I am looking for a Raven 1, please could you tell me if you bought yours from a dealer or private if it was a dealer could you advise of your experience with them.

21lefthand
10th Feb 2009, 06:53
Smallville I bought it privately from someone who sent me a pm I would imagine you will get a few now?

Megavar
14th Mar 2009, 04:41
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a good used R44. It looks like there are a lot on the market that aren't selling but the prices being advertised on most sites aren't getting any cheaper! I woiuld have expected that the crunch in the world financials would have made a lot of helicopters "surplus to requirements" yet prices aren't reflecting any "fire-sales".

I am looking for a R44 clipper, 2005 or newer with less than 500 hours if possible. What would be the expected price range? I will look at other options if they are well priced of course.

I am also wondering if it is possible to retrofit the pop-out floats to a Raven? Does anyone have experience in this area and pricing to complete the change?

I would also consider a Raven I or II if there are no good clippers about.

cheers,
Matt

krypton_john
15th Mar 2009, 21:04
I don't think you can retrofit floats to Raven skids. Take a look at the skids on a Clipper - they are quite different in that they extend backwards from the rear supports.

biggles99
15th Mar 2009, 22:41
Krypton John, you can retro-fit floats to a Raven. PM me for more info.

Megavar, expect to pay at least £160,000 for a 5 year old Clipper.

Also, 3 year old, less than 300 hour Raven Is and Raven IIs are selling very well.

That's why the prices are firm(ish).

In the UK, you can buy this kind of machine for around £170- £180k, sometimes a little less depending on condition, previous usage and equipment fit.

A well spec'd new Raven II will now cost over £340,000, so the second hand machines are already pretty much half price, but only a quarter of the way through their lives.

There are a lot of buyers out there waiting for distress sellers. My experience so far this year is that most of these buyers will be waiting for a very long time while all the nice stuff gets sold abroad. We've sold 7 helicopters in 6 week, 5 of them being R44s.

If you want more information, PM me.

Big Ls

WhiskJockeyCobby
17th Mar 2009, 20:00
i am selling a raven 2. Not quite a year old with 170 hours.

Pm me if your interested.

Megavar
18th Mar 2009, 20:17
Hi Biggles99,

thanks for your reply. Those would be most likely dealership prices, as they have an interest in keeping prices high.

I have have had seller offers on low hour ships that are 30 to 40 thousand pounds less than the ones you have quoted.

It pays to pay private at the moment.
cheers,
Matt

biggles99
19th Mar 2009, 21:05
Hi Megavar

A 2004 Clipper II with 500 hours on it for £120,000?

that would be a bargain, methinks.

Go for it, deals like that are very rare indeed.

Big Ls.

R44-pilot
19th Mar 2009, 21:14
That really does sound like a bargain!

scooter boy
20th Mar 2009, 09:46
"A 2004 Clipper II with 500 hours on it for £120,000?"
I'll believe that when I see it,

SB

Megavar
21st Mar 2009, 08:30
Guys,
Please re-read my post. I never said what year or how many hours!?????
Biggles99, why would you try to put a guesstimate on what I have been offered and make it sound like I said it?
I said 30 -40 thousand off what you have been quoting (which is 160-170). This to me means 130,000 and yes, I have been offered this kind of deal.
Matt

wrccaterer
22nd Mar 2009, 00:51
I have a nice 2004 clipper2 with only 277 hours, could anyone point me in a direction to where to sell and a guide price for such...

or if any one out there wants more info PM me..

O and would prefer no dreamers thinkin they going to get a bargain price, because if the price silly i will just fly on with it....

Megavar
23rd Mar 2009, 20:12
Pilot Mike,

Biggles99's words regarding pricing:
Megavar, expect to pay at least £160,000 for a 5 year old Clipper.
In the UK, you can buy this kind of machine for around £170- £180k, sometimes a little less depending on condition, previous usage and equipment fit

My words replying directly to his pricing:
I have have had seller offers on low hour ships that are 30 to 40 thousand pounds less than the ones you have quoted.

I didn't refer it back to my first post regarding year and hours , I just said low hours ship.

Come on pilot mike????

toptobottom
30th Mar 2009, 09:11
For both I recommend HeliAir!

I wouldn't recommend HeliAir for anything!- nice guys 'on the floor', but the management are aggressive, arrogant and greedy. I took my machine away after they tried to slap a £2,000/year 'part M' charge on me for looking after my brand new R44 and would recommend all other owners do the same. My new maintenance organisation charges nothing for part M, and almost 30% less per hour than HeliAir.

scooter boy
30th Mar 2009, 21:22
Heliair dented one of the engine cowls in my new aircraft several years ago and then denied responsibility.
At that time it seemed that they didn't have to try too hard to find engineering work or sell new machines so what did it matter that they dented the odd panel - I was a wealthy helicopter owner and I would have to pay to have it fixed.

I never went back and never will.

SB

airbourne
31st Mar 2009, 12:52
I know someone in the market for an Astro at the moment. Something with maybe 200-300 hours or 3 years life left. Or anything in between, but it has to be an astro. If you have or know someone that has one for sale, please drop me a PM.

Ta

biggles99
31st Mar 2009, 18:24
Airbourne,

there are 3 advertised on Q Aviation's website, fly-q.co.uk website. One with 3 years and 700 hours to go, the others with varying years or hours.

And patriot aviation has some as well

And sloane had one a while back

Please feel free to PM me for more info.

Big Ls

toptobottom
6th Apr 2009, 10:35
It'll be interesting to see how HeliAir's arrogance, not to mention its bank balance, survive during these trying times. One thing that is certain, they'd have a much healthier business if the small [greek] problem was given some lessons in basic customer service and honesty.

Max_Clipper
6th Jun 2009, 22:27
Hi!

Im looking to buy a new or nearly new R44 Clipper II in the near weeks. I don“t have any previosly experiance about buying helicopters. But i seems like the best deals is to wait and buy a new cancelation from the factory.

I“m not willing to pay same (or nearly) the same price for a used as a new one. Does anybody know where i can find a nice nearly new (or new) one at a resonable price?

Since i just finished my PPL(H) i would like to have on right away!:}

Best regards Max

jeepys
7th Jun 2009, 11:07
From some recent correspondance I notice there is a facility at Henstridge airfield (Dorset/Somerset border) that does Robinson maintenance. Don't know much about them yet but they can only be better than Heliair.

firebird_uk
7th Jun 2009, 14:22
FAST have one that's been hangered since new in 2007 and only has about 50hrs on it. See here (http://www.fasthelicopters.com/robinson_helicopter_sales_2007r44.htm).

Rarely used celebrity toy.

PEASACAKE
7th Jun 2009, 14:40
Toptobottom

Are you sure Heli Air are charging £2000 per year per helicopter for Part M services.

A friend of mine is about to consider them for maintenance on his Helicopter, I will see what he is quoted when he asks.

Max_Clipper
7th Jun 2009, 16:18
Thanks!

I have calld and emaild about the silver one at FAST, but don“t got any respond. Anybody know anything about it? Is it well spect?

What do you have to say about the prices, i think that the silver is reasonable priced but the others?

A new these days is 399 000 $ witch is 3 070 000 SEK
To this adds GPS and air transkort 20 000 $

240 000£ is 3 000 000 SEK, IMO no big difference.

If i buy a new one ill get warranty and a brand new aircraft, if i didn“t want it immideatly i would buy a new but now im in a different situation.

Am i missing something? The helis dosen“t seem to move and new ones is produced every day without beeing sold, even discunted.

biggles99
8th Jun 2009, 08:54
Max,

check you PMs.

Big Ls.

toptobottom
8th Jun 2009, 09:02
Are you sure Heli Air are charging £2000 per year per helicopter for Part M services.

A friend of mine is about to consider them for maintenance on his Helicopter, I will see what he is quoted when he asks.

A £2,000 bill from Heliair for Part M suddenly landed unannounced on my door mat together with a thick wad of contracts to sign - all out of the blue. After I questioned it with Heliair, I was offered a reduction to £500 p.a. as long as I promised not to tell anyone else. I later found out that at least 3 others (and maybe many more) had also been offered the same 'secret' rate!

However, I still thought that was too much to charge for a brand new machine that was still only 50% through its very first tech log and with a maintenance history that stretched to replacing a single landing light bulb (Heliair even charged £80 to replace that - a 10 minute job!!).

I don't like playing games and I don't like being ripped off, but after I was accused of lying, I decided it was time to move on - along with a few others who were fed up with Heliair's appalling attitude. If I treated my customers the same way that Heliair treats theirs, I would be out of business in no time! My machine is now looked after by another maintenance org which is part M approved and which charges NOTHING for the privilege!! The maintenance rates are just £50/hour instead of the £75/hour at Heliair. My experience so far with this new company is that it is helpful, pro-active and honest - everything Heliair isn't. I'd be interested to see what your friend is told, but unless they enjoy being treated like an interuption and have money to burn, I'd avoid Heliair like the plague.

The real shame is the guys on the ground at Heliair are very good - despite being treated like s**t by Heliair's management - and therein lies the problem. Little people with big egos/attitude.

jeepys
8th Jun 2009, 10:13
I have eventually found the new maintenance facility at Henstridge for Robinsons and it appears from their website they do a bit more as well as fixed wings. Vanguard Helicopters they go by.
Sorry, don't know much more than that.