PDA

View Full Version : Up Close to aircraft at BBMF

Up & Away
19th Jan 2009, 12:46
I have been told that BBMF at RAF Coningsby are allowing enthusiasts to get up close to the aircraft whilst the aircraft undergo heavy maintenance before start of season.

For further information and details..
Telephone 01526 344041, or email [email protected]

Ogre
20th Jan 2009, 01:06
I don't know what you define as "Up Close", but BBMF used to have guided talks through the hanger for visitors. Basically you were guided down a fenced off area at one side of the hanger with one of the staff describing the aircraft you could see and some of the history. This walk would take you within feet of whatever was parked on that side of the hanger, or in the case of the Lancaster, under the outer wings

Up & Away
22nd Jan 2009, 09:37
Was told it was a new idea. They were talking about allowing small interested groups over the rope to watch whilst engineers were at work. (before busy season)

Blacksheep
22nd Jan 2009, 12:16
Beware! :=
...allowing small interested groups over the rope to watch whilst engineers were at work.I remember rewiring PA474's main electrical panel at Waddington in 1968 while a small interested group watched.

That was the result of a very frustrated response to persistant questions of how long I was going to be.

"F*** off and tell 'em it'll be ready when I say it f***ing well is!"

One was rewarded by the undivided interest of OC MEAS, OC Eng Wing and Harry Staish himself. ;)