PDA

View Full Version : NorthWestAirlinesTraining

amused
4th Oct 2000, 21:23
North West used to offer type rating courses including flights and accommodation. Anyone know the tel/fax or Email? With thanks

AirWolf
6th Oct 2000, 06:35
Amused,
Don't think that they stillhave that program.

NATCO was re-aquired by Nortthwest about two years ago. At that time they sold all the extra time to PanAm, with first rights to call the time back within 24 hours. PanAm sells the time to other carriers and provide instructors if needed.

Northwest does have an intern program for aviation qualified applicants. You job is a ground / classroom instructor and you work toward your certificates. It is possible to recieve types in different aircraft.

There is the possibility of employment with Northwest, however, the program is so new that I do not know of any interns that have gone directly into the Northwest pilot hiring. That does not mean that you would not have a chance with some other carrier.

Any experience is a help on the resume. I know, it took me 5 years to transition from one position to another. I spent those five years as a simulator instructor, hating most days, and tolerating the others.

Aerwolf

amused
6th Oct 2000, 09:54
Many thanks AirWolf.