PDA

View Full Version : EK interview Feb09

beechjock
19th Jan 2009, 04:30
Hi all

I have an EK interview coming up feb 09. I have spent lots of time using the search function but get more complaining than useful answers. Also the newest info is dated feb 08. Has anyone recently been for an interview with EK. If so can you please share an updated version what type of tech questions is asked. What math should you prep on? Is the sim ride still on the a310 or b777? What does the group excercise entail? Any useful and constructive info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!

beechjock
20th Jan 2009, 12:05
Hi. From submitting application to interview invite was about 3 weeks.

Any idea what the group excercises entail?

Thx

Laker
20th Jan 2009, 17:59
golfbus,

I don't agree with your logic that it will be at least a year in the pool for those interviewing in February. I think the current situation was a result of unforeseen delays in aircraft deliveries. That won't necessarily be the case going forward. If they are calling people for interviews then I imagine they plan to hire those people in 2009.

Alvord
21st Jan 2009, 00:30
If so can you please share an updated version what type of tech questions is asked. What math should you prep on? Is the sim ride still on the a310 or b777? What does the group excercise entail? Any useful and constructive info would be greatly appreciated!!

Tech questions are basic ATP type stuff.
Math questions varied from long divison to percentages to story problem. "Mental math for pilots" could help as I used it. The math would get a bit harder each question. Try to get through and look at them all and at least put down an answer if you don't know it and get through each one. It seemed that our group was divided in half on what sim you got. 50% B777, 50% A310. Takeoff and do a visual approach to land, take off low vis V1 cut, come back shoot single engine ILS, go missed, hold, wx gets better, another ILS and land.
Group exercise is straight forward. Play well with others and provide positive input to the group to form a group conclusion whatever it may be. Don't be over bearing during it but by all means participate.

Relax and enjoy your time. Take in the whole picture of what is around you and be honest. If you don't look around a bit and relax you will get home and your wife will ask all about it and you won't know much other than some math problems and that you are not clinically insane.
Hope this helps.
Alvord

nakbin330
21st Jan 2009, 03:54
The number of applications received by EK is huge, and since the downturn, a LOT of them are from very experienced pilots.

Once these guys start getting into the pool, it'll be very difficult for those pilots with less time to get out of it. EK draw the most experienced from the pool, and this is obviously not based on the order in which one entered it.

After a year in the pool, another interview is required.

orientaldriver
21st Jan 2009, 06:44
Guys
I have been selective positive by EK in August 2009(screening May) and still waiting for start date. They wrote me that some classes are cancelled and they might not be able to offer anything before May 2009 (expiry or screening). They might consider extension of expiry date case by case...
Talking about experience : 6 years captain B747 Classic 9000 hrs 6000 PIC
B747-400 rating...so figure that out! Good luck.
Otherwise screening is easy, relax and enjoy the ride.
Just came back from Dubai and situation is deterioating rapidly in UAE. The good thing less traffic and lower prices...

beechjock
21st Jan 2009, 11:06
Alvord

Thanks for the good gen!

All the best!

SOPS
22nd Jan 2009, 15:18
try clicking on the emirates application form..it appears to be gone....I think the pool is getting deeper:eek:

Easy Ryder
22nd Jan 2009, 19:04
Must be only on your computer buddy!

I just logged in fine...

QNH1013
29th Jan 2009, 06:36
Latest news from Flight Ops management for those who may be concerned.
In summary;

There is effectively a recruitment ban in Emirates.

Due to on going growth, EK plan to recruit a very limited number of pilots but that is not planned to occur until June 2009 at the earliest.

EK already have a pool of pilots waiting to join and therefore there will be little or no interviewing for new pilots until well in to 2009.

Cessna1052
29th Jan 2009, 13:44
Yes, it is official. Ive seen the email too.

Hook
29th Jan 2009, 16:14
that might indicate that they are closing in on a final staffing-plan, so they can offer specific dates and courses to the pilots in the pool.

sorry guys but don't raise your hopes up too high. The extra workload will be handled by pilots already employed there. Check out the other thread.