PDA

View Full Version : I've found what must be the best landing ever...

Reluctant737
18th Jan 2009, 16:06
YouTube - Very bumpy landing (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=s5prz1Ae5QM)

:ok:

p.s. damn remote linking, I wanted it to be a surprise!

corsair
18th Jan 2009, 16:57
An oldie but a goodie. I spoke to an Aer Lingus Captain once who did something similar at the same airport. The oxygen masks deployes such was the force of impact. He actually felt it neccessary to stand at the door and apologise to the passengers as they disembarked, sorry limped off.:)

206Fan
18th Jan 2009, 17:02
Ha seen that before, crazy landing. Bet them passengers haven't flown since!

mr fish
18th Jan 2009, 17:25
just love the thought of a PIKEY fairground airstewardess shouting
"the louder you scream, the faster we go"!!!

Reluctant737
18th Jan 2009, 17:29
Ah has it been around a little while? My apologies for that, I haven't seen it before! Had me cringing and reaching for an imaginary control column when I saw that final sink!

Rainboe
18th Jan 2009, 18:48
Er....yes, here it is yet again! This is supposed to be a pilot aviation forum. Do you think we'd have been spared that one.......12 times?

We not onlyhave seen it (many times), we know the outcome, how long it was grounded for, and the subsequent events.

Radar66
18th Jan 2009, 19:17
*creeps out of the woodwork*

err... Rainboe? If I may be so bold? Some of us haven't been around on here as long as you have, so there are still certain things that are new to us, however old they may be... :O

And, really! I had no idea that there was an aviation theme here in the PPRuNe cess pit fondly called Jet Blast?! ;)

*creeps back into woodwork to escape being flamed for bad grammar, incorrect placement of punctuation marks, using emoticons AND for daring to contradict Rainboe!! Oh well, at least all my words have spaces between them... :uhoh: *

Stockpicker
18th Jan 2009, 19:22
Dear R737,

Many thanks for reminding us once more of that astonishing display of pilot expertise - I had forgotten quite how sharply the a/c was angled just before it touched the runway.

As corsair says, an oldie but a goodie! :ok:

Howard Hughes
18th Jan 2009, 19:23
Kick it straight young man, what do they teach you young bucks at the flying club these days?;)