PDA

View Full Version : Vision off...Tony Hart passes away

Richard Taylor
18th Jan 2009, 09:52
Another part of my childhood.

Vision On
Take Hart
Hartbeat

A great childrens entertainer, & very talented artist.

Will we see Morph again???

Captain Stable
18th Jan 2009, 10:20
Sad news. In many ways I think Morph was the precursor of Aardman Animations style.

Foss
18th Jan 2009, 10:37
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd113/Gfwfos/visionon1974.jpg

But then in Take Hart. And now, the gallery...
'Hart you [email protected], my picture, (theme tune) do be du de do be bo...be do doo Hart!, My picture...be bedo do doo... they're crap, show my bloody picture..I'm writing a letter of complaint to the director of the BBC.'
Here's the music.
The Original Tony Hart Gallery (http://www.tonyhart.co.uk/gallery/tony_hart_gallery_2005.htm)

Great artist, sad to see him go. I seen him on tv recently and he said it was dreadful not being able to draw anymore.

I did get a picture on eventually.

StaceyF
18th Jan 2009, 11:03
Sad news; may as well get the obvious joke out of the way before someone else posts it: I assume he died of an art attack?

Bravo73
18th Jan 2009, 11:57
Sad news. In many ways I think Morph was the precursor of Aardman Animations style.

Funny you should say that - Morph was one of Aardman's very first characters!

RIP TH

flowman
18th Jan 2009, 16:12
Has he drawn his last breath?
Thanks for the memories.

Strelnikov
18th Jan 2009, 16:39
Sunray is down.

frostbite
18th Jan 2009, 16:50
Nice tribute to him on BBC1 News.

Parapunter
18th Jan 2009, 19:06
One of those people who could connect with kids on their own terms, like Johnny Ball or Johnny Morris. Sadly, I think in Tony Harts case, death may have been a release, going on the interview he gave at the back of last year.

I see John Mortimer died too. Something of a scallywag was Mr. Mortimer, but I have been given lots of pleasure over the years, sharing my bed with Rumpole. I shall miss the world weary qc and she who must be obeyed.:(

AJMortimer
18th Jan 2009, 19:35
Yes, sad news.

When people of Tony's era are reaching the end of their days you realise how quickly time is passing...

AJ

Beatriz Fontana
18th Jan 2009, 19:36
There's a couple of programmes running as tribute to Mortimer on BBC 4 at the moment.

merlinxx
18th Jan 2009, 20:51
Blimey makes me feel fecking old, he was fun on TV, if I watched now, I'd think how dated is that. We remember, but by heck do we change our appreciations/expectations
:confused:

cargosales
18th Jan 2009, 21:37
I met him once, when I was still wearing short trousers and queued for ages to get his autograph. What a great bloke!!

He was someone who really understood his audience, had time for them and could engage with them on their level. RIP a real gentleman.

denis555
19th Jan 2009, 07:04
Sad news indeed - I know it is dangerous to jump to conclusions about someone you only see on a flickering tv screen but he always came over as a genuine 'nice guy' who would have plenty of time for you if you met him personally.

Never liked his cravats though...

kluge
19th Jan 2009, 11:48
RIP Mr hart.
Fond childhood memories.

Gelande Strasse
19th Jan 2009, 11:55
This is the music I remember Roger Moore's eyebrows of fun! (http://www.hazzamon.co.uk/roger.html)

Does my memory deceive me or was the programme one of the first to include 'signing' for deaf children?

GS

Foss
19th Jan 2009, 12:16
Yes, that was Vision On I think. Early '70's something like that?