PDA

View Full Version : Korean Air inside

jerrytheberry
17th Jan 2009, 19:26
Hi guys,
Could anyone be kind enough to drop a quick note regarding in house training? Particuarly just wondering if they have any groundschool training First Officers?

Also, what are the training facilities like and is there still a need for type rated FO's on the 737NG? According to my agency there is but wondered what the up to date situation was?

Any feedback would be great!!

Cheers

Dream.liner
27th Jan 2009, 07:17
Well mate,

As far as i have heard, there is SIM and ground training for a while. I believe they quite rude ppl there. Many exapts have left the company well b4 the contract ends. Not a encouraging work atmosphere at all. I got a feed back from one of the expats.

Think b4 you get commited.

Cheers,:ok: Happy landings

B737NG
27th Jan 2009, 15:36
Think twice before you take that track, in generak you are not welcomed and you need to take up with alot of odds. Training is cruel and if you think you just give it a shoot: Is too dangerous to risk a current job. The grass is not greener on the other side.....

Fly safe and land happy

NG

jerrytheberry
1st Feb 2009, 12:44
cheers lads for the input. Got bounced anyway for not having the 1000hrs airline required. Well from what you say doesn't seem as good as i was imagining. Very easy to think the grass is greener when you've had to go to nigeria and fly for a joke of an airline!

"oh the captain has put the gear down at 9 miles again without me asking for it!" Nigerian CRM, priceless!

Thanks again

magicfingers
28th Feb 2009, 14:24
Hi all,

Are there any 737ng FOs out at KAL who can answer the following:
Please only answer if you are the above.

Typical hours / take home pay.
Whats it like flying with local captains / dealing with operations etc.
Roster type - do they do 13 hour days like I do at my low cost airline.
What is the conversion course?
Any stop overs?
Type of room the put you in at the hyatt.
Cost of a typical meal in the hotel.
Do you get meals onboard etc.

Regards a JAA 737ng FO.