PDA

View Full Version : Bleached Teeth! Agony!

Chacha
17th Jan 2009, 18:26
Just bleached teeth and they are in agony! ... Feels like I have been sucking on ice cubes all afternoon! .. All because the lady has a date next week! .. pmsl! ..:E

(DO NOT TRY THIS WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR DENTIST! .. YOU NEED PROPER GUM TRAYS AND THE CORRECT % OF BLEACHING!) ..

Have you bleached your teeth recently? .. :E

Crosshair
17th Jan 2009, 18:47
These treatments are great for dentists' business, in the short term and in the long term. They weaken your teeth. Sorry.

tony draper
17th Jan 2009, 19:08
I think your supposed to take em out and do them in a glass.:rolleyes:

aviosaurus
17th Jan 2009, 19:32
Easier to sling 'em in the dishwasher:E

Lon More
17th Jan 2009, 19:33
DIY Then pay a professional to fix it

BombayDuck
17th Jan 2009, 19:55
I thought letting a guy get close enough to see the whites of yer teeth was not considered 'proper' conduct on the first date! ;)

flower
17th Jan 2009, 20:30
I went through teeth whitening back in 2001, I was warned if you had sensitive teeth it could be agonising thankfully I don't. They also said at the time it would probably need doing every 2 to 3 years I haven't needed to.
I didn't go to a Hollywood white that would be daft but they really do look so much nicer now.

Parapunter
17th Jan 2009, 20:49
Should have posted them.

henry crun
17th Jan 2009, 21:21
Where to ? :confused:

Standard Noise
17th Jan 2009, 21:23
By the time I hit 50 I'll have something akin to a row of condemned house occupying my cakehole but since I don't do the 'smiling' thing it makes little difference what they look like. My dentist is more concerned about the flipping things than I am, but then she is making money out of them..........and she is rather nice to gaze at, couple of nice points about her too.;)

Her lovely eyes and her sexy Portuguese accent!

Whitening yer pegs! Gawd almighty.

tony draper
17th Jan 2009, 21:51
Drop of Domestos in a eyebath and yer can do yer peepers as well.:)

DX Wombat
17th Jan 2009, 22:00
Good, healthy tooth enamel is creamy-yellow in colour. White is definitely NOT right. As has been said earlier, bleaching your teeth simply damages them. It's just not worth it.

PatrickH
17th Jan 2009, 22:30
mods, there is talk of dentist here... MODS... MODS!!!

DX Wombat
17th Jan 2009, 22:37
There, there Patrick, there's nothing to get upset about, nobody is going to let one in here.

frostbite
17th Jan 2009, 22:41
Gerbils and suchlike don't worry about it, so why should you?

DX Wombat
17th Jan 2009, 22:44
Rats have beautiful orange incisors. :ok:

PatrickH
17th Jan 2009, 22:45
Phew... Thank **** for that... Short teeth, long roots, soft enamel

hellsbrink
17th Jan 2009, 23:12
Stop mentioning dentists, they're the one thing I am absolutely petrified of...

<shivers>

Beatriz Fontana
17th Jan 2009, 23:14
Once upon a time a girl just had to worry about a bit of war paint and a good hair do before going on a date. But teeth bleaching? Yeuch! :}

Radar66
18th Jan 2009, 00:05
ah c'mon Beatriz, at least SHE'S trying to make a bit of an effort.... :)

( ;) just doing what foss suggested on another thread...)

Beatriz Fontana
18th Jan 2009, 00:12
Radar, I was shocked that no one so far had used the bad teeth icon!

Catcha, I really hope your date goes well and was worth the agony!

hellsbrink
18th Jan 2009, 00:12
at least SHE'S trying to make a bit of an effort

On that note, why do so many women feel they have the need to slap on so much warpaint when they plainly don't need to make themselves "look better"?

(I use my stepkids as a perfect example of that. Or am I strange for preferring the "natural" look?)

Radar66
18th Jan 2009, 00:37
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb122/Radar66/pprune%20pics/undercoat.jpg

Or am I strange for preferring the "natural" look?

No no no, not at all - I completely agree in fact. :ok:

However, you absolutely correctedly put the word 'natural' into inverted commas. It can take a LOT of hard work, time and investment to look 'natural'.

THIS (http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/funny/hairy-girl.jpg) is natural.... and THIS (http://rambodoc.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/sexy-woman.jpg) is the type of 'natural' that we women aspire to be! :)

hellsbrink
18th Jan 2009, 00:44
Not when I'm around, I'm more interested in getting out for the beer!!

http://forum.grandprix.com/images/smilies/beer.gif

cockney steve
18th Jan 2009, 00:51
Female loaded with warpaint trowelled into the cracks, fake tan (or the "sunbed kipper" variety) reeking of perfume,and a half-hundredweight of tin and cut-glass festooned on her ears/bosom/neck/fingers/wrists...Oh, and the plunging neckline revealing acres of wobbling, crepey flesh

ALL screams DESPERATE and HIGH MAINTENANCE and VAIN.

Nowt wrong with a little enhancement of nature's charms,but subtlety is the key, IMO. (perhaps that's why I'm on my tod? :hmm:

Haven't visited the fang-snatcher for about 20 years,when I couldn't get a logical and comprehensive argument asto why it was necessary to have a week off work so my "impacted" wisdom -teeth could be removed.

Despite the con-man's threats, I'm a couple of Grand ahead, still have the wisdom teeth still have the ones that he hadn't drilled and filled.

How do I take seriously, a profession that:-

promotes tooth whitening (as above posts)

waffles in "mumbo jumbo"-Calculus....sorry, matey, us plebs reserve that for "big sums" (not the ones we pay you)...you mean "scale" or "tartar"

"impacted" NO, they're growing OUTWARD-not getting bashed into my mouth with a big hammer

"erupt(ed) /(ing) NO, They're frickin TEETH ,NOT Mount sodding Vesuvius.

Patronising load. Sorry, should have been on the rant thread, but it's sort of on -topic

Radar66
18th Jan 2009, 00:58
Went to the dentist for the first time in a while a couple of months ago.

'when did you last visit a dentist Ms Radar?'

'not telling you til i'm back up and out of this chair :hmm:'

'I only asked because all you need doing is a bit of cleaning from our hygienist due to your red wine habit and your history of smoking, and you happen to be the first person that I have met your age that hasn't had any fillings and doesn't need any fillings! So, again, when did you last visit a dentist Ms Radar??'

'15 years ago - BYEEEEE!!' :}

Beatriz Fontana
18th Jan 2009, 01:01
There was a theory that did the rounds a while back that the more a woman used war paint, cleanser, face creams and the like, the more she'd age. The natural look means one maintains their looks for longer.

Other benefits of not wearing the stuff is more beer time and not shocking the boyfriend the following morning. With me, as the saying goes, WYSISYG!

Sorry, minor thread drift there...

ShyTorque
18th Jan 2009, 09:36
Female loaded with warpaint trowelled into the cracks, fake tan (or the "sunbed kipper" variety) reeking of perfume,and a half-hundredweight of tin and cut-glass festooned on her ears/bosom/neck/fingers/wrists...Oh, and the plunging neckline revealing acres of wobbling, crepey flesh
ALL screams DESPERATE and HIGH MAINTENANCE and VAIN.

I prefer women not to paper over the cracks. (Can't stand that disposable underwear).

Lon More
18th Jan 2009, 09:42
Did the collar and cuffs also get a bleaching?

Standard Noise
18th Jan 2009, 11:25
PatrickH & hellsbrink - if you saw my dentist, you'd want to go back every six months. Best looking tooth puller I ever set eyes on.

flower
18th Jan 2009, 11:51
My teeth needed whitening, not all of them but some. Antibiotics as a young child had led to discolouration and I don't care what you say a gleaming pair of teeth look a whole lot better than some of them being yellowed. It was awful for me I wouldn't smile as I didn't want anyone to see the couple of yellowed teeth I had. If that is vanity then fair enough I'm vain but I for one think it was well worth going through the 2 weeks of it and I smile all the time now :)

As for over made up young ladies couldn't agree more, as i tell my young nieces what they should do with make up is attempt to make it look like you aren't wearing any.

Chacha
18th Jan 2009, 15:41
I dont wear alot make-up i hate the stuff .. its like putting glue on the face .. i just wear minimum! lipstick and a little eye liner .. I have a great complexion thanks to the outdoors and horses lols .. my teeth are great too, i just like them to be clean and sparkling .. i have a polish every three months at the dentist .. the bleaching is done once a month and keeps them slightly brighter than they are .. so the males know a lot about make up then! .. whats your brand/ .. :E

Scrubbed
19th Jan 2009, 05:41
i have a polish every three months at the dentist

Is that why they have a gargle rinse beside the seat?

Alloa Akbar
19th Jan 2009, 21:40
If I may be so bold as to offer Dr Akbar's Tadpole Toothpaste for consideration??

Beatriz Fontana
19th Jan 2009, 21:49
If I may be so bold as to offer Dr Akbar's Tadpole Toothpaste for consideration??

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!! :eek:

(You know why women buy electric toothbrushes....? :=)

Loose rivets
19th Jan 2009, 22:04
I once read somewhere that Sensodyne sp? works by filling the miniature tubes in the structure of the teeth, thus stopping stingy stuff reaching the nerve.

PatrickH
19th Jan 2009, 22:15
Standard Noise

It's not the pulling :}... It's the drilling... Argghhh... The anaesthetic don't work... make then stop!!! MAKE THEM STOP!!!... MODS!!! :{

Radar66
19th Jan 2009, 22:29
what? this nice man?!

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/3686754/2/istockphoto_3686754-bad-dentist.jpg

shirley not.... :hmm:

:E

Beatriz Fontana
19th Jan 2009, 22:35
OK, people, you asked for it....

Steve Martin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM)

:ok:

CityofFlight
19th Jan 2009, 22:54
(You know why women buy electric toothbrushes....? )

Oh, dear God, Bea... say it isn't so! There's simply no need to compromise one's dental health. :=

Howard Hughes
19th Jan 2009, 23:00
(You know why women buy electric toothbrushes....? )

No... Do tell!:ooh:

Whirlygig
19th Jan 2009, 23:07
Anything other than the intended purpose just doesn't sound very hygienic to me :} :eek:

Cheers

Whirls

I don't own an electric toothbrush - should I?

CityofFlight
19th Jan 2009, 23:10
Absolutely no need, Whirls, when proper (manual) technique will suffice! :ok: ;)

Beatriz Fontana
19th Jan 2009, 23:11
Oh Howard, what detail do you need? Solitary entertainment activity?

CoF, apparently 'tis so. Interchangable heads, so I'm told :eek:

Howard Hughes
19th Jan 2009, 23:17
(manual) technique
Solitary entertainment activity?
Got any pics? Or an instruction manual perhaps...:ooh:

So one needs an electric toothbrush in the absence of a cunning linguist?;)

CityofFlight
19th Jan 2009, 23:22
HH... one should never risk cross contamination. := Not to mention the risk of losing that minty fresh breath! :oh:

Howard Hughes
19th Jan 2009, 23:26
Due to the subtle colouring I almost missed this golden opportunity...
I don't own an electric toothbrush - should I?
See previous post about absence of cunning linguist!;)

Whirlygig
19th Jan 2009, 23:29
So which of these IS the preferred attachment ??? :eek:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/02/uk-kitchen/shops/Braun/8900_Width350_2.jpg

Cheers

Whirls

CityofFlight
19th Jan 2009, 23:34
Oh, goodness! I'm sure I don't know. For those who wear thongs, maybe it's the flossing one? :p

Howard Hughes
19th Jan 2009, 23:35
I don't see anything there that err... 'tickles my fancy' so to speak!:ooh:

What else ya got?;) (the big black font was purely accidental you realise):E

Radar66
19th Jan 2009, 23:40
ooh, I'm personally of the school of the 'ham fisted technique'... :\

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2606356/2/istockphoto_2606356_antique_toothbrush.jpg

Probably why I have never had a filling in my life.... :E

LAPIFC, SKOTAS...

CityofFlight
19th Jan 2009, 23:43
What else ya got?

An awkward case of gingervitis? :}

Alloa Akbar
19th Jan 2009, 23:43
Well in the absence of any other cunning linguist, I should chip in that I have THAT very brush whirls!! (I use it on my teeth - note for clarity)

Now, CofF you have my attention.. I'm all tongue tied..

CityofFlight
19th Jan 2009, 23:46
Ah, I see the Doctor is in!! I've never known you to be tongue tied. :p

Perhaps you've heard of the dual purpose item that Bea speaks of?

Radar66
19th Jan 2009, 23:50
Let me tell you about my friend E-Claire
Who would do anything for a dare
She was a right old mare
who would always lay her desperation bare
But her teeth were just a glare
despite her body's wear and tear....

CityofFlight
19th Jan 2009, 23:59
E-Claire? :p Never did like those.

Alloa Akbar
20th Jan 2009, 00:08
CofF you know perfectly well how quiet, reserved and respectable a gentleman of my calibre should behave.. And I see myself as an example thereof..

CityofFlight
20th Jan 2009, 00:16
No doubt, AA. ;) A true man of decorum, not to be swept up with inappropriate, gross, banter. (see post 34) No doubt some new discovery linked to amphibians? :p

Alloa Akbar
20th Jan 2009, 00:31
Amphibians indeed Ms CofF thank you for spotting the link, and helping me restore some class and intelligence to the proceedings!! :-)

Radar66
20th Jan 2009, 01:24
eh? but e-claires are JUST my thing - small, slim and full of fake cream... :O

Such a pity that they only give temporary and shallow relief though...

Whirlygig
20th Jan 2009, 07:53
Found this interesting device :} - click on the picture

http://designawards.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/glenn-toothpaste-dispenser.jpg (http://www.norskdesign.no/design-for-all/glenn-toothpaste-dispenser-article3359-448.html)

Cheers

Whirls

Howard Hughes
20th Jan 2009, 08:14
While you were looking for?;)

Beatriz Fontana
20th Jan 2009, 08:41
Blimey, that teaches me for having an early night for the first time this year!

And here's me requiring the height of ladylike behaviour today :cool:

Howard Hughes
20th Jan 2009, 09:00
Did you forget your toothbrush?:E

Beatriz Fontana
20th Jan 2009, 09:28
Oi, just because I suggest there is a secondary use for an electric toothbrush doesn't mean I partake in such an activity! I'm far too much of a lady!

And anyway, I've left mine on charge.

Howard Hughes
20th Jan 2009, 09:39
A secondary use? What like brushing your teeth?:E

Beatriz Fontana
20th Jan 2009, 09:53
Settle down, Howard. It's bad to have too much excitement so early in the day ;)

Now, I'm off for a nice cup of Earl Grey and a lie down...

Howard Hughes
20th Jan 2009, 10:28
It's 2130 here so I am just winding down...:E

unstable load
20th Jan 2009, 13:44
eh? but e-claires are JUST my thing - small, slim and full of fake cream... http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/embarass.gif

Such a pity that they only give temporary and shallow relief though...

Radar, those are the mini cocktail ones. The regular size gives one longer lasting satisfaction........ plus more cream...

coat,hat,byeee

B Fraser
20th Jan 2009, 20:12
The cream must contain a huge amount of calories as ladies can become extremely large. Best gargle and spit with Dr Akbar's efficatious preparation, I don't know if it gives you a ring of confidence though :ooh:

Beatriz Fontana
20th Jan 2009, 21:30
Or fresh, minty breath...?

Alloa Akbar
20th Jan 2009, 22:38
all of the above y'all.. I have a bit of a passion for Mojito's which has its benefits!!:ok:

CityofFlight
21st Jan 2009, 02:24
Yes, AA, Mojitos are a perfect dental rinse. And the mint sprigs might come in handy-- post toothpaste! :ok:

Alloa Akbar
21st Jan 2009, 04:53
That kind of talk will get you a spanking Miss CofF.

:-)

Beatriz Fontana
21st Jan 2009, 11:13
Ah, the Mojito. The opening cadence in a cocktail challenge night. Needed more than a sprig of mint to be resurrected the following morning.

It was the strawberry champagne wot did it, your honour.