PDA

View Full Version : Russian Avia Salon / MAKS 2009 & Monino Museum

theskyboy
17th Jan 2009, 09:10
Hello

A group of friends and I are travelling to Russia in August this year, we also want to go to the MAKS airshow and the Air Force Museum at Monino.

I'm really after any advice or tips you may have as much of the information on the internet seems contradictory. I am well aware that procedures and bureaucracy in Russia can alter things on an almost daily basis, however any personal experiences and dos and don'ts would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks,

tsb:ok:

olenka
12th Mar 2009, 13:46
hey theskyboy!

I am from Moscow, as I know this year MAKS will be from 18 to 23 of August
Here is the link to the aviasalon MAKS 2009:
- MAKS 2009 - Airshow and Aviasalon, Zhukovsky, Moscow (http://www.maks2009.com)

As for Monino its a cool museum, really deserves seeing! I think you should go there!

theskyboy
12th Mar 2009, 22:24
Hi

Thanks for the reply, any idea the best way to visit Monino. Do we need some sort of invitation or can we just turn up and buy tickets on the day?

tsb

olenka
13th Mar 2009, 00:22
no, in Monino unfortunately its not possible just to come and visit for foreign visitors, you need to have an RF attendant and the last one should send them a request in advance.
Thats why usually its easier to go with some organized group. Additionally you can save on taking one guide for the whole group.

Tomcat_69
19th Apr 2009, 22:11
Dear Olga,
We've planned to visit Moscow in August ( from 19th to 27th ) from France. We'll attend MAKS 2009 and would like to know the rate for 3 adults to visit Monino. Can you send me the details please (what is included or excluded ...) ? We've already booked the hotel around Rizhskiy Vokzal in Moscow. I speak russian (but not fluently) english and french of course, another person english and french and the last one just french.
I read that access to Monino is fairly difficult without a private car and foreigners must be accompanied by a russian citizen and get a visit pass to get in the museum, right ? Is it true or can we visit the museum by ourselves, do we need a mandatory guide ? We may arrive at Monino through the bus 322 or by train maybe, we don't know yet (how long do you think it takes to go from Prospekt mira in Moscow to Monino by bus or train please ?). How much is the entrance to the museum for each adult please and what're the opening hours for the visit please ?
Hence, I'd like to know if it's possible to go there with a driver ? I don't know what is included and not precisely. Maybe we could join a group with other people wanting to visit the museum on the same day, to lower the price.
Do you offer package for that visit in Monino and tickets to attend the MAKS airshow ?
Is it possible to combine visit to Monino and transportation from Moscow to MAKS also ?
Thank you in advance. You can contact me on my email : [email protected]

Huskers
19th Jun 2009, 20:05
Olenka,

Do you know of any 2009 MAKS guided tour packages in Moscow? I did find a few but they are in the UK.

Any information would helpful.

Thanks,

Craig Bunck