PDA

View Full Version : The Wiggles and Qantas video

FRQ Charlie Bravo
16th Jan 2009, 07:20
I have a two year old son so it's ok that I was watching this video.

YouTube - The Wiggles - Fly Through the Sky (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xv_DG_k9q2k)

FRQ CB

Wally Mk2
16th Jan 2009, 08:01
'FRQ' I'm still pi**ing myself laughing at hat one:D
The 'real' Capt looked like he had the best fun since he gained his wings, after that he's probably bored sh1tless with QF:}

p.s.......like hell ya got a 2 yr old so, I've got a 30 yr old son & i would have watched it even without him:E So does yr sone now want to become an airline pilot? If so show him a vid on how real aviation works, he'll become a wiggle instead & get paid a lot more, in fact I believe they (wiggles) are the highest paid entertainers here in oz, go figure! bring back FatCat:{

Wmk2

CDT Fu
16th Jan 2009, 08:53
Is there any particular reason why all the passengers are black? :hmm:

DanArcher
16th Jan 2009, 09:09
maybe they were brinh refugees from a war torn african country to oz with the promise of a new life..... well thats the only way I can think Qantas could get smiling pax :}

rmcdonal
16th Jan 2009, 10:41
How come I dont get a cool red uniform like that?

drunkensailor
16th Jan 2009, 19:32
Those birds aren't too harsh on the perve nerves.
Sadly I report this ditty will be in head all day now. :(

tinpis
16th Jan 2009, 20:38
Was that Keg? :rolleyes:

Keg
17th Jan 2009, 03:15
Lol. Far too tall and skinny for it to be me!

The story as I heard it was that one of our skippers (the one in the vid) had kids who loved the wiggles. He spoke to our people who spoke to the wiggles people and voila.

Wally Mk2
17th Jan 2009, 03:55
'keg'.......far to tall & skinny to be you'?..........hmmmmm, 'keg' fits then does it?:E. It is rather funny & quite catchy, perhaps we are all still kids & hence they are making zillions from that?:ok:Am gunna put that on my IPod, play it whilst flying, gunna make the old Beech rock I am:}
Funny you know I asked the twr just recently the same thing (request T/off etc after the seatbelt where done up) but there was a deafly silence:E
My kids are all grown up but loved the wiggles also when younger but I should have asked for the same Vid promo to be produced with my Co. Only trouble is there's never that much jocularity amongst the sick & dieing:sad:

Wmk2

airtags
17th Jan 2009, 09:44
bugger - mine are now teenagers so I must have missed that clip

shame really - we could have used it to give "wake up Geoff" a whole new meaning!

:E AT

PS: s'pose with some of the current QF issues there's still the opportunity for a few versus of 'hot potato hot potato'......................

werbil
17th Jan 2009, 10:34
I think I enjoyed it more than my 21 month old daughter.:ok::ok:

tinpis
17th Jan 2009, 10:43
If, as youngsters we were made to sit in front of a glass box and watch the Wiggles, after being dragged in from shooting rabbits , having gang fights with shanghais and acorns over push carts and canoes, we would have probably shot the said box and anyone that looked like the lame electronic child minding excrescence that they are

VisualApproach
17th Jan 2009, 13:22
I believe theres an adult version with Lisa Robertson & Ralph Fiennes

Sorry the devil made me do it :E

Keg
17th Jan 2009, 23:04
'keg'.......far to tall & skinny to be you'?..........hmmmmm, 'keg' fits then does it?

The genesis of my nickname has nothing to do with my drinking ability and everything to do with my build. Short and round....just like a Keg. :ok:

Wally Mk2
18th Jan 2009, 01:27
Yr a good sport there 'keg', I'll drink to that:ok:
'VA' ......more information plz:}

Wmk2

Happy Lapper
18th Jan 2009, 03:02
I think it was originally designed for cadet induction days

PyroTek
18th Jan 2009, 05:56
Come on, this is so much better than the boring safety briefings on QF flights.
I bet EVERYONE would watch it if it was that (or similar)
All the video needs is a bit more work, like "exits are here" etc.
How about it?!

:ok:Pyro

hoss
18th Jan 2009, 12:35
CDT Fu, i heard the reason for the african actors is the usual actors had an expired eba and were working to rule. apparently, blue wiggle talked to red wiggle and then they spoke to yellow wiggle who suggested they wake up jeff. after purple wiggle had woken up, he suggested visa 457 and wags and dorothy nodded in agreement. the only resistance came from captain feathersword initially, but he's feeling better now.

;)

Wally Mk2
19th Jan 2009, 03:53
'hoss' ya gotta cut that out mate, am too old to be p1ssing in my pants with laughter:ok:

Wmk2

p.s............'hoss'??? yr not from the Cartwright family are ya?:EThat'll throw ya if yr anything less than a 100 yrs old!

hoss
19th Jan 2009, 12:24
no worries mate, i'm glad you saw the funny side. for a while there i was getting worried that people may take me seriously here on pprune!

you got the family name correct;).