PDA

View Full Version : LHR - Lawyers celebrate

Saintsman
15th Jan 2009, 18:36
Heathrow to get a third runway BBC NEWS | Politics | Go-ahead for new Heathrow runway (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7829676.stm)

The lawyers will be dragging this one out for years. All the huggy fluffs will be up in arms and trying every obstruction they can think of to try and kill it.

And what will happen?

Billions of taxpayer money wasted because it'll eventually get the go ahead anyway. :hmm:

Beatriz Fontana
15th Jan 2009, 18:52
And what will happen?

The Tories win the next election and the plug gets pulled. They've been saying as much all day.

Parapunter
15th Jan 2009, 19:46
Can't say I'm hugely up on the politics of all this, but given a decent set of railway tracks into London (which I appreciate is a whopping ask in this country), the new Thames estuary airport seems to me a very good idea no?

I mean leave & arrive over the sea, so no nimbys, plentiful land, motorway network nearby etc. Seems a no brainer rather than chop another runway into the hellhole that is Heathrow??:confused:

BlueDiamond
15th Jan 2009, 21:26
The lawyers will be dragging this one out for years. All the huggy fluffs will be up in arms and trying every obstruction they can think of to try and kill it.
So it's the huggy fluffs who will be dragging it out ... and employing the lawyers to help them do it. Lawyers can not decide for themselves to hold up a project ... they are used by others to achieve that effect. Let's put the responsibility where it lies.

M.Mouse
15th Jan 2009, 22:48
I mean leave & arrive over the sea...

Just have to ask God to change the direction of the prevailing winds and the job is done. Not to mention the fuss caused by all the bunny shaggers creating about the environmental impact.

On second thoughts let's bin the whole idea and accelerate our decline into third world nation status.

Parapunter
15th Jan 2009, 22:51
I feel that is slightly unkind, especially since the prevailing wind is south westerly. :)

cockney steve
16th Jan 2009, 00:27
Not to mention the fuss caused by all the bunny shaggers

Soft southern poofs! Real men have sheep and goats (or so my best friend told me) ;)