PDA

View Full Version : Oman Air Employment - all you need to know about it (threads merged)

Pages : [1] 2

Aero-fleamarket
15th Jan 2009, 10:16
Any information about F/O position there?
Thank you for feeds back

kotakota
15th Jan 2009, 12:25
check the website Oman Air-001-Root (http://www.omanair.aero) careers section.

kotakota
15th Jan 2009, 12:27
Sorry , don't know what happens when you type the web address . I will type it without the www this time ok ?
omanair.aero

Seymour Skinner
19th Jan 2009, 19:52
Does anyone know when Oman Air are expecting to receive the first of the five A330s they have on order? I know it's supposed to be 2009 but is it imminent?

in FACT is
20th Jan 2009, 02:31
I heard lot's of expat from India were joined Oman Air, any different their management style and the airlines in India:) is it true that the Flight Ops. Director appointed a Fleet Captain on B737 then sack him down in few weeks, how stupid is he:confused:

in FACT is
21st Jan 2009, 03:42
duckknocker,
In fact is nothing stupid about sacking someone saying stupid racist remarks about the locals

I'm 100% agree my friend, the scotsman is stupid, but did you think the one who appointed him in that position, he is more "smart" than the scotsman:{ taking account he was informed by locals and expats about the scotsman, so what is the different of mangement with India,:ugh:

flying fijian
21st Jan 2009, 11:37
The winds of change are blowing my friend.....for the better!!

in FACT is
21st Jan 2009, 14:57
flying fijian, you believe that as long as the stupid man still there:\ no hope man, except MEMO TO PILOTS every weeks, I'm not there just 50 minutes away from MCT but got friends there, so I know the situation:= you have no choice just hope for the 330 to come

in FACT is
22nd Jan 2009, 11:44
sure it is in what year???:confused: 30...

in FACT is
24th Jan 2009, 02:23
interviews for fleet upgrades are about to start as well for those whos never fly widebody may hope this will start and it will be a mess:D:D:D

even guys who left are coming back are all the locals from Gulf Air back????????:=:=:=

its an all new oman air not the one you seem to talk about as long your stupid and thick face manager there don't hope for that,.... only MEMO's a lot of MEMO's for you:{:{:{

atpcliff
24th Jan 2009, 15:11
Hi!

I was interested in applying at Oman, but it looks like you need time in an ATR or 737.

I don't have time in either airplane. All my other CV credentials are very good (ATPL, 3000 Jet, 1100+ Jet PIC, etc.).

Should I bother applying, or is there a minimum requirement for time in the ATR/737???

Thanks!

cliff
KGRB

in FACT is
25th Jan 2009, 02:59
soresore
what did the DMO do to you!!!
nothing man at not to me just wait for you turn, like I explain before I'm only 50 minutes from MCT and have friends there, this is a forum and free to post, heard also that WY will try to find somebody who tell the true like that British FO, btw did you applied to FlyDubai???:ok:

in FACT is
26th Jan 2009, 15:20
what British FO are u on about?

rumour's are between the pilots al ready or you may ask your pilot association if you have one:ok: how bad is my english to compare with the america latin pilot's there?? we still level 4 just enought for flying not to colonialized other people:{

as for Fly Dubai will be taking a huge paycut moving there

still many are in Dubai last year for assesment SIM:ok:

DATEPALM
15th Feb 2009, 11:41
Hey SORESORE,

idont think you need to justify yourself to this bloke,....besides i think its great that they are try to discourage everyone from comming here,like you say the more that leave the better.We need more of the cool latinos and those great island boys instead .let everyone else go to FLY DUBAI,or will it be FLY ABU DHABI???

DP.

in FACT is
16th Feb 2009, 02:44
we have a pilots association which is probably the only one in the gulf

what can they do except to give the best parking place:\

anyway u are most welcome to join us in oman air

I believe you have no choice at your age, you better stay enjoy your night flight and the best roster, hope they will upgrade you to A330:ugh:

THRidle
17th Feb 2009, 10:51
I see Oman Air are looking for A330 drivers.

So, One question leaving out all the "attitude"

Is it a good company to work for ???.

Microlightlover
17th Feb 2009, 16:13
Well, as I uderstend the only 330 rated pilots thet they are looking for are the omanis at Gulf Air. The rest of the pilots are going to be promoted from the NG fleet wish is a fair reward for their loyalty to the company, many of the local pilots heare have WB experience from Gulf Air or WY 310s from other times. Besides its more easy and cheaper to look for NG pilots than 330s.

wunwinghi
17th Feb 2009, 16:18
Aaaah........HostyMosty, seems like you've got a big bunch of sour grapes hanging over your head!!!
And as for the pilot's committee not being recognised by anyone, it would seem that it was recognised enough to have a certain Scotsman kicked out for his unjustified lewd remarks!!:D
It would seem as far as being ripped apart in court and the worldwide press, that mate, you may be the one having SWEET DREAMS.:zzz:

in FACT is
18th Feb 2009, 03:13
I did get a 330 upgrade april to be precise but I think I'll go in Sept!!

ops good for you mate!!!:ok: that' better than C150 thats you used to be in your country:}, othewise you will die as pilot with no WB experience:\ only Oman Air will give this chance for non WB experience guys,:D I'm here with 398 tons MTOW so don't worry about me:ok:

Dubai still Dubai for expat pilot we still here got our salary but anyway better than MQ in Muscat, if you are expat:)

Shaman
18th Feb 2009, 08:31
How many layovers away from MCT could a 737 pilot expect each month?

Approximately how many "up all night flights" each month?

in FACT is
19th Feb 2009, 04:32
might get seconded to Fly Dubai.

FD doesn't take Commander from 398 t driver:ugh:

get your time at A330 than apply to big airlines they might consider you, or go back to your C150:{

honey737
19th Feb 2009, 21:44
Hi everyone,

Any chance to get more information about t&c in Oman Air on B737 for DEC.
And I would appreciate any information on the cost of living in Oman.

PM me if you can.

Thanks before hand.

shneidertrophy
19th Feb 2009, 21:53
Wohow! Oman Air is alive and kicking!

And the pilot forum is of an even lower standard than the Qatar Airways one! CONGRATULATIONS!:ugh:

Seymour Skinner
20th Feb 2009, 12:54
I would also like to add my name to the list of people trying in vain to get any sensible answers about life in Oman Air from this thread. Perhaps you ladies could take your handbag fights elsewhere on the off chance that a grown up may wish to post a useful reply?

Any idea when the first A330 is actually scheduled to arrive and how rapidly are the subsequent deliveries going to come? How much does it cost to live there (as someone has already asked) and why are they advertising both directly and also through agencies for these pilot positions? What's the difference? What are they like to work for, how much annual leave do you get and what staff travel deals do you get? Anything else we should know?

Thanks

evilatp
20th Feb 2009, 19:34
I too would like to hear some factual information regarding T&C. There are lots of folks out there just looking for steady work to support their families and Oman Air might be an option for them.

DATEPALM
22nd Feb 2009, 04:13
For all the folks wanting to find out about life in oman,all i can say is,its a great place for family .Cost of living is alot cheaper than most other gulf states,not much in terms of nightlife but we have a few little spots that will quench your thirst and fill up your tummy with great eats.As for Oman Air,flying is great,not too many layovers to look forward to if thats what you are after.Probably spend two nights away from home every month and flying hours vary from between 45 to 70 hrs a month more in some cases.Most of the flights are to India in the middle of the night and you could expect to get up to 4 or 5 a month.
More new destinations comming up with the itroduction of the new NG's to the fleet as well as the A330's in a few months.
All in all its a great little place to be,and the money is not too bad..

Hope this helps guys and gals...

DP

747fanatic
23rd Feb 2009, 05:25
Anyone invited for an assessment recently?
Is Oman considering efis time?

Shaman
23rd Feb 2009, 07:12
Datepalm,

Thank you very much for giving us an idea of life with Oman Air.

Dragon 83
23rd Feb 2009, 08:23
Does anyone have any info again re: A330 hire there? Would be very interested as I hear Muscat one of the best Mid East locations.

Thanks

honey737
28th Feb 2009, 19:54
Thanks Datepalm,

Is it possible to throw some figures in. How much for 45-70 hours of flying you would expect to get a month. What are the other benefits you get( house, schools, etc).

thanks once again

B-737
1st Mar 2009, 23:34
Hello
How many hours on type they require for a FO position on the 737?
Thanks

Ali Baba
2nd Mar 2009, 19:44
HEHEHE,No french please,omanis bit racist dont like french only english blondees

B-737
3rd Mar 2009, 02:30
Hehe i'm not french and i'm a man so don't worry lol but i appreciate your sense of humour :ok:
Can someone please give me an answer?
Thanks

riccardopomo
4th Mar 2009, 11:49
Hi, I'm an unemployed ATR rated pilot, and I wish to have some info on ATR job in Omanair such as roster, payment, leave, general working condition, and so on. Is there someone who can help???

K.Whyjelly
5th Mar 2009, 19:29
Tried to fill in the on line application form but it doesn't do what it asks you to do. Any body got a bit of time in between flights to look up the e-mail of the DFO or CP?

Thanks for any help.

Artisan
5th Mar 2009, 21:56
Hi,

Can someone post the Oman Air B737 Captain salary package please?

Thanks in anticipation.

Scube3
9th Mar 2009, 16:17
737 Captain
3550 RO plus 575 RO for housing plus and average of 300 RO allowance.

1RO= $2.6

These numbers are not exact but pretty close.

ATR.

It seems that they are only hiring F.O's. They fill all their captain slots. Not sure about the pay.

Also to be an F.O. for the 737 you need 750 hours on type but it can change any time depending on demand. You need NG time but I don't know how much.

The English and American schools are expensive here. Even though the company pays 75% of the school, you still have to pay another 200RO extra per month (estimate) per child. The schools seem to be top of the line from what I heard.

The company also gives you health insurance, lost of medical insurance (new), bonus when leaving company, 42 days of vacations a year, one airline ticket for you and the rest of your family to your country of origin, agreements with many airlines to fly, 4000RO in furniture money* and provide dry cleaning to uniforms. I might forgot something in any case feel free to add...

*Furniture money is giving as a 5 year loan. If your stay in the company for 5 years the furniture is yours. If not for every year you have been discount 20% of the total.

Muscat for being a place in the middle east, is not so bad. I could say is a pleasant place to live but you have to understand that this is the middle east and the culture here is very different from other countries. People are nice and the city has a good geographical location.

Scube.

S.F.L.Y
9th Mar 2009, 16:30
I'd be pretty much interested in an ATR FO position but can't get any update on my application, is there any chance i can get updated through a phone call, if yes whom should I ask to talk to?
Thank you for the help.

Alexair
9th Mar 2009, 16:58
Hello guys,

Just spoke in person to the head of the ATR 72 division last week.

Requirement are quite very simple: 1000h on type for a first officer position!! Was hard to believe when I heard that but that's the fact guys...

Another hint: They are expecting some Embraer 190 to join the fleet so they are going to look for type rated Emb190 drivers pretty soon...

Good luck y'all...

Alex

S.F.L.Y
9th Mar 2009, 17:52
1000 hrs on ATR for FO? :suspect: Now I understand what they meant by pilot shortage...

wunwinghi
9th Mar 2009, 19:29
Well there are no ATR 72's in Oman Air..........and as for the Embraer's...........that rumour has been around for a while.....and dare I say will continue on for quite a while!:ok:

S.F.L.Y
9th Mar 2009, 19:36
Well there are no ATR 72's in Oman Air.
That's funny because Peter Hill (Oman Air's CEO) said they have 2 ATR-500 last week during the Aviation Outlook summit in Abu Dhabi... maybe you should inform him :bored:

wunwinghi
9th Mar 2009, 19:54
ok, I'll say it again..............there are no ATR72's in Oman Air..........they do have ATR 42-500'S! and I dare say the CEO is aware of that!

S.F.L.Y
9th Mar 2009, 20:31
Sorry, I've read you too fast... :uhoh:

Artisan
9th Mar 2009, 23:42
Thanks for posting the package Scube.

It seems that an Oman Air B737 Captain is on less money than
a FlyDubai FO.

1 OMR = 9.55484 AED

Oman Air B737 CA: 4,425 OMR = 42,280 AED

FlyDubai B737 CA: 57,000 AED
FlyDubai B737 FO: 43,000 AED

Oman is a better place to live than Dubai and the career upside at Oman Air is better (A330 and B787). But the money doesn’t stack up very well.

daisy120
10th Mar 2009, 07:08
What's the cash like, monthly for skippers and any idea on the tax situation in Oman...for 330 drivers???

wunwinghi
10th Mar 2009, 07:47
Well at this stage it seems there is going to be no difference in the pay scale, as to wether you're on the widebody or narrowbody.
so basically for skippers it stacks up like this :
basic : OMR 2422
supplementary : OMR 959
pilot allowance : OMR 182
utilities : OMR 50

And then there are your duty allowances :

hrs 1-50 : OMR 1 per hour
hrs 51 -100 : OMR 4 per hour
hrs 101 - 120 : OMR 9 per hour
hrs 121 - 140 : OMR 14 per hour
hrs above 141 : OMR 18 per hour

And you can bank on an average of 100 hrs duty per month. However, having seen the summer schedule beginning the 29th of March, it seems like there is going to be plenty of flying, so that average may well be above 100hrs duty per month!!

Housing allowance at the moment is OMR 575, which is under review at the moment...........and 75% of school fees paid for by Oman Air, on production of school receipts.

Annual leave of 46 days taken in two blocks of 23......however with a swap of leave you can actually take the full 46 days, if you're lucky enough to get a swap. Then there is the usual 7-9 days of public holidays that you end up getting aswell.

Hope that clarifies the situation somewhat for most of you!!!

S.F.L.Y
10th Mar 2009, 09:23
Any idea of why they have such high ATR time requirements ? Is there really no negotiation room ? Who would be the person in charge to discuss this topic with ?
Thank you

wunwinghi
10th Mar 2009, 11:01
The reason for the high ATR time requirements, is due to the fact that the ATR's are predominantly used exclusively for the Occidental Group. As this is the case they have their own requirements as to the experience of the crew flying their workforce around the desert. The ATR does do one domestic flight, up to the northern part of Mussandam, to a place called Khasab, i believe 3 or 4 times a week, the remainder of the flights are into the desert strips for Occidental.

Scube3
10th Mar 2009, 17:43
FlyDubai make more money? If what you are interested is in wealth hear this:

Is not how much money you make on your paycheck but how much can you afford with your paycheck....and Dubai is soooo much more expensive compare to Muscat...

In my opinion, an Oman Air CAPTAIN should be able to afford the same or a better lifestyle and save more money...

Scube.

wunwinghi
10th Mar 2009, 18:29
Well in my humble opinion an Oman Air Captain CAN (not should) afford a better lifestyle and believe you me CAN save more money!!!!!:p:ok:

kotakota
10th Mar 2009, 20:56
Hear , hear !!
The only crippler here is the school fees , otherwise life is very good.

kotakota
10th Mar 2009, 21:06
By the way , if Omanair DO go down the Embraer route , there are already quite a few crew here ( currently on NG ) who have extensive experience on them .
If you like a home-life with few nightstops , then it will be the fleet to be on .

honey737
11th Mar 2009, 00:10
Great informatiion, thanks.

A couple of question:

How much would you spend on education for an 8 year old?

What can you rent for 575RO and how far from airport, do you need the car toget to the office or you get piked up?

how about medical insurance

thanks

wunwinghi
11th Mar 2009, 08:50
For an 8 year old at the British School you're looking at term fees of OMR 1100 per term for the 2008/09 academic year (3 terms). Oman Air will pay you 75% of the fees, or should i say reimburse you 75%, upto a maximum of OMR 2500 per child per year. so you can do the math!! The ABA not too sure about, but the private schools are pretty much similar in their school fees. Oh, and expect to pay a one-off non-refundable entry fee of OMR 1250 per child, which will NOT be reimbursed!:{
OMR 575 will get you a decent apartment, or a half decent villa near the airport side, but to come nearer into town and in a good location, expect to pay upwards of OMR 800 per month for a decent villa.
Transport is your own responsibility. However while you are in the hotel, as they sort out accomodation for you, you can expect to be picked up and dropped of, but when you get your own place, you're on your own!:(

Dragon 83
11th Mar 2009, 10:09
Having difficulty completing application on their website. Can you please provide contact there where I could send CV directly, ie CP or Recruitment Mgr?

Thanks.

latetonite
11th Mar 2009, 11:37
Borrow a copy of Flight International. All details in there. Ad from March 3rd.

laki737
11th Mar 2009, 19:16
Send ur CV to:

/*/Michelle Pereira/*/

/*/Oman/*//*/ Air - Flight Operations/*/

/*/P.O.Box/*//*/ 58/*//*/, P.C 111/*/

/*/C.P.O, Seeb/*/

/*/Sultanate of Oman/*/

/*/Tel: 00968 24518187/*/

/*/Fax: 00968 24522243/*/

/*/Email:/*/ [email protected] /*/

Good Luck and God Speed :ok:

trans-gulf
12th Mar 2009, 05:31
Dear Wunwinghi - and all others,

Would you be able to tell me where (areas near-ish) the airport you would be able to find decet accommodation for around OR 600?
I don't nead a palace, but a small villa or large apartment would be nice.
I have looked on the web, and the few real estate agencies I could find have nothing (anywhere) for below OR 1000. That seems rather steep!

So, any ideas where to look? Names, numbers websites of agents or other contacts?
Google maps (from what is recognizable) shows an area called Heil/Hail that seems decent... Your thoughts?

Also, from what I understand it seems to be the custom in Oman to pay A WHOLE YEAR'S rent IN ADVANCE? How is tis handled? Do people really have 10, 12 thousand Rials just sitting there to pay up????

Any info would be very welcome.

Thank you, all

wunwinghi
12th Mar 2009, 07:34
Trans-Gulf, you can get accomodation near the airport and decent accomodation at that for around OMR 600. the area you mentioned was Al-Hail and you also have Mawahla and Seeb. The best bet it seems at the moment is to actually drive around the areas and ring the numbers that the landlords have outside the vacant buildings. A lot of the landlords seem to shun the letting agencies, and rent themselves.
As for the yearly rental, Oman Air only pay 6 months in advance, however they do take out a yearly contract. And judging by the way its going at the moment the landlords seem happy with that, simply because they know that the rental is coming from a company and not an individual.
I dare say if you were to take the housing allowance off Oman Air and rent yourself, you would probably have to fork out a year's advance!

trans-gulf
12th Mar 2009, 09:56
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated!

wunwinghi
12th Mar 2009, 14:30
no revisions..........as was posted earlier, still stands!

whoateallthepies
13th Mar 2009, 08:29
hostymosty

the first function of investigitive journalism is (first...to learn to spell correctly).
investigative ??

And how about Indeed your correct
you're ??

Also Thank you all for your forebearence
forbearance ??

Hope you were a better trolley-dolly than you are a journalist! http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m412/omanjohn/2637784011.jpg

mompi
13th Mar 2009, 17:42
Hi
By the way: Do you get a good highspeed internet connection in Oman?
(And how long did it take from application until it was set up)
Thanks

kotakota
13th Mar 2009, 21:14
Mompi - you cannot be serious .........
internet speeds are reasonable not cutting edge...

227driver
14th Mar 2009, 02:50
330 F/O.

Does anyone know if they would consider a rated and current pilot with less than 1000 hours on type? Say around the 600-700 hour range or are their requirements set in stone?

Total time is almost 5000 with over half being greater than 12500.

DATEPALM
18th Mar 2009, 04:35
Honey 737,

The pay here depends on the total duty hours you do and not the block flight time,so on average you would be doing close to 100-120 duty hours a month,
last time i checked the duty pay was as follows:
0 - 50hrs--1ro/hr
50 - 100 hrs-- 4 ro/hr
100-120 hrs--9 ro/hr
120-140hrs--14ro/hr
140--above--18ro/hr
dont know what f/o salary is but capts:

Basic 2442 ro
supp 959 ro
housing 575 ro
utilities 80 ro
plus education 75% reimbursed or up 2500ro maximum,depending on childrens age and grade of education.
Hope the figures help.

DP.

honey737
18th Mar 2009, 09:35
Thank you very much for information it does help.

Don't want to sound stupid, but. Fly pay as you put it, let say you did 110 duty time, you get for first 50*1ro, next 50*4, and 10*9 =340ro or you take whatever rate is for that time is like 110*9=990ro?
Does make a big difference. And is it on top of what you put in:

Basic 2442 ro
supp 959 ro
housing 575 ro
utilities 80 ro

Now we will sit and wait for them to call me for screening.

Any infor on what you can expect during interview any tips.

Thanks

300-600
19th Mar 2009, 07:45
Guys,

I am looking very closely at Oman Air and quite like the look of what I see. The answers various people have provided have been most useful in getting this far.

I have several specific questions and if people can make time to answer one or more I would be most grateful.

1 - Is the holiday entitlement 42 or 46 days...plus approx 8 public holidays (or are these 8 built in to the 40 odd).

2 - Is there full health insurance for you and your dependants (some provide 100% for you and partial cover for your family).

3 - Any idea about the waiting times for secondary schools.

4 - Is there any higher education allowance (college) for 16 to 18 year olds.

5 - What would be a typical monthly cost for utilities (Air conditioning / water etc).

6 - Are the fees for higher education similar to those already quoted for junior schools.

7 - Someone mentioned a "decent" villa for 800 OMR....is this a four bed villa ..any links which might give me a better idea of what to expect.

8 - Any idea about the interview process?

9 - What are the bonding arrangements for type rated guys and girls?

10 - Is there a law in Oman similar to UAE where, when you eventually leave, you are get 21 days pay for every year you work for the company?

Thanks in advance.

DATEPALM
20th Mar 2009, 06:23
Honey 737,
yep flight pay calculated in stages as per your first calculations and not the second.
Interview process differs,depending on who you get,but sim is pretty standard from experience,visual circuts,S/E airwork and ILS,intercepting radials and normally all the things covered in a standard base check.
all the best...

747fanatic
20th Mar 2009, 06:37
Did anyone get a call?

Beeroclock
20th Mar 2009, 06:50
The website to apply doesnt work correctly,well i couldnt get it to work?? I have sent emails with the cv to the address listed on this forum but heard nothing.I only have just over a thousand on the Ng so maybe plenty more experienced guys have applied.Good luck to all though fingers crossed this financial crisis will leave as quick as it arrived and the airlines once again will be trying to poach pilots from each other!!:ok:

Miss Creant
20th Mar 2009, 09:35
Hey Guys, It won't be a call, if successful (initial screening) you should have an e-mail next week. You will have to fill in a form and return it pronto as Oman Air need drivers to replace those on upgrade courses. BTW it is weekend here today...so next week starts on Saturday 21 (you will have to get used to that).

mary mary
20th Mar 2009, 13:52
Would really appreciate any info on which areas expat staff with kids in school live? The school's seem mainly to be in the MQ or Qurm areas. Do staff tend to gravitate towards those areas?

BBJGuy
20th Mar 2009, 13:54
Miss Creant, Hiya, any idea where the sim evals will be held? Any chance of getting one here in Dubai?
Funny thing, seems that after I completed the Oman Air online aplication a few months ago, I have been contacted in the last couple of days by a couple of different recruiting agencies, 1 of which just guranteed me a screening slot in Gatwick as long as I agree to pay them $6,000. Do these guys have access to the Oman Air online app database?
Curious as to what's up with this? :confused:

uhtsky
21st Mar 2009, 08:49
I've just got an email directly from Oman Air.
Don't pay anybody for the interview/sim, I'm sure it's a fraud.

UHT sky

latetonite
21st Mar 2009, 15:39
BBJGuy,

You can`t be real...

mary mary
22nd Mar 2009, 22:29
Dear Wunwinghi,

Your information given to date is very useful. Would you be able to advise how much one would expect to pay rent per month in an area closeby the foreign schools such as MQ? Or whether there are any other areas popular with families with kids in the 10-12 year age range and where rents are reasonable?

Artisan
23rd Mar 2009, 05:17
Is it possible to live in Oman on less than OMR 1968.00 per month? That includes all living expenses i.e. Rent(Nice 3 bed Villa or Apartment), Utilities, Food, Insurance, Vehicle, Entertainment etc?.

Anyone interviewing in April?

vandahum
23rd Mar 2009, 07:34
Aba school fees 1035 OMR per term for an 8 year old 3 terms a year. going up by5% in September.

Oman Air reimburse 75% upto a limit of 2200 OMR(not 2500) Per Child Per year upto grade 5. Ther is also an unrefundable buildings fee on starting of 1500 OMR non refundable Oman Air says it will refund registration feesm As the school call the Buildings fee a buildings fee they will not refund it!!! you have to pay the school fees yourself and then the company will refund you, so every few months (3) you have to find the cash to pay the fees not always easy.

vandahum
23rd Mar 2009, 07:44
Oman air pay FO's 350 a month housing and 575 OMR to Capt's The rents have dropped a little but very little at this time. Depending on what standard of housing your looking 4. Three bedroom villa's are going for on average around 1300 OMR a month. The CEO was going to get a better allowance for housing nothing yet and about 4 months and counting no feedback which is standard.

vandahum
23rd Mar 2009, 07:51
Rents near the schools around MQ Shatti are high if you live in Al Hail Mawaleh and kids school at British school or ABA and do after school activities such as swimming football anything really you could eaily be looking at driving six hours a day. The roads are dangerous lots of accidents.

wunwinghi
23rd Mar 2009, 08:09
Vandahum.......I think you'll find Oman Air will reimburse you 75% of your fees upto a maximum of OMR 1800 per child upto grade 5, OMR 2500 maximum grade 6 - 9, and maximum OMR 3200 grade 10 - 13.

vandahum
24th Mar 2009, 07:17
Hi no that was changed ref e-mail sent on 2/12/08 (education of children --Expatriates)from 1800 upto 2200 can't open the e-mail attachment just now to double check. sure thats what it said.

in FACT is
26th Mar 2009, 02:15
this is far better pilot standard than the circus management in WY:\, FD management is Airline experience pilots standard:ok:

Ok, I found my tie, put a knot in it (remembered to speak to the boss) and here goes wrt that link for those looking to apply to FD:

https://flydubai.valuemanage.com/PilotApplication.aspxNb. The criteria we're looking for is as follows:

Captains:

B737-300-900 Type Rating is required
A minimum of 5,000 hours total flying time
A minimum of 500 hours in command in B737 type aircraft - with preference given to B737NG command time
A minimum of 1,500 hours in command of a multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft (jet or turboprop) in excess of 10 tonnes
ICAO ATPL
1st Class Medical
English language fluency ICAO level 4 or above
Actively seeking Captains with training experience, i.e., B737NG TRI/TRE/Standards Captain. A solid background in B737NG training would be highly advantageous
Actively seeking Captains with airline senior management experience
First Officers:
A minimum of 2,500 hours total flying time
500 or greater hours in command of a multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft (jet or turboprop) in excess of 10 tonnes
Significant experience in B737EFIS/NG may be considered in lieu of 500 hours PIC requirement
ICAO ATPL
1st Class Medical
English language fluency ICAO level 4 or above
Preference given to pilots with B737-300-900 Type ratingAside - We were waiting for FD's IT/Systems department to put this link on the main company website but, in the interim - as we're only too well aware that it's tough times out there for many and being keen to help - we've decided to put-up this link so that those wishing to apply may do so (wherein, behind the scenes, it all points at the same database regardless of the URL you get to it via).http://static.pprune.org/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

gdukkoq
26th Mar 2009, 17:35
I have more than 1100hrs on ATR with 2400 TT Full ATPL, desperatly trying to get one feet at Oman Air, but I have applied online 2 weeks ago with no response, I have also send an email to Michelle, but can anyone could help me on getting an interview with them :ok:

Thanks

Damianik
26th Mar 2009, 20:47
Thanks for the link, but at the end of the procedure, it give error of datetime and send me to hell...
is there anybody else with same problem?
d

gdukkoq
26th Mar 2009, 21:05
Had some troubles too 2 weeks ago with internet explorer, then I switched to Firefox and problem was solve. But maybe it is not the same problem you have because I didn't get an error message, just pure computer bug.

gdukkoq
27th Mar 2009, 11:32
I have try to get in touch with Michelle but without success... Got an other contact ? :confused:

airtractor
27th Mar 2009, 16:40
I did my sim eval 3 weeks ago in BKK then the interview in Muscat for the ATR F/O position. (1200hrs on ATR and 4200 TT)
My understanding is that they are not looking for anymore ATR crews at this time, there is a very high probability that the ATR's will be gone soon...
I was very impressed by the city and how friendly people are. It feels like this country/cpy is about the experience massiv growth, Inch'Allah!

cheers

Damianik
28th Mar 2009, 12:36
Hey,
i also applied to Oman via Betts initially and directly afterwards,but i experienced bugs with computer. Could i get PM or pubblic address for sending my Cv? I am B737NG FO 3000hrs

thanks

necessity
6th Apr 2009, 08:30
Hi Gents, I would like to know is it any chance to be considered as a A330 F/O without A330 time, only A320.

Tnx!

mac76
6th Apr 2009, 08:46
i have 1200 hrs on a320 in the right seat ,is there a:ok:ny chance for applying later in the year perhaps?also have 6800 hrs on turbo props above 20 tonnes is that any help??
thanks for any comments guys

B737-3-9
7th Apr 2009, 12:00
does anybody knows how long does WY takes to reply ?

in FACT is
7th Apr 2009, 16:04
Beside, all info regarding salary in Oman Air, news just came in that, everybody have to pay 60,- Omani Rial for each simulator season in Dubai, and in the salary slip it will written miscellaneous:}, or we should say ridiculous, vandahum and soresore please confirm this:\

Giv
7th Apr 2009, 19:42
i've just joined WY..finished my sim couple of weeks ago & there were no money been taken from my.. it's totally different than low fare airlines where u have pay for everthing

in FACT is
8th Apr 2009, 06:03
Hi Giv, new guy you just joint so still exited, why don'y you ask someone already more than one years in the company, so while you new guys just seat back and relax you will have surprise to come, dont worry:ok:

Giv
8th Apr 2009, 09:02
Hi Giv, new guy you just joint so still exited, why don'y you ask someone already more than one years in the company, so while you new guys just seat back and relax you will have surprise to come, dont worryhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif Yesterday 23:42

Why cann't u let go it seems u were here b4 & u cann't let it go... enjoy whatever u doing now & let us enjoy our new job

joannemj
8th Apr 2009, 13:51
Would Love To Know Are You Single? Looking For A Toyboy. Lived In Oman For Ten Wonderful Years Lovely People And Country Not Like Dubai. Ameera X

joannemj
8th Apr 2009, 13:56
Enjoy Oman I Lived There For Ten Years. Spent A Lot Of Time At The Intercon Hotel Happy Days. Ex Bma Cabin Crew Happy Days. I Am Sure It Has Changed A Lot Would Love To Visit Sometime. Ameera X

mary mary
8th Apr 2009, 17:59
Can anyone comment on the Royal Flight School and how good is (or isn't) it? I believe it's close to the airport where accommodation is much more affordable than the areas close to the British School?

Is the Royal Flight School open to crew joining Oman Air, and does it have a secondary as well as primary level?

All info gratefully received.

Blown Seal
16th Apr 2009, 01:48
Would someone mind posting the B737-8 First Officer conditions please?

in FACT is
20th Apr 2009, 06:13
on top of all information regarding salary with Oman Air, you have to paid 200,- RO for Omani license it is not mention in the contract:confused:, no matter you license are, and read carrefully for your furniture money before you are in trouble it is about 4.000,- RO, :yuk:and some tricky things in the contract, remember the company is not running by the pilots or ex pilot it is running by the HRD so don't expect you'r joining an airline:}

vandahum
23rd Apr 2009, 12:43
RFS Is reportedly a good school only primary level. Housing nearby not that much cheaper if at all around the area you can get the odd deal 3 bedroom 700 - 800 OMR most are advertised at 1000 and up more up than less if that makes sense ,no rhyme or reason some are good some are not will still be advertised at the same price. landlords especially will promise anything and everything to get u to take it then do absolutly nothing.

mary mary
27th Apr 2009, 14:53
Many thanks for that vandahum

chrislikesblue
27th Apr 2009, 23:46
According to their advertisement the first officer requirements on the B737 is 750 hours on type!
Would they consider someone with less experience,have they hired anyone with less time on type,anyone knows?

wunwinghi
28th Apr 2009, 17:39
A simple answer to your question is YES. We have guys here at the moment who have been recruited with well below the 750 hrs requirement.
But then again it all boils down to the old addage of supply and demand. When these guys came in, there was a shortage of guys all over and Oman Air needed guys desperately. The need is still there at the moment, however there are plenty of NG F/O's around with plenty of time on time, so I suppose WY can at this moment in time pick and choose!!!!

B737-3-9
8th May 2009, 11:37
hi guys & gals,

anyone out there mind to share their interview experience with oman air such as, sim profile, interview q's, process ad so on ?

many thanks,

B737-3-9

Farrell
9th May 2009, 06:59
Just to add to the recent comments about rental prices.
Anyone paying 800 rats for a three-bedroomed villa is out of their mind.
The local landlords will prey on newbies in Oman who are desperate to get a roof over their heads because they are on a time-limit to find a place.

Are they still putting new hires up in the apartments at Bowsher?

Remember that all of these prices you see on the boards at Al Fair and Sultan Centre are negotiable. DO NOT go through a management company. They will shaft you.
Get in the car, drive around and look for the RENT signs. Do not tell them that you have just arrived for God's sake. Just that you are thinking about moving. That gives you the option of balking at the asking price and driving it down.

There are three and four bedroomed villas now available in Al Mawaleh, Al Hail and Al Khoud - all a ten minute drive from the airport for about 500 rials max.

You just have to go out there, find a private landlord, act like you have been here a while, knock at least 30% off the asking price and be willing to walk away.
And just to add......landlords will usually try and sort stuff out if there is a problem, but remember, the pace of life is a lot slower here and you will have to badger. Quote: "If he doesn't phone me at least once a day, then it cannot be that much of an issue for him."

The glory days of the last two years have ground to a halt. Rental prices have plummeted on the local market and the only way of making even a small profit is to rent to expats. There is no way that they will get the asking price from a local who would just tell them to go and stuff it for that money.

There are lots of houses available now, lots of folks have moved on to AUH and DXB and DOH etc, leaving villas empty and landlords scrambling to fill them, while at the same time trying to catch the new hires as early as possible before word spreads that last year's 1000 rat villa is now only worth 500 - talk to your local colleagues - they will tell you what the real going rates are.

Right....I'm off to get samosas.

in FACT is
9th May 2009, 12:48
Latest news on the 6,7,8 to 9 May 98% candidate's are fail in their interview before the SIM with the Manager Flight Training (who's got his command at Oman Air, no other experience):confused:

Reason : not in Oman Air standard :ugh:

Question : how high is Oman Air standard:E

the best in the region compare to EMIRATES or ETIHAD or GULF AIR????????????

Nevrekar
10th May 2009, 23:26
Interviewed back in October 2008 and was hired but have yet to join. Interview was very relaxed. All three of us (2 Capts & 1 F/O) were hired.
They do ask you about your ability to work and live in the ME with your family. In my case, I spent almost a decade there previously and so it was a non-issue. Hope to join them next year if there are still slots.

in FACT is
11th May 2009, 09:43
Navrekar,
Interviewed back in October 2008, yes it was relax so what heard but since month ago they are been some change there, hey what about your favorite place India and the Spice Jet ???:\, some of Spice expat and the Chief Pilot it self are already joined :ugh:

Nevrekar
11th May 2009, 11:45
Spicejet still remains a good place to work. I reported and continue to report on the airline when I have time. I have no vested interest in "packaging" the airline in a positive light. What's good is good and the rest is reported as well. Guilty as charged.Ofcourse, I realize that my experience may not mirrror everyone else's. Yes, there was a change in management and a few folks including our EVP left to join Oman Air as SMLO (Senior Manager Line Operations). He was previously with Oman Air before Spicejet and set up many of the training programs there. The rest of the details, you will have to ask him. Spicejet is doing better than most other airlines here in India. There is even talk of acquiring another airline in the future and some international operations in 2010.

I knew when I came here that my tenure would be around 3-5 years maximum. I have completed 2 years, and been renewed for another year. So no big surprise. The DGCA wants us out by July 2010 and it will probably happen. Oman Air was a great opportunity in October 2008, and I would have taken it had it not been for a major illness in my family (cancer). Spicejet offers very flexible On/Off times and so until this family member has their treatment completed I decided to stay on in India. Oman Air was understanding of my situation. When the time comes, I hope to join WY if there are still openings. If not, then I will be happy to pursue other opportunities.

Best wishes.

Flying_Distrails
11th May 2009, 13:21
Hi guys,

Looks like i came in too late to get to this round of interviews. does anyone here know when the next interviews are being held for B737NG Pilots?

Gracie

kotakota
15th May 2009, 05:34
Absolutely NO chance of 'commuting' I am afraid , an absolute Maximum of 8days off is the norm . There is no distinction in rostering between nationals or expats. If you need to commute then it is Korean Airlines for you !

in FACT is
15th May 2009, 10:11
What's good is good and the rest is reported as well

the same with me, and I'm not with WY to ask and meet your ex. EVP:}

laki737
15th May 2009, 10:25
Does anyone knows the dates of next interviews with Oman Air?

Cheers

m.s.r.l.p.
16th May 2009, 14:23
Any news on A330 recruitment ???

in FACT is
16th May 2009, 18:31
They are looking for new Manager for the Flight Operation, hopefully they will change them who's not capable:ok:

menikos
18th May 2009, 11:36
Hi,

just to be more precise regarding the B737NG process.

Thanks for the help :ok:

wunwinghi
18th May 2009, 14:27
Look guys I know a lot has been said on this thread, re- the good, the bad and the ugly of Oman Air. Be it for better or for worse, but I believe a lot of the negative has been from outsiders, who perhaps dont have the full handle on the situation in WY itself!!!

Anyhow, for the genuinely interested guys and gals, its basically down to the following:

The interview process is straight forward. Personal questions as to work experience, family life, how you'd adapt to life in the ME, more importantly how would YOUR spouse adapt!!! They are basically looking for competent air crew who are not "mavericks", who wanna come in and change the company "for the better", rather people who will do the job they're getting paid for and go home and enjoy life and Muscat!!:ok:

Technical questions are from the limitations section in VOL1, recall items from QRH, and some questions from FCTM.

Simulator, visual circuit, just to ease you in, then an engine failure at or above V1, followed by an approach, missed approach and vectors back to land. Thats it!!!
If there is time on hand, skippers who have performed well, may getan A/C Transfer bus failure or BAT Bus failure to see how they perform under pressure.........

Good luck to all...................:D

in FACT is
19th May 2009, 02:33
wunwinghi,

seem that's you are accepted to joint WY and very happy with the roster in WY,

air crew who are not "mavericks", it desparate air crew should you says who's to like joint WY like ex. Jet Airways pilots, Spice Jet pilots and those Panamanian's, and the Eastern Europe pilot with their fake licences of course the Fijian and all those who's failed at FlyDubai:{

wunwinghi
19th May 2009, 04:10
duckknocker......I agree with you 100%, well said.......
in FACT is, some people are trying to get some serious answers on this thread, so get a life and get with with it..........wouldn't surprise me one little bit, if you're the one with a fake licence and have failed at Fly Dubai!!! Mind you thats if you have a licence at all;)

in FACT is
19th May 2009, 04:29
failed at Fly Dubai!!! Mind you thats if you have a licence at all

well I'll see in WY then with my licence, thank you I passed:{

in FACT is
19th May 2009, 14:17
In fact is are you frustrated with life

maybe YES......maybe NOT how about you????:confused: but for sure I'm not an Instructor with 500 hrs in command, with that hours where can I go??:{ even as Line Captain, but chance for that only with your WY:ok:

laki737
20th May 2009, 04:29
I have been invited to attend sim in DXB on June 11th by someone called Jawhara Al-Bahri, Sr. Officer(Planning and Sourcing) from Oman Air. Has anyone been contacted by this person before? Anyway, is it he or she? Thank You

hawkeyecheck
20th May 2009, 04:39
i worl as a tech in a lcc in india...n i saw my future getting grounded..i havent been given the approved course in a320 this time... can anybody tell me wts the status in oman air...:ouch:

chrislikesblue
20th May 2009, 08:28
Laki737 do you have much time on type?(im trying to get an idea of what kind of experience they require)
I wish u all the best at the sim,i hope u make it!

in FACT is
20th May 2009, 09:34
duckknocker,

thank's for that, I'll come for sure and you be there just want to ask your feel being instructed by a golden boy Captain with not even 500 hrs in command:ugh:

uhtsky
20th May 2009, 13:34
She
HR - Recruitment

laki737
20th May 2009, 20:35
As U may know, min req on type is 750hrs(that's what it says on their web). My experience on type is 1500hrs. I hope I'll make it on sim.

Godspeed

latetonite
23rd May 2009, 06:43
The problem is that you might not be able to solve the problem.
But then I am not aware there is a psychometric test involved in the selection process for expats with Oman Air.

dcbarnum
27th May 2009, 14:50
I have a B737 Captain "SIM" scheduled in Gatwick in June. Does anyone have a detailed briefing on what to expect in the sim and interview.

Regards,
David

Giv
28th May 2009, 07:59
well said... i think u right

Giv
28th May 2009, 08:03
In Fact is if you look thru this whole thread you seem to be the only one complaining about WY and from what I can see you currently work for oman air especially when you asked for a network in Oman to get onto VOIP in a previous thread. So mate if you don't like WY either shutup or
http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/censored.gifoff

In Fact is plz shutup u making all of us sick

Damianik
28th May 2009, 17:55
Can we please not switch to SIM assessments questions? Where is the interview held? chance to see Oman before actually getting there to work? staff like that.

Thanks
D

in FACT is
31st May 2009, 14:05
Giv,

sorry this free world and forum, you can close your eyes, go to bed, you have SIM tomorow with your golden Instructor remember he is better than you in 500 hrs less PIC.:{

duckkocker, wunwinghi

what's the latest Toulose??? all when smooth?? and all passed without any problem I guess, you trained by the golden Instructor Capt. !!!!!!:\

wunwinghi
31st May 2009, 16:29
in FACT is............latest from Toulouse, yes all went smooth.......all passed without any problems........
and mate you've got to get this golden instructor with the 500hrs pic, whoever he is, out of your mind, cause u keep refering to him, and it seems this figment of your imagination is f:mad:ing up ur life!!!!!
or perhaps it already is.........in which case, very sad!:(

Young_Turk
29th Jun 2009, 06:18
hi all... to all oman air pilots... could someone please pm me muscat contact numbers for Capt. J S Dhillion..... ???
thanx a mill...
YT

in FACT is
29th Jun 2009, 08:06
in which case, very sad!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/sowee.gif

oooh:ugh:yes if I'm look at you wunwinghi:\

spudster
1st Jul 2009, 11:19
Just finished the GTW screening. Very straight forward/ friendly.
Two Oman Air staff, a check airman and an HR person.
Met briefly at the hotel for a short personal introduction. Flying history,
why do you want to work for Oman Air stuff.
Then off to Oxford where the check Capt conducted a group brief oral exam. Panel style with all three candidates asked questions consequetively.
Know the memory items w/o BS. Then a few basic systems and ATP questions.
Sim: one visual circuit. Then a T/O, V-1 cut to SE NPA. Technique of your choice. I used LNAV/VNAV. This to a MA. Followed by a SE ILS. Done.
Pretty basic.
But know the profiles and the callouts. Cold. Standard Boeing.
Was told afterwards that of the 27 candidates screened that week, 7 passed. Reason being that with the large number of very low time FOs, that Oman Air needs Capts with above average handling and command skills.

pfgiraldo
15th Jul 2009, 23:50
Hello, I am actually an E-190 PIC and more than 3000 hrs on Type. More than 14.000 Hrs total flight time. Does any body knows about the OMAN AIR E-190? and if are they hiring Piots? Thanks.

in FACT is
16th Jul 2009, 11:01
that Oman Air needs Capts with above average handling and command skills:=

so, you think you are the one with that standard :\ don't make laught man, who make you think that way a pilot????? or just someone who's flying around MCT-AUH-DXB-SLL only???:{

latest from Toulouse, yes all went smooth:p

oo yes of course after 5x repeated check-ride, you use to have that Mr. wunwinghi:ugh:

Farrell
17th Jul 2009, 08:20
Oman Air are purchasing EMB-170 - five of them for the moment.

Most of the existing ATR crews will be trained on it.

in FACT is
17th Jul 2009, 12:03
for the roster in Oman Air refer to this page same things happen there, and at the moment they spoiled the their first class Captain the "Training Captain":ugh:

http://www.pprune.org/middle-east/381429-qatar-airways-rostering-corruption.html:{

wunwinghi
18th Jul 2009, 08:25
AAAHHHHH..............yeah, its great to be SPOILED!!!!!:ok:

in FACT is
18th Jul 2009, 15:40
AAAHHHHH..............yeah, its great to be SPOILED!!!!!

hi...hi....hi...because you feel like this:\ shame on you Captain The Best

that Oman Air needs Capts with above average handling and command skills

wunwinghi
19th Jul 2009, 07:54
AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!...............Yep, great to be SPOILED!!!:D

in FACT is
19th Jul 2009, 08:19
AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!...............Yep, great to be SPOILED!!!:ok:

I know......I know.......I know, WY 885 making emergency descend already just wait for your turn Capt. Above Average:{

wunwinghi
19th Jul 2009, 13:20
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............you know what????????? its great to be SPOILED!!!! ;)

MAKAVELI320
19th Jul 2009, 21:22
Stop these childish replies mr wunwin contribute with something more :D:D

Powerback
19th Jul 2009, 21:41
Hi All,so I:ok:`ve read all the posts,but I did not got the idea about the ATR f/o`s.Any chance to get there,how many flights/hours,money staff.Anybody from the inside can give some infos,please?Appreciate every answer.Thanks

wunwinghi
20th Jul 2009, 03:49
Well, mr. makaveli320, if you've bothered to read the full thread, I've contibuted plenty, thankyou very much!!!:ok:
And besides, its great just to wind up in fact is, cause all he ever does is whinge and moan!!!!
Have fun..............................safe flying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in FACT is
20th Jul 2009, 11:56
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............you know what????????? its great to hear somebody commented on your post!!!! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

flaps210
23rd Jul 2009, 11:20
so anyone know when the e-170 are due? ta just curious.

ps; in fact is, i disagree with people asking you to shut up, free yourself and speak your mind... just use a spell and grammer check because reading you is arduous! cheers

in FACT is
24th Jul 2009, 13:44
"flaps210 & MAKAVELI320",

this one of example from insider's in Oman Air send to my PM I got 9 PM's from different people, thing's goes not as smooth as people think in WY, the expat's are affraid to post the truth, only some of expat's (sucker's) that desparate no choice posted the good's thing's but there is bad thing's happen there and have to be informed to all, :ugh:

This rostering will go on as long as that dmo is still there, they re finally looking to replace him. But he's not the only management problem and management problems are going on since ages in WY. But i do like the company and there are also good pilots in WY, i agree that some people should be stopped but then again the examinors are scared to stop people. Well if you join us, good luck and don't hesitate if you have questions

SkyRed1
24th Jul 2009, 14:00
Oman Air is a very "decent" airline",most of the personnel are very curteous,even the fleet Captains,
I was offered job there 2 years ago but turned it down,I understand from inside sources that the expats on the ATR will not be rated on Embraers,effectively WY want all National Crews within 24 months and are training cadets at this time.
Oman Air is a very strong company and is expanding at an acceptable pace given the world markets and I wish WY all the best in the future.Having lived in Muscat its certainly a nice place,very diverse,cultural,very tollerant and safe,I wish all those coming to Oman all the best.

flaps210
27th Jul 2009, 08:43
all the best for those of you COMING to oman!!! humm the word cat and bag come to mind!lol
in fact is! i agree that oman air has its down sides but hey which airline doesnt! you just learn to take the ups with the downs and get on with life dude!
all the best:}

AVIATOR757
5th Aug 2009, 15:04
Kindly check your private message.

in FACT is
6th Aug 2009, 05:18
SkyRed1

I was offered job there 2 years ago but turned it down smart decision because you know what going to happen there:ok:

AVIATOR757 :

Kindly check your private message. yeah maybe he can help you to joint WY, that the way to find above average standard pilot in WY:ugh:

Ali Baba
10th Sep 2009, 22:43
Any developments in WY? you guys went quite ,what is going on?

in FACT is
11th Sep 2009, 06:23
no news, except no extra fuel for Calicut flight, till "using reserve fuel" comes and call SMLO:\

samjetblaster
11th Sep 2009, 22:23
Who is SMLO???:confused:

in FACT is
12th Sep 2009, 04:27
SMLO = Senior Manager Line Operation,

they still have funny2 rule there like copied from Indian DGCA rule of 1937 and the management run by the Indian:eek:, up to now I heard they can't find locals who's capable to manage the flight operation correctly:\, so the party on the side of eastern europe, latin america's with their fake experience, the chance's to be TRI with less 1000 hrs command is here:ugh:

Ali Baba
15th Sep 2009, 21:34
Can any one send photos on pprune of your new A330:ok:

fractional
16th Sep 2009, 12:12
Oman Air takes delivery of a A330-200
If you could only search... Ali Baba. Airliners.net | Airplanes - Aviation - Aircraft- Aircraft Photos & News (http://www.airliners.net/) as one of the sites.

ShirleyNot
16th Sep 2009, 19:47
I think you'll find its a -300.

guiones
16th Sep 2009, 23:25
It is a -200 series.

Oman Air takes delivery of first Airbus A330 (http://www.airbus.com/en/presscentre/pressreleases/pressreleases_items/09_09_15_a330_omar_air.html)

G

keep_smiling
17th Sep 2009, 07:46
If im not mistake..

The 330-200 is DA and the 330-300 is DB..

the one arrived yesterday was 330-200

guiones
18th Sep 2009, 00:57
:confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: ????????????

Microlightlover
18th Sep 2009, 17:21
In Fact Is, I dont understand why you have to be so insulting in your comentaries, where are your facts that locals are not good to run operations or latins with fake expirience. The truth is you dont know wha are you talking about.

Ali Baba
24th Sep 2009, 22:48
There getting busy .now into the second onecn (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Oman-Air/Airbus-A330-343X/1576275/L/&sid=3d3ce9890644f7f36857659991866085)1044 (http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?cnsearch=1044&distinct_entry=true)) The first A333 for Oman Air will be registered A4O-DB http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/5/7/2/1576275.jpg (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Oman-Air/Airbus-A330-343X/1576275/L/&sid=3d3ce9890644f7f36857659991866085)d

shoguns
26th Sep 2009, 21:09
hi guys any hiring of DECs on the A330
if so any email or phone contact would be great
thanks in advance

sky-diver
1st Oct 2009, 17:25
Hi all!

I’m looking to putting in an application to Oman Air in the very near future, however I’m trying to establish some of the following prior to doing so. Any help you can offer would be gratefully received.

So far, I’ve got this:
Health care is included
Loss of Medical is included
42 days leave per annum
One return ticket to home country for me and my good lady
Uniform laundry service
Up to 75% of school feesWhat I’d like to know for a 73FO is as follows:
Basic Salary
Supplementary
Flight Pay/Hours per month
Housing – 350 OMR?
Utilities
What is the Public Holiday allowance (8days?)I look forward to constructive responses.

Many thanks in advance.

SD

heatthepots
12th Oct 2009, 09:36
hello all,

just wondering if anybody would have any info about omanairs current pilot recruitment status. i applied a number of months ago for a position as an F/O on the A330 fleet. despite repeated attempts to contact the company i am still none the wiser!. i have considerable experience flying the A330 and i absolutely love oman and its wonderful people however i am very dissappointed at the total lack of communication. i would be much obliged if someone could enlighten me. shukran!

sky-diver
12th Oct 2009, 09:40
There must be someone here who has up-to-date info for the 737 fleet too?

cantbeafoolinlove
12th Oct 2009, 12:23
Hello Guys,
I got an email from WY asking for documents sometime back, to further proces my application. Sent them the next day. Have been trying to call and email about any progress. No response. Anyone know a contact number where I can reach someone taking care of Cockpit crew recruitment.
CBAFIL

Ali Baba
16th Oct 2009, 20:37
Any one knows this guy by the name of Patrick Rotsaert who will be new DMO or VPO of oman air.They say ex EK?

pilotara
16th Oct 2009, 22:12
Patric is at Jet Lite India...he is VP of OPs there.

Ali Baba
20th Oct 2009, 20:48
Heard that he will be joining oman air on the 20 oct 09

Old glass
7th Nov 2009, 18:40
Patrick is great no BS type of guy. Worked with him before in Russia, hated to see him go.

NGFellow
7th Dec 2009, 11:44
Any news about recruitment for B737NG Captains or for the A330 at Oman Air?

wunwinghi
7th Dec 2009, 13:19
As of now there will be no direct entry recruitment for Captains either on the NG or the 330. Command upgrades will replace the skippers required on the NG's and NG skippers will have the chance to move across to the 330 fleet. However still looking for F/O's for both fleets. Hope that clears up any discrepancies!!!

NGFellow
7th Dec 2009, 14:38
Sounds like a fair proposition!

acepilotmurdock
7th Dec 2009, 14:43
Any positions for none type rated low hour pilots????? Long shot but worth a try. Good job you can e-mail CV's now the amount I have sent out, I would have been personally responsible for killing at least 12 acres of the Amazon.
Ace
:ok:

slow&low
6th Jan 2010, 15:22
Any idea of A330 F/O conditions?

ali767
8th Jan 2010, 20:13
Oman Air got the first A330-200 on 15/09/2009. The got the second one 02/10/2009, the thrid one 26/10/2009 and the fourth one on 31/11/2009.
They will get the 5th one in March 10, the 6th one in June 10 and the last one in JAN 11. Total of 7 and not 5 and it a mixture of A330-200 and A330-300:ok:

menikos
8th Jan 2010, 20:38
Hello,

are they still looking for F/O on the NG ?

Thx.

menikos
8th Jan 2010, 20:47
Hello,

are they still looking for F/O on the NG ?

Thx.

sirtoyou
17th Feb 2010, 19:06
all gone quiet in here.

CRUIZE
17th Feb 2010, 19:18
Only if your mossad.

runway in use
18th Feb 2010, 18:53
i think the best way to know if they need FOs in NG is to log into their website www.omanair.com (http://www.omanair.com) and find the careers section. all the best

wunwinghi
19th Feb 2010, 13:34
Well, it has transpired, that Flight Ops has been given a mandate to train up all the Ab Initio Omani pilots that are at this time still waiting in the wings!!!!
So as of now there will be no hiring of F/O's on the NG in 2010..........HOWEVER!!! we all know that in this industry nothing is set in stone.......so that may change too........so I reckon the best bet is to send in CV's for the positions, worst case scenario, you'll be told to wait a while........They do have a dedicated recruitment officer now in Flt Ops, which is a big help........

Hanz Blix
21st Jul 2010, 01:22
Appreciate this topic has been dead a long time but does anybody know what the pay is like for ATR42 Capt and FO. Also what are the chances of being upgraded onto the jet fleet after serving some time on the ATR.

Obi Wan Kirk
21st Jul 2010, 07:17
Stay away. They will make all sorts of promises that will not be kept.
Just to give you the picture: 6 people resigned in last 2 weeks and another +30 on the move between now & Christmas.

kotakota
21st Jul 2010, 10:21
If that is true its very sad , it will be the wrong 30 moving out. A referendum would be good !!

SuperJet
21st Jul 2010, 14:38
HI all.

Interesting thred so far. Does anyone know what is going on with the recruitment on the Operations side? I cannot get any response from anyone there, and applied for a role a month ago...

Have they already employed a new "GM of Ground Ops"?

If not, does anyone inside Oman Air have the email contact for who ever would be dealing with this kind of recruitment?

Thanks all!!!

:)

SJ

Obi Wan Kirk
21st Jul 2010, 15:35
For an expat Omanair is a sinking ship, even some locals thinking of leaving too. So if I were you, stay away, unless you like big headaches...

airtractor
25th Jul 2010, 08:29
Oman Air will be giving sim Eval's in BKK for type rated ATR F/O's on Aug 23/24.
need ATPL and 500 hrs on type.
Good luck!

bushveld
25th Jul 2010, 09:45
SJ,

Believe you should email:
[email protected]

for status.

Good luck.

Scube3
14th Aug 2010, 12:48
Yes, I fly for Oman Air and also heard that they are recruiting Cpt. and F.O. for the ATR fleet. It seems that some of them are moving into the Embraer 175's...

Scube.

B737-3-9
14th Aug 2010, 22:53
Yes, I fly for Oman Air and also heard that they are recruiting Cpt. and F.O. for the ATR fleet. It seems that some of them are moving into the Embraer 175's...

probably not with 3 YEARS BOND

in FACT is
15th Aug 2010, 06:25
YES they signed the PANAMANIAN desparate pilots with only pencil plane ratings:cool:

Scube3
15th Aug 2010, 07:16
Two years bond after joining...

DO NOT LISTEN TO "IN FACT IS".

There is something very wrong and personal between him and Oman Air. I don't know if he got fired or what, but his information is written in a very negative and deceiving way...

Sorry, I had to say it :O Just informing the people that have not taken the time to read through the whole thread.

Sorry "IN FACT IS", nothing personal; Ready to take the beating... :uhoh:

Happy landings,

Scube

in FACT is
15th Aug 2010, 07:28
Dear All,

Roster plays a very significant role in the life of a pilot and the management is trying its best to make it work in the best interest of the company and the pilots. The computerised rostering system is being continuously monitored and efforts made to improve the quality of the roster. The first step was to ensure legal limitations are not violated and corrections were made whenever something came to light.

The next phase is to have a fair distribution of duty hours followed by improving the quality. Work was initiated a few months ago for improving the quality by planning for an OPTIMIZER which the vendor is developing for us.

With your cooperation and understanding, we have come a long way and the roster is now being provided by the 20th of the month. Adherence to the published roster is now a priority to enable better planning for the next month. Swapping of flights creates imbalance and complicates rostering, as such this would be restricted to only unavoidable and emergency cases, to be approved by the Fleet Capts. We are trying this for the next three months and with your cooperation make it successful.

Your feedback and suggestions are most welcome and would be given due consideration.

Together we can make it work for the benefit of all.

Best wishes

Capt Jati Dhillon
Senior Manager Operations

in FACT is
15th Aug 2010, 07:45
Scube3

There is something very wrong and personal between him and Oman Air.

nothing personal with me, Scube3 it just personal between you and WY, you still with the propeller want to go to the jet, and no other choices so you have to take it all the s:mad:t they give.

no I'm away from WY, and see the roster ask the B737 pilots are they happy with it since the last 2 years, specially with your unused SMLO from SpiceJet, I just have a reliable source from inside WY, you got his email he..!!

kotakota
15th Aug 2010, 08:43
Apparently this is how you 'improve' rostering in la-la land , by making it even more inflexible than it was already , hard to imagine it is possible !
Perhaps they will agree to not change the roster either ?? ha-ha.........
Days Off not sacrosanct , only way programme was operated 2 days ago was with DayOff-ers !

Scube3
15th Aug 2010, 08:57
Wow! Yesterday's company email.
Well, thanks for providing some real information "IN FACT IS"; Keep coming all the negative and also "positive" changes of Oman Air. That is what I was referring to... balance. You are a one side story teller... and a very radical one... you have kind of a personal vendetta.

Indeed, this roster restriction is bad news... The only good news is that this is not UK and here any excuse is a good excuse... but having to get another signature before swapping will be a hassle. I hope it won't last for too long... This is going to make big waves in the company.... Let's wait an see...

Scube.

kotakota
15th Aug 2010, 10:52
Admin is so c**p they forgot to remove IN FACT IS from the mailing list after he went walkabout !!

in FACT is
19th Aug 2010, 05:15
Dear,

As requested in my previous mail, do come over to the office and discuss this issue.

Regards

Capt Jati Dhillon
Senior Manager Line Operations
GSM:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2010 10:10 PM
To: Jantinderpal.dhillon
Cc: Flt Ops Pilots All
Subject: RE: leave ticket

Dear Sir,

I'm bringing this Issue to your attention again, as we heard no feedback on this issue! we pilots, annual leave is an important thing to us, its the time where we can relax with family and our loved ones. please let us know if this case is under consideration and is being taken care off , as we are all waiting for the answer.

Thank you

Regards,

Sent: Tue 5/25/2010 8:49 AM
To: Jantinderpal

Dear ,

Kindly come over to my office to discuss this and understand so that it can be addressed with HR.

Kind regards

Capt Jati Dhillon
Senior Manager Line Operations
GSM:

Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:20 AM
To: Jatinderpal Singh Dhillon

Dear Gentlemen,
This is a big issue for us as pilots, actually this was my only question I asked in my interview with Oman air interviewer team but I was told " you will get whatever you get now " so I understood it as that I will get firm tickets as my previous employer was used to provide us with !!!( upgradable to first class ) I’ll appreciate if our department does something about it.
Thank you All
Capt.xxxxxxxxx
A330 fleet

Sent: Mon 5/24/2010 10:46 PM
To:
Subject: ??: leave ticket

Thank you
this mater of leave ticket is very important for us and our family and a I would like to add that should be complete free of charge like what the experts they don't pay even for taxes
as you all know now in Oman air there is no deference between local and expert so everything should be equal
thanks.

Capt.xxxxxxxx

???: Jatinderpal Singh Dhillon
????: Flt Ops Pilots All
???????: leave ticket

Dear sir,

I would like to bring to your attention subject of leave ticket, I have my leave plan for next month, and I have plan to take family for vacation to kual Lumpur, but unfortunately I have not been able to make any reservation to kul or bkk. And the reasons that I am not entitle for a firm leave ticket and also the reservation had been told not to make any reservation for staff.

The question is are we not entitle to travel with our airline, and what kind of privileges of being an airline staff and can not take family for vacation with your own airline, and
WHY TREATING US AS NORMAL STAFF, WE ARE HIGH RANK STAFF WITH HIGH RESPONSIBILITY IN CHARGE OF MULTI MILLIONS AIRCRAFT AND PASSENGER, AND ALSO WE CAN NOT GET FIRM TICKET TO GO ON LEAVE WITH FAMILY.

I know we all work hard, but I know for fact we in flight ops work harder, some times we leave family and loves one and fly on days off, extend our duty to contribute more and more for the company, and what we get......

And dear sir I don't want to compare with airline in the regions.
I would appreciate if you look in to this matter, I appreciate all your efforts.

regards,
Capt.xxxxxxx

in FACT is
19th Aug 2010, 05:25
you have kind of a personal vendetta

No I'm not

You are a one side story teller... and a very radical one

May be I'm, but I'm just in FACT is...the true:ok:

so, are they upgrade you to the Jet...?? and soon TRE don't worry about that:confused:

Scube3
7th Sep 2010, 11:09
You are not going to like this "IN FACT IS", but I have good news for Oman Air pilots. The cancellation of swapping you mention on your previous thread will be only temporarily (Only for three months). Now you can go back again with your "keep dreaming", "negativity" and "warm wishes" back in this thread.

Oh, another good news for Oman Air pilots. The supplemental salary (big chunk) is going to be included as basic salary from Sept. 1st 2010. :D:D

Scube.

Obi Wan Kirk
7th Sep 2010, 18:13
As 5 pilots recently resigned and more are on the way and Omanair management know this but don't seem to be worried about losing guys.

i used to wonder why they weren't worried...

Good news for those working hard for an upgrade because 8 FOs on Gulf Air A320 are about to join Omanair straight into the left hand seat of the B737NG, MIRACULOUSLY bypassing EVERYONE on the seniority list!

So miracles still do happen , especially in Omanair!

So those waiting for a Command Interview, keep studying hard...only this time for your Emirates interview!

Scube3
7th Sep 2010, 18:58
That is bad news Obi Wan Kirk... 8 copilots from Gulf Air! Well, the good news is that they need 24.
They are going to need a miracle as you said to upgrade the other 16 Oman Air copilots in such a short time. Nonetheless, I think upgrading 24 would have been actually impossible...
Well, I hope they finish them soon so they can relief the roster a bit!

Scube.

kotakota
8th Sep 2010, 16:42
Love it , love it , love it..............
This is almost becoming funny , now , where is my deckchair ?

CGYAMSer
10th Sep 2010, 20:39
I'm following this thread closely and it makes me wonder about the article in the June Airliner World of Oman Air. Is the image presented really that rose-tinted :eek: ? I think I should take everything with a grain of salt from now on:p

in FACT is
11th Sep 2010, 02:21
Scube3,

Nonetheless, I think upgrading 24 would have been actually impossible... Well, I hope they finish them soon so they can relief the roster a bit!

there is nothing impossible with WY, remember an TRE with 2 yrs command experience, where in the world, please tell me.:ugh:

you to try..?? apply for MFT position now and put your fake paper, pass the stupid interview...then your on your way....no problem.:p

remember the stupid Fleet Captain 2 yrs ago.:cool:

so, don't say impossible with WY, because you are doing mission impossible.:D

do they have this type of pilot...???

Pilot was asleep before crash: Black box data
Ajith Athrady, New Delhi, Sep 8, DHNS:

Nearly four months after an Air India Express Boeing aircraft crashed during landing at Mangalore airport killing 158 people on board, flight details contained in the black box have revealed that the pilot-in-command was asleep for an hour and 50 minutes when the plane cruised towards its destination.

An analysis of the cockpit voice recorder (CVR)— which contains conversation between two pilots, radio communication between the cockpit crew and others (including conversation with air traffic control personnel) and Digital Flight Data Recorder (DFDR)— was presented before the Court of Inquiry (CoI) headed by Air Marshal (Retd) B N Gokhale here on Wednesday.

The Directorate-General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), which presented the details to the CoI, had sent the CVR and the DFDR to the United States for data retrieval since they were heavily damaged, though the memory chips remained intact. In the CoI, officials from Boeing, the manufacturer of the aircraft, and GE, which was involved in decoding the black box, presented their findings.

Only excerpts of the black box data were released on Wednesday and a detailed report will be submitted to the Centre along with the CoI findings by the end of this month.
The startling details culled from the CVR and the DFDR have now established that pilot error, compounded by others factors like sleeping, caused the crash.

Fingerpointing

The cockpit transcripts and coded DFDR information were released to silence persistent speculation that reasons other than pilot error might have contributed to the doom of the aircraft and the 152 passengers and six crew members.

The analysis of the CVR revealed that there was sound nasal snoring and heavy breathing for nearly two hours, indicating that one of the two pilots—in all likelihood Serbian national Captain Zslatko Glucika, 55—had fallen asleep on his seat on the 200-minute flight of IX-812 that originated in Dubai (local time 1:10 am) on May 22.
What corroborates pilot error as the principal reason behind the crash is the long silence in the cockpit—for as long as 110 minutes—indicating that Glucika, who was believed to have about 2,000 flying hours’ experience, had dozed off ahead of landing. Captain H S Ahluwalia, 40, from Mumbai, was the co-pilot of the ill-fated aircraft.

When it was time for flight IX-812 to land, it was too late. The black box details have established that the aircraft started descent for landing when it was flying at an altitude of 4,400 feet against the normal height of 2,000 feet. Besides, the flight touched down at the 4,638 feet mark on the middle of Mangalore’s table-top runway which has a maximum length of 8,038 feet. According to civil aviation regulations, normal touch-down mark for passenger aircraft is 1,000 feet.

This strongly indicates that Glucika not only reacted late and overshot the runway, but certain standard operating procedures were not followed during landing.

Deccan Herald reported on August 19 the pilots’ last-minute conversation in which Capt Ahluwalia desperately cautioned Glucika to abort landing and “go around”, meaning that the pilot should not attempt a landing and instead try to fly without touching down. The co-pilot is heard on the audio telling Glucika “we don’t have enought runway left”. Capt Ahluwalia’s last word to his commanding pilot was “control” and then the aircraft fell on to a steep slope before exploding into a ball of fire.

According to the decoded information from the black box, the aircraft was not on its glide path while landing. As suspected earlier, the Boeing 737-800 aircraft was flying at an unsually high speed of 139 knots during landing. In the course of the inquiry and inspection of the aircraft’s remains it was found that the plane’s landing gear was found in the takeoff position, suggesting that the pilot tried a “go around.”

“Despite the high speed and landing in the middle of the runway, had the pilot tried to stop the aircraft instead of taking off after making touch down, it would have stopped at least at the end of the run way averting the disaster,” a Boeing official said. In support of the evidence that the pilot tried a “go around,” the DFDR shows that Glucika activated the takeoff gear and that the engine was in powered to high speed. “During normal touch down the engine speed is always low”, the official said.

“The main reason for the accident was that the pilot(s) tried to take off when just 800 feet of the runway was left. It was a wrong judgment while attempting a takeoff,” he said.

The decoding of the black box also shows that the GPS (ground proximity warning system) precision approach and landing system of the aircraft had given several warnings indicating that it was taking a wrong glide path. The CVR records show that both pilots had discussed that the aircraft was following a wrong glide path.

Early on May 22, the weather was fine for landing and visibility 6 km. The runway was dry and clearance had been given for landing under the Instrument Landing System. According to Boeing, the runway length for a 737-800 type aircraft during landing should be 7,500 feet.

Excerpts of pilots’ conversation

As soon as Pilot Captain Z Glucika got clearance of the ATC, he started descending for landing.
Co-Pilot: (Captain H S Ahluwalia): O My God.
Both pilots: Flight is taking wrong path and wrong side.
Co-pilot: Go around
Though flight is still descending and it tried to touch down in middle of the run way, the co-pilot insists on ‘go around’.
Co-pilot: Pull up. (Repeats six times)
Captain: Only 800 metres left. (in runway) (It was suspected that this time may be the aircraft was trying to take off and pilot found that only 800 feet of run way left)

in FACT is
11th Sep 2010, 03:03
More than 200 pilots in China were found to have falsified qualifications on their resumes two years ago in a check by the Civil Aviation Administration of China.
The finding, which was not made public at the time, surfaced recently in an aviation safety conference hosted by the CAAC, say local reports.
The pilots were found to have falsified certain qualifications on their résumés while job-hopping, say the reports. Half of the pilots who were caught were reportedly with Shenzhen Airlines, the parent of Henan Airlines, the operator involved in a deadly air crash in August.
Authorities have ordered the pilots to stop flying or undergo assessments to verify their qualifications, say the reports.
Shenzhen Airlines' officials could not be contacted for comment.
Air safety in China came under the spotlight recently following the 24 August crash involving a Henan Airlines Embraer 190 (http://www.flightglobal.com/landingpage/embraer%20190.html). The incident, which killed 42 of 96 people on board, prompted a review of safety operations by Chinese authorities and airlines.

Scube3
13th Sep 2010, 10:22
Amazing story IN FACT IS. I actually didn't know the reason of that crash. what a morons these pilots. I just wonder why you publish it in this threat...
Are you trying to say that Oman Air pilots are more likely to fall sleep than the mighty "Fly Dubai" pilots? Just don't get it... and yes we know the 2 year old TRE, blah, blah, blah...

Scube

in FACT is
13th Sep 2010, 11:22
soresore :

fake paper my friend....it fake paper...and how many serbian work with WY, where do they got their rating :confused:

Scube3 :

did you check your roster..?? 2-3 consecutive night flying with minimum rest yes.....sure you do it because of the money (flight duty time) ;) but did you consider the safety yes....is not happen yet...insya Allah :uhoh:

omegalex :

"You appear to have a personal problem with me. I find your comments in your last post to be racist. I welcome you to call me to discuss this matter in more detail. PM me back if you would to talk about it. In the mean time I will do all that I can to find out who you are."

and omegalex try get some more command hours, and more experiences maybe you will find me...but not with your qualification right now..that's only for WY....:= this kind of mentalities of an TRE...????

in FACT is
15th Sep 2010, 15:04
what has that to do with..:cool:.......take a shower mate!!!!:confused:

jon-bur
24th Sep 2010, 09:38
In fact is : enjoy ur C-check at Malta tmrw..:ok::ok:

bowing
8th Oct 2010, 20:09
oman hiring expat F/O or cMD anytime soon?

kotakota
9th Oct 2010, 04:29
They need to , but will not want to. A bit of ' not on my watch ' and 'over my dead body ' is the current trend , but who knows ? If you believe what you hear in the crewroom then management are unaware of the trend .Watch this space !

laki737
21st Jan 2011, 01:38
IN FACT since ur such a smart ass, U should know that there's 2 of us... And we were both blessed from god, who gave us our ratings. The Q is, who gave U one!? CU around, dude :P

chickendinner
26th Jan 2011, 04:15
Looking at possible employment with Oman Air and was hoping to get some updated information on the company.

Please feel free to PM me in order to avoid opening a new can on worms!

scoteros
26th Jan 2011, 08:46
To all,

I thought that Oman Air could have been a good option for somebody already in the middle east and looking for a nice company to work for... :ooh::ooh:

I thought that the " mood " in my company was bad , but dear god , compare to your company it's a pleasure here... :E:E

I really hope that you will sort out your relationship problems before it is too late...

I understand now why so many Oman air pilots are leaving :\:\:\

DoubtingThomas
26th Jan 2011, 15:33
Received information today regarding a 2 year EMB170/190 PIC contract being offered at Oman Air through Flight Crew Solutions.

Base pay is 4138 RO / month (aprx. 10,000 USD) with flight time bonus over 60 hours.

kotakota
26th Jan 2011, 18:32
Well 'Thomas' , if that Base pay figure is true , there will be hell to pay !
It is a sign of desperation that it may well be ( true ) as they are competing with a lot of other good payers - Emb seems to be a good TR at the mo , and all the 73 drivers who were 'promised' Fleet Transfer have been let down and kept on 73 because that fleet is seriously short , and getting shorter .
Bus drivers seriously peeved - earning less than they were on 73 , but then again free wi-fi and mobiles inflight are a BIG perk - just kidding ! They will NOT be happy to hear this Emb package .
Anyway , back to my Titanic deckchair ! I feel a DILLIGAF coming on.

DQ4
26th Jan 2011, 20:18
Are Oman Air recruiting Captains on the B737?

DoubtingThomas
26th Jan 2011, 22:35
This should link to the contract.

FileSwap.com : CAPT Eligibility Entitlements - New.doc download free (http://www.fileswap.com/dl/sCQi8BOv/CAPT_Eligibility_Entitlements_-_New.doc.html)

kotakota
27th Jan 2011, 02:59
Ok , that figure you quote is NOT basic pay , it is expected monthly average TOTAL - the contract is the same as everyone elses .
As for 737 recruitment , no is the short answer . Upgrades and ab-initio supposed to cover the deficit.
This policy may change if numbers keep fluctuating , may still be worth a CV just in case .

Saudi Donkey
9th Feb 2011, 04:25
Fisty Cuffs on the flightdeck between Capt. and Eng. over the daily check !!
Landing on the nose wheel and exiting the runway(12kt X-wind !!??) at SLL.
Illegal autolands in 50m viz on CAT 1 R/W at Chitters.
Landing below minima with only 800kgs gas remaining following baulked diversion - OOPS !!!
Tail strike avoiding pig(?) on runway(no mention of pig on downloaded CVR ??).

All this in the past few weeks and one common factor - Can you guess what it is yet ???
Come on guys do we need a fatalilty before somone upstairs wakes up and smells the coffee ???????????

Camel Humper
9th Feb 2011, 17:23
What a fully paid up member of the Mufty Club attempting to avoid a pig ? You are kidding right ?

Alessandra
10th Feb 2011, 15:43
pig on muscat runway? :o)))
i find it really worrying... let's hope somebody will open their eyes before any fatality happens :sad: but if the fleet cpt can get away with a mistake like this... i doubt it

jon-bur
10th Feb 2011, 18:15
who can answer all this question is only one person..

"IN FACT IS" :E:E:E

I really miss this guy :{:{:{

Scube3
11th Feb 2011, 17:39
Jon-bur, You probably piss him off too much :E

His last post was written to you on Nov. 12th 2010. Well done!!... even though I am missing the :ugh: and the:= and :yuk: and a few :mad: to spice things up :E

Scube.

jon-bur
12th Feb 2011, 02:25
Scube,

He will comeback after finished LPC :E:E

Fuelcock
14th Feb 2011, 04:42
Latest is that FC might be feelin' a little queer ?

SAB(AKA Lardy Ass) reckons that he could taste goats poo on his wanger ??

Oh dear, whatever next - OINK !!! OINK !!!!!

CRUIZE
2nd Mar 2011, 16:59
Saw on newspaper you guys will start moscow and khartoum soon on 737 thats is tough ah?

Bengal Lancer
24th Mar 2011, 15:02
heard on the grapevine earlier that 'Gas Turban'.....the unstable approach expert has been fired.

Can anyone confirm this?

CRUIZE
7th Apr 2011, 22:04
Anyone inside can tell us whats happening with this airline? pilots resigning, jumping sh,,,,,,,t, flight cancellation, C, crew going on leave never come back, where is the so called Management? anytong else?

Miss Aviator
14th Apr 2011, 22:56
Reference No FL-FO-2011
Job Title First Officer B737 NG
Educational Qualifications
1500 Total flying hours
300 Minimum on type

Does anyone have any info about this ? Why are both agencies and direct hiring going on ? Is there a difference ? (other than the agency said 2000TT and min 750 on type) This has been asked before a couple of years ago but no answers on the thread.

Also, any recent info re if any pilots are leaving and why ?

Thanks,
M.A.

Alltheway
19th Apr 2011, 08:48
Dear Colleages,

Have Sim Asessment in Southampton at the end of this month.

Anyone with info on previous Profiles / what to expect.

Hand flying and handling skills or LPC type check?

Any info/contacts greatly appreciated.

Many thanks. Safe flights.

vandahum
22nd Apr 2011, 09:47
best advice don't do it find somewhere else what is written on the box is not what is inside. if you are a single FO it might be ok for awhile. if you have a family forget it..............

Alltheway
22nd Apr 2011, 10:00
@Vandahum,

Thanks for response, can you possibly pm or post some details of your last mail please - Really appreciate the time and effort.

vandahum
22nd Apr 2011, 10:05
Omanisation the airline wants to be Omani only... fair enough.. alot of pilots have left many more are leaving... the place is chaos... you might be able to get a worse run managment but you would be hard pressed.... last choice airline to work for.. no long time future for any expats... the dishonesty is rife....

Alltheway
22nd Apr 2011, 10:48
@Vandahum,

Appreciate the response. Last one.

Hows the Roster?

How long ago were you there?

Cheers.

Alltheway
22nd Apr 2011, 12:57
Hope Vandahum responds again. Drop a klangger and leave!

Perhaps the lack of response speaks volumes, personally i'm an Optimist so hoping for a reply.

Jimmy The Big Greek
22nd Apr 2011, 16:38
Do they hire 737 drivers, if yes where can I apply.
There is nothing in their website and I can not find any agency for Oman air.