PDA

View Full Version : Australian Open

22 Degree Halo
15th Jan 2009, 08:08
Begins in under a week.

Will Murray win it?

crisso
15th Jan 2009, 09:31
Obviously, Murray is being talked-up, especially by the British Media. However, in his defense, he has started the new season very well and moreover, he can and has beaten all of the three players placed above him in the rankings. Last but not least, he has proven the ability to make a Masters final - indeed the previous event, the U.S.Open last September.

I think if he is beaten - it is likely to be one of the top players and, not some unknown, that used to regularly undo our Tim...

Evanelpus
15th Jan 2009, 09:36
Who cares? Murray hasn't exactly endeared himself to the English, anyway, we only like plucky losers!

22 Degree Halo
15th Jan 2009, 09:52
..but he has endeared himself to the Scots;)

I've a feeling his recent good work may come undone and will go out in round 2 or something equally embarassing.

airborne_artist
15th Jan 2009, 09:55
If Murray is going to win any Grand Slam event it'll be the Aus or US Opens. He's not as good on clay or grass, where Nadal and Federer are still formidable opponents, amongst many others.

Groundloop
15th Jan 2009, 12:14
Will Murray win it?

Nope, he'll get injured. Always does when it really counts:ok:

22 Degree Halo
19th Jan 2009, 20:17
Not long until his first round match.

Any virtual wagers he'll go out...:8

Richard Taylor
19th Jan 2009, 20:28
Well he's been a bit inconsistent since he won Wimbledon but he's partnering his ex-playing partner from 2007 & is hopeful for the year ahead.

SINGAPURCANAC
20th Jan 2009, 07:23
Will Murray win it?

HA!HA!HA!:ugh::ugh::ugh:

My prediction
Men's: NOVAK DJOKOVIC,who else?
Women's: JELENA JANKOVIC,of course after she beats ANA IVANOVIC on final match
M Double: NENAD ZIMONJIC and DANIEL NESTOR as well!

cresta10
26th Jan 2009, 12:02
Andy Murray is bulldozed yet again...:ouch: :ugh:

Fernando Verdasco 2 6 1 6 6

Andy Murray 6 1 6 3 4

Richard Taylor
26th Jan 2009, 19:30
Prediction:

Mens: Safina

Womens: Dementieva

Damn, Murray's another Henman!! :eek:

Bloody tennis! :\

Verdasco did play well though.

Scrubbed
26th Jan 2009, 20:00
A good result would be that silly turncoat [email protected] Serb Dokic being trounced. She says it's her last shot at stardom so maybe that'd be the end of her in Australia. No doubt if she loses there'll be another tantrum... silly ****.

The average Australian being, as Bob Hawke once said - a halfwit - they welcomed her back after her idiotic antics.... why?? because she's good at tennis??

Dokic, her nutcase bearded pa and the horse that rode in on her can all F**K OFF back to Serbia and play tennis there.

Richo77
27th Jan 2009, 22:49
OK guys, see if you can settle a bet from Federers game v Del Potro. A lass i work with swears black and blue that Federer headbutted the ball over the net AND won the point.

I have confirmed that he did headbutt it, but i dont know if he won the point. Or for that matter if its even legal, i would assume not.

Captain Sand Dune
28th Jan 2009, 01:56
Scrubbed,

Couldn't agree more!:ok: Well you got your wish. It will be rather interesting to see if her re-discovered love for Australia lasts.:rolleyes:
Anyone see the story about her allegedly owing some rather shady drug dealing types a bunch of money?:eek:

22 Degree Halo
30th Jan 2009, 19:18
Any idea what time the men's final starts (British time). 8am??

Cheers!

G-CPTN
30th Jan 2009, 19:24
The schedule of play is released each evening and will be posted on the website as soon as it is made available.
Australian Open Tennis Championships 2009 - Scores - The Grand Slam of Asia/Pacific - Official Site by IBM (http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/index.html)