PDA

View Full Version : Malawi Jobs

digitalsoul
14th Jan 2009, 14:31
Anyone flying or know about operators in malawi for low timers... Thanks.

Rich Pitch Power
15th Jan 2009, 08:50
Digital Soul,

Unless times have changed a great deal in Malawi I don't think you will find a lot of work for a low timer. The guy that could have hired you was killed in a crash about 2 years ago and he ran the only flight training school in the country and was also the number one light charter outfit (Executive Air Charters).

You would probably have a lot more luck in Maun or Dar es Salaam particularly if you have a few 206 hours in your book already.

If you must persist with Malawi the only lead I can give you is a guy called Horace who operates a maintenance business out of the old Luchenza Flying Club hangar at Blantyre airport. He will know all the operators and who to contact. I will be surprised if there are more than 5 operators in business that are the sort of lead you are looking for. I hope I am wrong.

RPP

VarigMD11
15th Jan 2009, 12:21
Nyassa Air Taxi owned by Bruno Kloser, based in FWKI. Operates 2x PA32, 1xPA28, 1xPA34, 1xBE58, 1xGA8. They have a website, just google it and it will come up. Hope this helps!

VarigMD11

erik07
15th Jan 2009, 12:54
taken directly from the Nyassa Air Taxi website -- sounds promising:

+++ NO APPLICATIONS TILL FEBRUARY 2009 +++
Nyassa Air Taxi is always accepting resumes from qualified pilots looking for employment in our company. Our minimum requirements are:

CPL
IF-rating
250 hours total time
preferably some bush experience

777gnieob
9th Feb 2009, 21:49
Latest from the website.

Employment

+++ NO APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME. CHECK LATER IN THE YEAR AGAIN +++
At the moment we are not recruiting. Please do not send applications as they will not be considered nor responded to. For future information we list our requirements below:

CPL
IF-rating
250 hours total time
age 24-38 years
minimum contract time is one yearAdditional advantages:

Ratings on any of our aircraft
Multi engine rating and preferably experience
Bush experience

xuejiesandi
12th Feb 2009, 05:11
They ain't recruiting this year...

abhi88
12th Feb 2009, 09:08
They ain't recruiting this year...

They just did!!:*

XTurb
12th Feb 2009, 22:46
They aren't recruiting this year, until a position becomes vacant. Funny that...
Keep tracking South Digital, and go and introduce yourself to Bruno in person.

skykaiser
19th Feb 2009, 21:34
hi guys!
I just send my cv. I really hope they'll call me back! they ask just for 250 hrs and I have 1300 (300 multi). by the way, who is this bruno? Is he italian too?