PDA

View Full Version : king air type operators @ BNE and OOL

Aerofoil
14th Jan 2009, 00:40
Hi all

Just wondered if anyone can tell me any companies who operate aircraft types such as King air's out of brisbane and gold coast airport?
I'v been looking but cant find much online!

Many thanks

Foil

tail wheel
14th Jan 2009, 01:04
Did you check HERE (http://www.casa.gov.au/casadata/regsearch/airsresults.asp?VHin=&modelin=B200&Search=Search&framein=plane&manuin=&regholdin=&regopin=&serialin=&num_results=10&offset=0)?

Looks like you are out of luck at Coolangatta and Brisbane.

megle2
14th Jan 2009, 01:12
3 x 350's at BN State Govt / Pearl / Air Charter Co Ordinators
3 x 200 at BN 1 x Pearl / 2 x RFDS

4 x 350's at AF 3 x private 1 Airtrek Av
1 x 200 at AF GWA

1 x 350 at CG Private

1 x PC12 at BN Private
1 x PC12 at AF Private

1 x TBM 750 at BN Private
1 x TBM 850 at BN Private

Did I miss any?

Aerofoil
14th Jan 2009, 01:27
Well for the ones that are available how do you think i stand with my experience?
Currently have 1600hrs total, with 1300hrs Boeing 737. Im a first officer from the uk but will have a CASA license and also residency visa through my aussie girlfriend.

Many thanks

Foil

morno
14th Jan 2009, 01:38
With Great Western, possibility. With RFDS, highly highly doubtful.

The private operators, not much of a chance at all.

morno

Aerofoil
14th Jan 2009, 01:41
Why not likely though? Do i not have enough hrs? or is it the type of hours i have would put them off?

Monopole
14th Jan 2009, 02:15
Aerofoil, I would assume that the RFDS would not give two hoots what aircraft your twin time was gained on, however, your twin time is NOT twin command time. And the RFDS are big on that.

Aerofoil
14th Jan 2009, 02:22
I'm sorry but by saying my twin time is on the 737 I was in no way making the assumtion that would make me a golden child in applying for a king air job which is how i think you have read it. I could have said 1300hrs twin and said no more and no one would have any idea what twin that was done on and in what capacity i.e command, cruise pilot, first officer etc etc.

Im simply trying to gauge what the score is over in Australia before i move there in a months time, that is all.

So based on the 'experience' i have, where do you guys think i should aim my efforts, baring in mind the recruitment habits of the different operators based on each individuals different experience?

Howard Hughes
14th Jan 2009, 02:26
Sunstate!:ok:

morno
14th Jan 2009, 02:38
Aerofoil, no apology needed. Probably more helpful by telling us that so we can give you more accurate, truthful responses.

However, as Howard said, it is your lack of Command time that is severely letting you down. Unlike Europe, you need a lot of that stuff (Command time) to really get anywhere in Australia (flame suit on for when those who think it's a crock of **** come out, but honestly, what is better? Command time, or Co-pilot time?). Any particular reason you asked about King Air jobs?

As Howard suggested, try Sunstate (QantasLink). They operate Dash 8's around Queensland and have a base in Brisbane.

morno

Aerofoil
14th Jan 2009, 02:42
Many thanks for the reply Morno.

No reason in particular really about the king air. I just used that as an example of an aircraft which does that type of flying really.
I think given the choice I would work for Jetstar,VB etc if i could as that it the type of flying i'm doing now but im just trying to gauge what the 'rules' of the market are in aus.

Am i better placed to simply aim at the larger airlines such as the above rather than the operators which rely more on either single pilot ops or command time?

Monopole
14th Jan 2009, 02:54
Aerofoil, I was in no way applying that you are a 'golden child'. Simply answering your question Why not likely though? Do i not have enough hrs? or is it the type of hours i have

But in the current climate, you probably will have a reasonable chance with VB. May not get a Brisbane basing though.

Aerofoil
14th Jan 2009, 03:14
Monopole.

If that is the case then i apologise for reading it like that.
I am just information finding for what will be something i have to look at very closely very soon.

Many thanks for the replies. I think i will be best set to decide where i focus my efforts when i am in aus but for now at least i can get as much info online as possible as a starting point at least.

:ok:

fuelcapsOFF
14th Jan 2009, 03:37
go fly a 210 at kunnas. im sure alligator will take u

chimbu warrior
14th Jan 2009, 04:59
Try Our Airline/Air Nauru if you want to live in BNE.

sthaussiepilot
14th Jan 2009, 10:56
SkyAirWorld :ok:

Operates
2XE145
2XE190
1XE170

and a Caravan is looking to be put into service within the year (in the Solomons)

Sky is based in Brisbane, and has RPT's aswell as operating/ offering Charter(s)

Hasselhof
14th Jan 2009, 11:01
Air Frontier