PDA

View Full Version : family on the jumpseat

Aerofoil
14th Jan 2009, 00:37
Hi all

I just wondered if anyone from the airlines such as jetstar/VB as to whether or not there is a way of having family members/ partners occupy the jumpseat (with company approval etc) or is it a blanket rule of never like it is in the uk?

fuelcapsOFF
14th Jan 2009, 03:40
i think the rules state that only people under the captains authority can enter the cockpit, so technically yes. but then most companies have there own policy, and im pretty sure qantas, vb etc say no....

Icarus53
14th Jan 2009, 03:46
Must have and display a company ASIC. So unless the family member is also in the company, no chance.

W00kiee
14th Jan 2009, 04:04
We carry little I.D. type thingy's in the flight library somewhere. So if you want to get your Mum up the front you just need to get one of them issued to her, all thats needed is photo I.D. and the manual states somthing like must be known by crew member for XX years.

porch monkey
14th Jan 2009, 10:56
Every company is different. Mine only requires that they be eligible for staff travel, and have photo ID. Then it is at the captains approval. So, yes, my mum can ride in the jump. So can my girlfiend, boyfriend or whatever.

Yusef Danet
14th Jan 2009, 22:48
VB policy allows crew members' families on flight deck under certain circumstances, all subject to the captain's discretion.

Been a fair bit of it in the last few weeks with many aircraft going out chockas.