PDA

View Full Version : Jobs at Essendon

beaverlover
13th Jan 2009, 23:10
What companies operate from Essendon and what kind of work do they do. Would really like to live in Melbourne but do not know the scene there. 1700TT 700 twin piston.

Any comments would be appreciated

Cheers

VH-YYY
13th Jan 2009, 23:22
Flight Schools \ Charter
Pearson Aviation
National Aerospace Training
InterAir

Sharp Airlines
Air Ambulance

Is all i know of.... :)

VH-XXX
14th Jan 2009, 00:21
Gliding Federation of Australia
Gooney Birds
Safeway
A number of new car dealerships

Buster Hyman
14th Jan 2009, 00:57
Safeway? Don't you mean Coles?

Lasiorhinus
14th Jan 2009, 01:30
The Safeway is just very well hidden :E

Buster Hyman
14th Jan 2009, 03:33
So there's no jobs at Coles then? Bugger, just when I paid for my Trolley endorsement!:mad:

Wally Mk2
14th Jan 2009, 04:14
As others have said GAM's & AusieJet, they are probably the two that you might like to head for to get yr foot in the door at EN.
There is a Liquor Land also but it's probably shift work & you also can't drink whilst on the job, same for like flying, so no joy there:E
There is also a baby minding center there also but forget those places, you need more security checks than a pilot!
If you want to PM me with a more accurate break down of yr hrs I'll let you know whether it's worth putting in a CV to the RFDS. If you have any turbine time definitely head for the two Co's I mention here first.

WMk2

Lasiorhinus
14th Jan 2009, 04:34
The cafe in the terminal could do with more staff who know how to make coffee. The owner is the only one who can do it these days.

vee1-rotate
14th Jan 2009, 10:01
Wally, when are you guys heading up to the new hangar? Went for a bit of a drive around there the other day and might I say, you are very lucky...place came up very nice!

Wally Mk2
14th Jan 2009, 10:19
"V1" moving into the 'palace' early Feb now. If your looking to buy grey corry iron in the Melb area forget it, the 'palace' has it all!:) I love the way the joint is lit up like a xmas tree of a night time, & nobody's home!

Wmk2

Buster Hyman
14th Jan 2009, 10:22
I love the way the joint is lit up like a xmas tree of a night time, & nobody's home!

You mean the QF SIM centre don't you???:confused:

vee1-rotate
14th Jan 2009, 22:09
"V1" moving into the 'palace' early Feb now. If your looking to buy grey corry iron in the Melb area forget it, the 'palace' has it all! I love the way the joint is lit up like a xmas tree of a night time, & nobody's home!

Wmk2

Fantastic, will have to come visit once you're settled in :ok: Seems you will be nice and cosy with the Police lads hehe

cimore000
15th Jan 2009, 09:31
Hey, I heard that the locals have been complaining about the noise levels and they are trying to close down the airport. I am pretty sure I heard this from my brother. Come work at Moorabbin Airport!