PDA

View Full Version : Latest Virgin Ad

tonker
13th Jan 2009, 20:40
Amongst all the doom and gloom at the moment, i have to say that the latest add Virgin have of all the crew proudly walking through an airport in uniform heads held high was bloody marvelous.

The add is to celebrate 25 yrs of Virgin flying and is set in the 80's.

Well done whoever got that out.:ok:

YouTube - Virgin Atlantic 25 years (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPIjCS9YRw4&feature=related)

FL370 Officeboy
13th Jan 2009, 20:48
Already a thread going in the 'AA&R' forum. I came here thinking Virgin had introduced a new Acceptable Deferred Defect......:rolleyes:

FlyboyUK
13th Jan 2009, 20:52
Amongst all the doom and gloom at the moment, i have to say that the latest add Virgin have of all the crew proudly walking through a train station in uniform heads held high was bloody marvelous.

Train station?? I think you'll find its an airport (clue is in the big departures sign, check-in desks and aircrew walking around). It's to celebrate 25 years of Virgin flying planes - they haven't been operating the trains that long!

But yes bloody good advert:ok:

Memetic
13th Jan 2009, 20:54
...all the crew proudly walking through a train station...

Train station?!?

Great advert I agree..

Edit - do not pause to eat sweets before posting on PPRUNE

BongleBear
13th Jan 2009, 20:55
leave the poor bloke alone. maybe he was talking about a company called vigin who work at a train station

quazz
13th Jan 2009, 20:57
Don't think the people who work for virgin trains wear that kind of uniform

603DX
18th Jan 2009, 15:47
I agree, a very effective ad, accentuating the strong visual impact made in 1984 by their bright young 'sassy' cabin crews in their eyecatching red uniforms amid the sea of relative greyness. The cheeky backwards glance given by the swimsuited maiden on the 747 flyby at the end epitomised this image.

Most of my business flying before retirement was with "tried and trusted" airlines, generally paid for by clients, so a grade or two higher than the economy class I'm now prepared to pay for with my own money. Until recently I had never flown with Virgin, but an escape from our abysmal weather for a sunny Cuban holiday found me happily seated in the VA 747 to Havana.

I have to say it was a fun experience, the cabin crew were just as cheerful, polite, pleasant and efficient as depicted in the ad, and I enjoyed the 9-hour flight as a great precursor to an excellent holiday.

trident3A
19th Jan 2009, 13:10
You sit watching tv, sipping a great glass of wine and enjoying the kids sleeping soundly upstairs at last, post a positive thread about aviation and an associated video clip, and all some people can be bothered to do is bitch about some irrelevance or so.Welcome to the internet :ok:

Toodle
19th Jan 2009, 22:19
Train station?? I think you'll find its an airport (clue is in the big departures sign, check-in desks and aircrew walking around).

If you going to split hairs over it, it was actually a race course :)

jazzylady
29th Jan 2009, 17:49
Absolutely fabulous, I hope they don't update this ad it is perfect a touch of class. My son now intends to fly Virgin, and if I can meet the Captain so will I haha.

Rainboe
29th Jan 2009, 20:45
I saw a Virgin crew turn our heads like that ad. About 15 years ago outside Concorde House, Gatwick, after clearing Customs and waiting for our transports. We, the BA crew, and the Virgin girls standing on the pavement in separate groups (because they didn't talk to us). Well there was a planted border next to the pavement, and one of the Virgin's high heels slipped off the pavement and she fell straight into a thorn bush. All our heads turned towards her..........with scrunched-up facial expressions! The scream was piercing.

oldtora
29th Jan 2009, 23:12
Why was a thorn bush in the train station? :}

sparkysam
29th Jan 2009, 23:34
Pity they did not use virgin employees !!!!

Will Hung
30th Jan 2009, 08:01
Well they don't have any that good looking !

Can you imagine Alan Carter as the skipper !

scudpilot
30th Jan 2009, 15:01
definiteley one of the better ad's on tv at the mo....

(apart from the T Mobile one of course ...which IS set in train station!) :ok:

DarthMaul747-400
31st Mar 2009, 22:30
Hey - I think Alan Carter was one of the best looking Captains when he was with Virgin! Probably wouldn't be suitable for this type of ad campaign, but he was handsome in his own way.