PDA

View Full Version : 8 EasyJet A319's parked up at BRS

RoyHudd
13th Jan 2009, 20:09
Along with 2 a/c at the old terminal, there were 10 in total at BRS today at 1300Z. Any idea why? These aircraft are usually being worked hard in daytime, and although they did not appear to be stored, they were certainly dominating the pan. Surprising to see, hopefully there is a perfectly good reason.

cessna24
13th Jan 2009, 20:22
Dont put more worry into us. Its winter. At Stansted we have usually have between 1 and 4 a319s parked up this time of year.

c24

JaffaCake
13th Jan 2009, 22:06
Tuesday is a quiet day at the moment at BRS with far fewer rotations than other days - will definitely pick up again in the summer. Believe me most, if not all those aircraft did do some work today!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
14th Jan 2009, 09:08
I'm forever curious about the term "parked up". If they're parked, they're parked; full stop. Does this mean they are facing upwards?

cessna24
14th Jan 2009, 18:42
I think the meaning "parked up" suggests that they are parked up the road {in so many words].

MerchantVenturer
14th Jan 2009, 21:16
A look at Mayfly shows that on Tuesdays in January there are only ten rotations using based aircraft for the entire day (NCL and BFS operate in addition, using aircraft from those bases which is the usual practice).

Even in Janury there is a need on Fridays (at least) for eight based aircraft on the evening rotations. During the Christmas/New Year period there was a need for ten based aircraft at certain times on some days. February appears to have more rotations in the week than January, and March more again.

At the height of summer 08 there were 12 based A319s and all were used for much of the time.