PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Aviation sponsored type rating program

SW1
13th Jan 2009, 17:17
Hi,

I would be interested in finding out any information abouth this scheme.

: Bristol Aviation (http://www.bristolaviation.net/index.php?id=73)

It seems very similar to the CTC wings ATP scheme, that is currently closed, where you go for selection and aptitude tests then- if sucessful -you pay for a Jet/Bridge course on the A320 and if that goes well you are put onto the Alteon/Thomas cook scheme at no further cost to yourself.

This seems too good to be true as they also pay you £1000 (Gross) a month whislt in line training!

Any heads up from anyone who has applied or gone for selection wold be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Just added this extra info from the website:

Who pays for the training?

If you are successful through the selection, we’ll ask you to pay for the JetBridge course; after that the course is fully funded; you pay nothing more.
How long is the course?

Typically the integrated JetBridge and type rating course lasts 9 weeks; if you start flying straight away, the whole programme will last just over 8 months.
Do I get paid?

Not while on the course; you remain a Bristol Aviation trainee throughout the programme, rather than being an employee. However, you will receive a PerDiem living allowance while training with the airline; it is tax free and amounts to about £1,000 per month for the 6 months
Is there a guarantee of a job?

No guarantee. However, we will not start you on the programme unless there is an intention for the airline to offer you a job, so the expectations are very high.
What happens if I get to the end of the programme and the airline don’t employ me?

If it is not your fault, i.e. you’ve performed well and the airline just don’t have a place after all, we’ll place you with another employer. Remember, you are now hot property; a graduate from an elite programme, with a type rating and experience on type; quite a different proposition for another employer.
What’s the selection like?

There’s an on-line application form; if we want you to apply, then an on-line aptitude test, a day of testing, a day of interviews and group exercises, and then the JetBridge course is the final stage of selection.
What happens if I fail the JetBridge course or the type rating?

We don’t expect you to, and will do our best to ensure that you don’t. However, the standards of the programme are unashamedly high, and we guarantee the quality of its graduate to the airlines. Therefore, if you are not able to reach those high standards, we’ll have to take you off the programme.
Who are the employers?

We are expecting to expand the list of potential employers rapidly. We are currently providing pilots to Thomas Cook Airlines and shortly JetBird.
Sounds good; how do I apply?

To start the application process please Apply Now. (http://www.bristolaviation.biz/form/form0.asp)

Superpilot
14th Jan 2009, 08:20
I couldn't see any mention of the cost of the JetBridge course. Anyone know?

I don't get it. When you click the 'launch application form' link, the title bar reads 'Sigmar Aviation' :confused:

Groundloop
14th Jan 2009, 08:29
No guarantee. However, we will not start you on the programme unless there is an intention for the airline to offer you a job, so the expectations are very high.

So, in the current financial climate, what airline is going to be in a position to have "an intention to offer you a job" then, especially as a lot of airlines are talking about making pilots redundant? Particularly Thomas Cook who must have a pilot surplus at the moment following the merger with MyTravel. Or do they just need to give some vague indication? Otherwise, the whole scheme would seem to be a non-starter.

BruceB
14th Jan 2009, 11:32
Hi

I thought a response here would be a good idea to avoid any confusion. In short this programme is now unfortunately closed really due to the immediate economic and industry climate. The demand from the airlines is just not there currently to support this particular type of programme.

The web site is due to be updated shortly and my sincere apolgies for it being misleading which was certainly not the intention.

Regards

Bruce Bembridge
Sales & Marketing Manager
Bristol Aviation

FrankAbagnale
14th Jan 2009, 13:32
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: :ugh:

Nooooooooooooooooooo

It took me an hour to complete the flippin form the other dayy!!!

dartagnan
14th Jan 2009, 15:03
the program is closed because it was just another rip off program...and they closed it before they realise they could be sued for BS...

com'on guys, who is going to pay you a type rating with no guaranty of a job.

they just play around the word, type rating become bridge training., Bridge training, ahaha, what a stupid name to take your money...:{

bridge training costs 25'000 pounds while type rating is free(??).
in fact type rating becomes an opc check which is cheap (2 hours only in a sim)

When something is too nice to be true, it means something wrong is behind the system...when a company creat new words like jetbridge (what is this crap name, where do they get this?), it means all they want is your cash (jetcash???).
when you read something, and you can not see the whole picture, it means they hide something.

say :=

they say"sounds good"???

hell noooooooooooooo! sounds a big lie!:eek:why they have to ask it if it sounds good? if it s sounds really good, they don't have to ask !!:ouch:

flyboy1818
14th Jan 2009, 21:40
Give Bruce and Bristol Aviation a break, go down there and meet the man himself, hes a very decent chap! Bristol Aviation is one of the best flight schools around and they were just trying to do something better. Its a shame it did not work out, but I don't think you can blame this on the flight school!