PDA

View Full Version : Not about religion

Davaar
13th Jan 2009, 18:02
I am taking a break from a subsection 85(1) rollover under the Income Tax Act, not nearly as jolly as a rollover in the clover, and am beguiling the mind for a moment or two with some Thoughts on Religion .... but I sure as Hell .... Oooops! .... as sure as anything! .... will not share them with anyone here. No fear! Ye'se can all suffer.

tony draper
13th Jan 2009, 18:32
Did not Jesus say unto us "Pay Caesar his taxes",or words to that effect.:uhoh:

airfoilmod
13th Jan 2009, 18:38
No, I think he said, "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, unto the Lord that which is the Lord's". Leaves wiggle room, I think. (Like, are taxes really Caesar's?) Just Sayin'.

tony draper
13th Jan 2009, 18:57
When Caesars tax inspectors carried a Gladius on his belt yer, the taxes were his.
:uhoh:

cleo
13th Jan 2009, 19:35
I always thought the reference was to Caesar's head as stamped on the coinage? :confused:

Without wishing to take this thread into the notty realm of religion or politics I took this to mean that let them have yer money and you keep the important stuff.

CUNIM
13th Jan 2009, 19:56
Geroff! Munny is important to me, I spend it more efficiently and pleasurably. Brown and associated croneys can print their own.

Paradise Lost
13th Jan 2009, 20:14
Sympathise totally with Cb, but at least Darling Broon mismanage THIS country.....why on earth does Drapes wish to part with his hard earned shekels to some long deceased Eyetalian?

tony draper
13th Jan 2009, 20:21
Well one has plans on becoming Dictator oneself someday,so one though one should show support for Mr Caesar's case.
:E

BlueWolf
13th Jan 2009, 21:10
You'd get my vote for Dictator in Chief, Herr D.
:ok:

Scrubbed
13th Jan 2009, 21:31
one has plans on becoming Dictator oneself someday

Can I be your Minister for Immigration?

Beatriz Fontana
13th Jan 2009, 21:38
Mark me down for Foreign Secretary :E

cleo
13th Jan 2009, 21:41
Err - isn't the idea of dictatorship that he does it all with no voting or ministers ??:ooh:

Scrubbed
13th Jan 2009, 21:42
:E :E :E .......

:rolleyes:

Beatriz Fontana
13th Jan 2009, 21:44
cleo, no, far from it. Even autocracies require a group of loyal ministers.

cleo
13th Jan 2009, 21:45
OK - may I be the tea lady then- yer can't function without a proper tea lady!!

Scrubbed
13th Jan 2009, 21:45
Hitler, Cleo, who was a man of certain appeal to certain individuals, had a Ministry. What about Gobbles....... Minister for Propaganda (and Enlightenment)???? :rolleyes:

wiccan
13th Jan 2009, 21:46
Can I be your Minister for Relgion, please?
bb

Scrubbed
13th Jan 2009, 21:55
You can't even spell it.

I will be happy to be Minister for Immigration AND Religion.

Teedrapes, you won't need to employ me for very long.........

bnt
13th Jan 2009, 22:03
I always thought the reference was to Caesar's head as stamped on the coinage? :confused:
Well, if you talk in vague generalities, people are going to read what they like in to your utterances...
Err - isn't the idea of dictatorship that he does it all with no voting or ministers ??:ooh:
To paraphrase Terry Pratchett: it's "One Man, One Vote": The dictator is the One Man, who casts his One Vote.

Stockpicker
13th Jan 2009, 22:12
I'd like to be Minister of Singing, please, FSL. And Minister of Lunch. Not necessarily in that order.

Feeling hijacked yet, Davaar?

Davaar
13th Jan 2009, 22:13
Can I be your Minister for Relgion, please?

Sorry to intrude, Wiccan. The spelling apart, I fear you'd get nowhere. I mean, not to be nasty but not to evade the harsh reality, you in particular.

When Himmler tried the forest-gods-Yule-tide-earth-worship-midnght-in-the-woods-and-flaming-torches-celebration on Hitler, the Fuehrer was silent ..... and then said, In German of course: "It's good, Heinie, it's good; but it will never play against 'Stille Nacht'".

Wicca is out.

Feeling hijacked yet, Davaar?

Amazing what we can smoke out! I thought this one would be totally ignored.

frostbite
13th Jan 2009, 22:46
I would like to be Minister for the Abolition of Political Correctness in All its Forms.

seacue
14th Jan 2009, 01:02
I've read all of your begging for jobs. I demand to be Minister of Everything Else. This unseemly begging for jobs is over.