PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Westwind II jet

Eight Ball
13th Jan 2009, 09:46
Howdy everyone,

Does anyone know of any Westwind II jet aircraft for lease with a TCAS 2 ?

We already have one and the company is looking to lease another 2.

thanks

startingout
13th Jan 2009, 10:51
Have you checked the CASA register at all for owners?

sorry not sounding rude, but why do people ask such questions saying that "my company needs X" when realistically, if your running such aircraft already in your fleet a little looksee on the register will turn up all the aircraft you are after and details that one can sift through to find results.
SO:ok:

Eight Ball
13th Jan 2009, 22:57
I know what you mean but "the company" is not in Oz. Although it might be in the CASA website, it might not be available for lease, thus my question. I thought it would be better if I got it straight from the horse's mouth rather than going through all the hoops of enquiring.

Atlas Shrugged
13th Jan 2009, 23:17
startingout,

Just because an aircraft is on the AUS register, does not mean it will be available for lease, hire or anything else. All that the register tells us is the owner, operator and a few other basic details of the aircraft.

PPRune, on the other hand, can be a valuable resource.

VH-XXX
14th Jan 2009, 00:19
There may be some unregistered machines out there too (undergoing maintenance) or perhaps N rego, so always worth asking on here :D Sometimes the info on the register isn't perfect and aircraft can be missed when searching.

sms777
14th Jan 2009, 00:34
PelAir Aviation is one of the largest operators of Westwinds in the country.
It is 100% owned by Rex so you may have to go through their channels.

Fragnasty
14th Jan 2009, 13:21
...and the Pel-Air Westwinds are 100% TCAS-free. (Great jet though)

Choice bro'!

myturn
15th Jan 2009, 05:20
Try Air National in NZ, they have one and it would have to have TCAS II to operate there.

Eight Ball
15th Jan 2009, 11:52
Hi there gents and ladies, please keep the infos coming, appreciate it very much. Will try Pel-Air and Air National NZ.

TCAS 2 is mandatory as it will fly through RVSM airspaces. Thanks again.

EMB120ER
16th Jan 2009, 07:50
There is one sitting over here in Perth.

Does not seem to move very much?

Don't know who owns it, but apparently its "Faster than a Concord" which has got to be the quote of the (last) year!

sms777
16th Jan 2009, 10:26
Yeah! I remember the one, obviously there has not been enoug shark attacks in WA to scramble it, so you may as well put it to use. I would love to give you a phone number but my Google button just fell off. :}

Eight Ball
16th Jan 2009, 11:24
If you would be able to provide me with a name of the operator and maybe an email address, will contact them. Our pending contract for the other two potential Westwind jets we will be leasing will hold out until end of March this year. This will secure at least 1 year of operation 35-40 hours per month per aircraft.

cheers

RENURPP
16th Jan 2009, 21:24
You don't need TCAS to operate in RVSM airspace here. In which country/ies is that arepuirement?

DoctorPhill
21st Jan 2009, 05:46
EMB120ER if your referring to vh kns it is online with Pelair and once again has no TCAS. I believe that it is permanently on standby for medivacs and does operate in RVSM airspace, I could be wrong though.

sleeve of wizard
21st Jan 2009, 06:14
You need TCAS to operate in India.:E