PDA

View Full Version : Capital Airlines Nigeria; A Fraud??!!!

LongJohnThomas
13th Jan 2009, 08:18
Happy new year all,
It is with a sad heart that one has to tell you all this story, but it must be told.
Mr. Amos Akpan, former Managing Director of Fresh Air and current MD of Capital Air, just maybe in the fraud business!!!
In September of 2008 he manipulated two Nigerian pilots both resident in the UK, to proceed on recurrent training in Brazil at their own expence promising a refund once they returned to Nigeria.
Unfortunately, what Amos did not tell them was that he had no AOC and that the Airplane on ground was leased from Naturelink South Africa.
Apparently, the airplane had been grounded due to non-payments at the time.
Previously, they had operated on the AOC of Associated Airlines.
Since their arrival from Brazil in October of 2008, neither Pilot has received any re-reimbursements for the expences incurred abroad and to make matters worse, no salaries have been paid to either of the two.
Both have been left high and dry and blackmailed into flying their recently acquired EMB-120 which belongs to BankPHB.
The story is that the Airline is financed by the Bank. Meaning that unless the bank releases money, the airline cannot function.
After many promises, the AOC was acquired about 2 weeks ago.
The pilots have incessantly been made to fly without a cent owed to them both.
One would think that NCAA as a regulator, would look into the activities of these fraudulent carriers??:eek:
This should serve as a WARNING to those gullible enough to be manipulated into thinking there is some type of hope in that carrier.:=
They are unprofessional, heartless liars and have a crowd of old WT farts (The 'Tin Gods').
Daily operations are funded from sales of previous flights and salaries are nowhere in sight.
One of the pilots recently returned to the UK, as he described it, 'My mortgage is not paid with promises'!!!
Should you be approached, and this goes for South Africans especially, maybe you should ask those who were positioned in Lagos by Naturelink.:ugh:
BE WARNED!!!!:ouch:

B737Winglets
13th Jan 2009, 09:46
Well,
I had initially published a thread on this but i see that you are better informed LJT.
It's a pity that this still happens in our backyard!
These jokers need to be sent out of the industry. Where in the world are pilots meant to fly without getting paid? ONLY IN NIGERIA!!!
This trend has to stop at some point!
Unfortunately, those we look up to to defend our rights, are the same one's that betray us!
Very sad story indeed.
What goes around, comes around!
I hope the pilots have learnt something and are getting their hides outta there??!!!!!
SAD!!!!:ouch::ugh::=:mad:

flareout BC
13th Jan 2009, 13:19
I mean, to think Arik have UBA, or is it FBN, bawling that they financed four NG737s and the A350 for Arik, and here's a potential carrier struggling for breath trying to serve a city run by the debonair Governor Bukola saraki? Beats me, really

Flying Bucket
13th Jan 2009, 17:02
I dont think its about the Banks, rather, organization and the ability to play in a game only reserved for the 'BIG BOYS'!
These Geezers obviously think Aviation is a game for the shallow and narrow minded.
My heart goes out to those pilots who have given their trust and have been failed over and over again.
I can only imagine what that has done to their finances???:sad:
This is something that should be reported. Although we all know nothing will come of it.:mad:
It is the perogative of the operator to treat its crew as they feel in our dear country and nothing can be done about it.
In a civilized society, those pilots would own that airline by now!!!!
Four months unpaid????? Like you said, ONLY IN NIGERIA!!!!:yuk:
God help us all!!!!:{

ak6181
13th Jan 2009, 17:30
Ljt,
You picked the right header for these people.
I worked for the first regime of Capital; It's not too difficult to see those who aren't serious about business.
It looks to me like that name must be cursed! This happens to be the third regime of management, and yet, they still can't seem to manage?
When will our people learn? Very sad a story to read.
I think this should be taken up with NCAA.
Quoting you, It is a prerequisite for an AOC to formally display an ability to pay staff and carry out ops for 24 calendar months without recourse to the airplanes sales.
This is pitiful, only goes to show that we're still in the 'AGES' of cutting corners.
WT tin gods, thats a laugh....
Their days are over. Even if we all stopped flying for the next 10 years waiting for them to leave, the last of them will be gone by then.
It is sad though, very.:}

merlinxx
13th Jan 2009, 18:54
How the hell can anyone of you think the NCAA cronies will do anything:ugh:

Did anyone do anything about OKADA, or the Chief's son, that is until he got caught with the NAA dosh:ugh:

For history, read today, tomorrow and for ever more:ugh::ugh::ugh:

B737Winglets
13th Jan 2009, 19:15
For our sakes,
Lets hope thats not the case.
Everything in life has it's own time. Likewise the Aviation industry in Nigeria.
This will NOT continue forever. At a stage, when things have reached the absolute bottom, there'll be no choice but to look upwards.
HOPEFULLY!!!!!

nuclear weapon
13th Jan 2009, 20:21
Ljt thanks for the info hpefully lets hope they wont be able lure more eager pilots into thier traps.

NIJASEA
14th Jan 2009, 05:22
I really feel for the guys who did their training. 1st, have they flown in Nigeria before? 2nd, How in Gods name do you fly for over a month with no pay...:confused: I personally would never fly for over a month and not get paid and still fly. Worst case is you collect money per sector (Adhoc) prior to departure coz if they board pax they need you more than you need them at that time. So they fire you big deal you were not getting paid anyway. I have seen it done in Nigeria. By the way was Capital ever a serious company? Dont think so :=

LongJohnThomas
14th Jan 2009, 13:16
Just as we all expected, i have gotten messages form the 'accused' persons already.
No remorse, just arrogance!!!!
What a shame!!! Block heads!:ugh:

JMSP
14th Jan 2009, 16:01
This is why you need to work for guys that have been in the business for a while.
Word is that you can fly for these guys on their 120 but be contracted through Naturelink in South Africa.
At least you know you are going to get paid.
This might be the way to go, why not try.
Most of the delays Capital has was actually out of their control as they were waiting for an AOC, this however is no excuse to treat crew like asses.
The AOC has now been issued and hopefully things will be back to normal soon. Naturelink are still flying for them so there must be some hope.

Ali Baba
14th Jan 2009, 16:06
HA HA HA ,.....THIS IS NIGERIA MAN .YOU HAVE TO BE THE CROOK TO SURVIVE POOR THE VICTIMSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. BETTER WARNNNNNNNNNNN YOUR FRIENDS NOT TO MESS WITH CROOK BUSINESSMAN FROM NIGERIA.:mad:

Ali Baba
14th Jan 2009, 16:09
FORGOT TO SAY THAT THEY WILL FRY YOU WITH YOUR OWN COOKING OIL:ok:

Lynessa
14th Jan 2009, 16:10
Well said Ali Baba, I could not agree more.
JMSP, long time no see, you somments are so true, why would anybody want to work for a company which is in the most corrupt country in the world if you can be contracted through someone in South Africa and atleast know you are going to be paid. Some people learn the hard way.

jaalal
14th Jan 2009, 16:45
point of correction brother ,Nigeria is not the most corrupt country in the world,get your facts right.

LongJohnThomas
14th Jan 2009, 19:16
This happens every time.
Some cannot wait to get it off their chests that Nigeria is the worst place on earth.
Believe me, i have been to worse!
I will not point fingers, knowing that my thumb points right back at me.:D:=
But, thats by the way. The point still remains that they have conned our colleagues out of pocket and we all need to make sure others do not get done in the same way either by them or other nefarious characters lurking around the corridors of Aviation business in Nigeria, and elsewhere!!!
JMSP,
I quote, you refer to the issues been based on an AOC???
WHAT HAS THAT GOT TO DO WITH PAYING CREW!!!!
You want Pilots, prepare to PAY THEM!!! The administrative aspects of the business does not directly affect a line pilot. You have no AOC? Your cup of tea! The pilots will walk when they get bored of sitting and doing nothing!
You don't ask people to come to work for you when you have no intentions to pay them, or make them think they belong to a 'Family' constantly manipulating and deceiving them. These guys have families and mortgages and other responsibilities like you and i!!!!!!!!
Except you work for them on the Naturelink side; which i may say must be quite comfy, the locals don't stand a chance.
And its their country!!!!!!

Flying Bucket
14th Jan 2009, 19:30
I have to agree with LJT on this one.:D
Unfortunately, whatever monies owed those pilots have gone into the bosses pockets now and the bosses are sitting pretty having a laugh over it.
Like they say, life is not fair! I would add, especially in Nigeria amongst Nigerians.:ugh:
These freaks will get what is coming to them with time. Look at the Okadas, Kabos, look even at Bellview.
When an airline owes crew money, they hold blood money in their pockets!!!!:=
Sad, but true. What goes around, certainly comes around!:D
Lynessa; Nigeria is not as corrupt as yours!!!

B737Winglets
15th Jan 2009, 08:37
FB and LJT,
I think the best way to tackle this is to make a formal report about these freaks and follow it up with a law suit. It may take a year or so, but those guys need to recover their money off that airline.
I know a couple of lawyers that will make that happen if you need any help in that respect.
I happen to have worked with that slimy frog in fresh and never got any good feelings about him.
Our paths never crossed, but i heard a lot of disturbing things about the named individual.
You guys need to be careful with him though. A man who will ditch his boss to be a boss is a man to be careful with. That only means he will go to any lengths to get what he wants.
The greatest problem pilots have is they don't think like businessmen.
We are all very assuming and susceptible to sweet talk and manipulation.
Let me know if you guys need a hand. I would be glad to help.

Flying Bucket
16th Jan 2009, 09:34
Winglets,
Thanks for your input. I am sure if LJT has a need, he'll let you know.
I am not in direct contact with either of the Pilots, just heard the story as you did.
It is a shame i know. But that's how we treat each other in this neck of the woods. Cant stop it!
The urge to destroy one another is a natural thing amongst us.
Pity!:{

flareout BC
16th Jan 2009, 10:10
...then, they were never serious in the first place. They always meant to play on those guys' intelligence. Nevertheless, one cant help feeling pain for the system and by extension, even the Capital guys. Although few would concede the point, what's called into question is the way we all do things as a people...

Cowtown Pilot
16th Jan 2009, 13:52
This is all very interesting since i have someone wanting me to go on contract in Lagos. I will have to investigate this more, but one thing is certain: I won't budge until I have my salary deposited in advance. This is non-negotiable.

LongJohnThomas
17th Jan 2009, 09:25
Cowtown Pilot,
That would be wise!!!:D

NIJASEA
17th Jan 2009, 11:54
Guys how do you expect an airline to pay in advance its not done anywhere in the world. I understand this thread might suggest otherwise. If you cant trust your employer to pay you dont even attempt coz if they are tight on pay do you think they will splash out for proper maint checks?
Guys if capital offers you a job then make sure they pay for your type in advance, no one should type themselves and (Not too sure but i think NCAA does not allow an airline to tell you to type yourself). At least if they dont pay the first month you get a free type rating.

B737Winglets
17th Jan 2009, 12:05
Nijasea,
You have collected money in advance for flights before. I happen to be priviledged to that info.
Neverthelss, i agree that it's not done anywhere else in the world.
ANYTHING is possble in Nija!
Spoke to Ljt last night, he's pissed with you.
flareout BC,
It is very true, this is not an isolated event. It borders on us all as a nation. What we expect, accept an intend.
Hopefully, it will change someday.

Cowtown Pilot
17th Jan 2009, 14:35
Actually, this problem is not singular to Nigeria. I've flown contract here in the US and not been paid. Had the same thing done to my friends. The truth is, it can happen anywhere. Because of my past experience, I require payment upfront. That's just my policy, regardless if I contract in North American, South America or Africa. As we say in Texas: This ain't my first rodeo

My regards to the two chaps from the UK that flew to Brazil and completed training on their own funds. A lesson hard learned.

Also, thanks to all for the great info on Lagos and Nigeria. Still looking for operational input in terms of the flying.

NIJASEA
18th Jan 2009, 10:30
B737Winglets I have never collected a salary to fly in advance, but when I do Adhoc operations then it is based on a particular flight and not a standing contract to keep flying. Had fun then :ok:.

LongJohnThomas
18th Jan 2009, 11:30
NIJASEA,
I'm sure you did.
Looks like you're a bit tired of 'the real flying job' are you?:} Need more Landings i hear?:{
Give me a call if you can, OK?
B737winglets,
As for the plunkers in Capital, they Will be getting summons this week; Not to worry. We have put heads together to deal with this type of behaviour decisively!
This is one thing they have done, they will certainly regret.
They cant always get away with crap like this. These ones will serve as an example to others.
Let the games begin!!!:D

B737Winglets
19th Jan 2009, 13:01
It's about time ljt.
You guys should let em have it!!
That will serve them right and tell the others we wont take crap like that anymore.
The absence of the rule of law as is commonly quoted by our dear president, is one of the reasons for nasty and embarrassing stuff like this.
Distasteful disgrace!!
I think that company should be shut down!!!!

Flying Bucket
21st Jan 2009, 10:23
Ljt,
You will be glad to hear that i went snooping around these guys yesterday and got wind of their latest story.:eek:
Apparently, since your friend left the country the 5N aircraft has not left the ground.:ugh:
That should teach them to pay their crew in future, if they do get out of this one.:cool:
They are desperately running around like headless chickens looking for crew to use to make sure that airplane flies.
A serious mess these lot have gotten themselves into.:D
No-one seems to want anything to do with them. :=:yuk:
Shame.....:}
How's the law suit coming up?

LongJohnThomas
21st Jan 2009, 13:06
FB,
What goes around, certainly comes around mate!!!!:ok::D

A340Flyer
22nd Jan 2009, 20:11
These are serious allegations.
I guess we must be in paradise out here. To think that people can be so manipulative? Beats the hell out of me fellas.
Very disappointing to think that the only resolution to this problem is in court.
I wish you all luck out there. Happy landings.

Flying Bucket
25th Jan 2009, 13:03
Ljt,
Any news? I would like to hear how this ends?
PM me pls. Thanks.

LongJohnThomas
26th Jan 2009, 09:48
FB,
We are working hard on it.
Check your PM's.:ok:

B737Winglets
15th Mar 2009, 09:22
Ljt,
I thought you should know that the South Africans are in the process of repossession of their EMB120 due to non-payments.
Yesterday apparently, they attempted to leave with their airplane, only for it to by blocked down on the tarmac by a fire truck!
Capital seems to have resorted to guerrilla tactics; shame that this will further engulf Nigeria in the list of 'bad business' partners.
They don't seem to have the 'Capital' to run the business they intended. I wonder why they bothered in the first place?
:{:mad:

AVSEC
15th Mar 2009, 19:50
read all the posts.
my mouth is still open,no sounds comming out though.
AMAZING
Looks like the end is nigh innit?

LongJohnThomas
15th Mar 2009, 20:53
Winglets,
Thanks for the update.
Like i said before, what goes around, certainly comes around.
This is only the beginning for them. They still have several lawsuits coming up to cope with that threaten their very existence.
I cant wait to see their sad faces when the chips are finally down!!!! That, would be a great laugh!!
AVSEC,
Howdy? Have not heard your voice in these parts for a while; busy?
Anyway, my regards.
Cheers guys.

ARENDIII
15th Mar 2009, 21:12
Can anyone help?

LongJohnThomas
17th Mar 2009, 09:21
ARENDIII,
A Captain i obviously see, and 109+ posts on the prune; and you dont know how to start a thread? AMAZING!!!!

arajase
17th Mar 2010, 04:58
What happened to Okada Air

Francisods
31st Dec 2010, 17:29
I really don’t think you should bring up issues like this online when you can easy go to the management to talk things out with Capital Airlines Nigeria. For real, I know sometimes things could go off the hook and one would think of the best possible way to handle it but knowing the consequence of our actions matters a lot when we know that we can easily put other innocents at risk. Assuming a person of high post at Capital Airlines Nigeria is partial and selfish on a certain issue does that make everyone working under Capital Airlines Nigeria a SNAKE, CHEATER, or CORRUPT MINDED? Please Bro, think about it when posting complains and annoying issues on online. Posting such a thing online could really make everyone see the offender clearly but at the same time, you are putting the next innocent good brother that happen to be a friend to the offender at a high risk where the possibility of him experiencing what the offender may go through is certain… Believe me, this positing is really affecting huge customers today not only to Capital Airlines Nigeria but to businesses in Nigeria and Nigerian as a whole.

Safe!