PDA

View Full Version : RVR

davinchi
12th Jan 2009, 12:47
Hello,

Am I correct in thinking that you need all three segment RVRs for a LVP take off, and a CAT 3A you only need two (touch down/mid point) providing you do not exceed 60 KTS in the stop end section? My part a is not very clear, it indicates that the above is correct until I look at the effects of down graded equipment.

Down graded equipment: Midpoint or stop end RVR. Cat 3A approach= no effect.

I thought you needed the mid point RVR?

Any comments would be appreciated.

deltahotel
12th Jan 2009, 13:49
T/O. Start and mid point req. Stop end only if required for RTO.

Ldg. Touchdown req. Midpoint 75m min (unless in France when min RVR req).

Hope this helps

DH

No_Speed_Restriction
12th Jan 2009, 15:46
DH, since when is an RTO "required"?

Therefore all reporting points are valid and required according to my Part A (runway length requirements pending/check with your Part A for specific approval).

Secondly, as it is CAT 3A, one needs 200m,125m,125m (subject to runway length requirements otherwise 0m at the end if braking is sufficient not to require the end segment).

You must check in your Part A for your operator approved limitations just to cover yourself. it's easy to find in your LVP section.

Gary Lager
12th Jan 2009, 15:59
You may not need to use the stop end section of the runway for an RTO if your ASD is less than 2/3rds of the runway. Just like the example you give for landing. Same logic.

No_Speed_Restriction
12th Jan 2009, 16:13
An operator may specify that all segments must be reported and accounted for on runways of certain lengths which is why proper reading of one's Part A is important.

Henry VIII
12th Jan 2009, 16:52
TO - All correct
CAT III - Two different scenario :

RVR reports work on all the three points. - You need the relevent point(s) and in this case, according to EU-OPS, relevant means until acft runs faster than 60 Kts. Or more limiting according your company OM.
RVR sys is downgraded. It means that one or more reporting point does not work. In this case you can apply downgraded considerations according your company OM. EU-OPS states what you wrote.Ciao

Pontius's Copilot
17th Jan 2009, 07:41
If multiple RVRs are reported, then they must all be acceptable, as defined by your Part A.

If elements of the multiple RVR system are not available (downgraded equipment) all reported elements must be acceptable (as per downgraded equipment lists); if only single-point/manual RVR is reported, then it must be not lower than your touchdown requirement.

Pedro
19th Feb 2009, 20:14
For a LVP take-off, what would the minima be if the mid-point was unserviceable or when just two RVRs are given; threshold and stop-end.

In JAR-OPS-1 they write about "multiple" RVRs being required for a take-off in less than 200metres. What is "multiple"; more than one or three?

The above assumes edge lighting and 15m centre lighting.

Does runway guidance (as in Airbus) alter minima?