View Full Version : EBAN FBO survey 2009

ithaca
12th Jan 2009, 07:52
In the spirit of wild speculation long before the facts become clear ;), does anyone have any predictions for which FBOs will be the winners and losers in this year's EBAN survey...? Think it's due out at the start of February.

merlinxx
12th Jan 2009, 18:31
Are you trying to get on the right side of Miguel M ?

aviationga
12th Jan 2009, 22:18
There's only one winner for me- TAG @ Farnborough. OK the service may be a little inconsistant on busy days but the facilities are stunning :ok:

Denim and leather
13th Jan 2009, 05:04
Hi all,

I do agree there are the simply the best!

robash
13th Jan 2009, 08:44
Surely the survey isn't who's got the nicest terminal.....

merlinxx
13th Jan 2009, 11:01
It's not you are correct, they can have the most fantastic facility, but if your staff are ****e, then their service provision is going to be ****e. I know I've been buying FBO/Handler services for over 30 years globally, where there were none, I got folks to set them up, now you've got some of the best service provision in certain parts of the world that were lacking previously.:ok:

Those that knock them, should try and work their environment for a few days:ugh:

LearJ
29th Jan 2009, 09:11
Results out today with feb issue of EBAN Mag?

PPE
31st Jan 2009, 07:24
Has anyone seen the results,and care to post them.

The website stilll shows Decembers issue!

TheOtherSide
2nd Feb 2009, 09:33
Hello All

Results are below some very suprising ones (except the winner of course).

European Business Air News - FBO Survey (http://www.ebanmagazine.com/mag_fbo.html)

The Other Side.

Opsbeatch
2nd Feb 2009, 10:24
What a load of Pish!!!

OB

merlinxx
2nd Feb 2009, 13:56
You have a problem for what folks voted for ? If so voice your stuff now :ugh:

Opsbeatch
2nd Feb 2009, 15:30
Calm down sweetheart....who voted....?

OB

C550jockey
2nd Feb 2009, 15:37
Wouldn't dream of using Mallorcair at Palma.
Assistair are far more helpful and Astrid is simply stunning :)

CL300
2nd Feb 2009, 15:59
It would be interesting to have the total number of voters,

A fbo performance is not down to the tits of the CSR, If one visited the fbo on one of their bad day, the vote can be catastrophic and vice versa.

I personnaly do not think that TAG in FRN is the top one, but this is only based on my experience with them. TAG in GVA is far better in terms of performance ( IMHO).

What is really interesting is the fact that, if everyone who answered did it according to the instructions ie Fbo visited last year only, some countries are heavily represented other not at all.

This is the perfect example where the main city pairs are located, and this is reflecting our patterns...

no moscow though...LoL

learjet50
2nd Feb 2009, 18:02
The other side

I totalaly agree with you Mallorcair have always and will be the best Miguel and his team are the best

We shall have to have a moral boosting visit to LEPA to congratulate Miguel and his team personally

Simply Guys if your are going to LEPA use Mallorcair you wont be dissapointed

Miguel is still the top jockey and keeps his reins very tight on his FBO

Miguel if you read this Very well done you are the Best in FBO s as the survey has proven once again

Salute

ewe.lander
2nd Feb 2009, 18:04
Personally I'm just delighted Siggys Luton beat H'rods Luton. Signature = crummy building great people, H'rods = great building.....

Olbia get vote because they are efficient and......gorgeous (errr....girls that is)

TAG Farnboro - just bloody good. HOWEVER! next year I must remember to vote for the hero in Leipzig who is supreme (Carsten) :ok:

PPE
2nd Feb 2009, 18:07
How does this survey actually work? I have seen other FBO Survey results and they are mainly broken down, which gives FBO's the opportunity to see where they maybe failing/improving........ from all that I can see doesn't give you any information whatsoever, so to a degree its completely pointless!

merlinxx
2nd Feb 2009, 20:40
As said afore MM & the folks are the best, great to handled by a family, just like Service People in HAM:ok:

merlinxx
2nd Feb 2009, 20:43
Check out the criteria printed in EBAN, it was printed back last spring I think. Email them to find out.

G-SPOTs Lost
2nd Feb 2009, 20:58
Having been personally chased around the FBO at LEPA by paco with a voting form and a pen, I always take these polls with a pinch of salt. No doubt though mallorcair are very very good. Glad AVB at EGJJ got a shout very very good there as well

merlinxx
2nd Feb 2009, 21:51
Agree with you Aviation Beauport do a super job, even a lift down to the Mermaid for a quick stop:E

Flintstone
3rd Feb 2009, 00:41
I've no quibble with most of the top few but Mallorcair the best? Hmmmm.

TAG Farnborough? Naturally.

Beauport? No complaints.

Olbia though? You have got to got to be kidding. Tits and arse are all very well but if they can't be bothered to move them and provide a decent service (anyone else heard of the 50 Euro lemon?) they're not worth a thing.

All the result of some heavy lobbying by some people I feel.

Chippie Chappie
3rd Feb 2009, 08:38
But Flinstone, the Olbia gals LOOK good doing it. Your know that's what really counts in that part of Europe. :} I wonder how they managed to get people to vote for them :p

Yogibaboo
3rd Feb 2009, 08:40
Totally agree with you. Carsten in Leipzig is just awesome. I voted for him that year.

Arkwright
3rd Feb 2009, 09:10
Mallorcair, are good, TAG at FAB are very good, but Eccelsa Olbia????? :ugh:
Yes the Eccelsa girls look fine in those uniforms, but as for administrative ability.......the phrase involving piss-up's and brewery's spring to mind.

Signature Luton hampered by lack of investment.....new terminal and hangarage delayed, and car parking a joke, and their front reception area just shows how far a £50 B&Q giftvoucher will go......
All this means is Harrods are getting more work. It will be interesting to see if Ocean Sky's FBO will shake things up a little!

Flintstone, maybe you could have a word with Sophie and get the TAG uniforms changed......by the way the voting appears to work it would almost guarantee TAG first place in next years survey?
(Oh, and I'd LOVE to see Kim in an Eccelsa uniform........) :O

EASY 69
3rd Feb 2009, 09:28
Yes some good names/companies on the list some others not so good. But lets face it, this list is really about who you know and not what you know, always has been always will be.

G-SPOTs Lost
3rd Feb 2009, 19:15
(Oh, and I'd LOVE to see Kim in an Eccelsa uniform........)

Its a fairly unusual name, wouldnt be the same Kim that used to work at Swissport in Nice would it. (Doh.....just had image of Mike Jenvey rubbing his knees like Vic reeves :{ :{ )

Arkwright
4th Feb 2009, 06:26
I am aware of Kim and Lucinda at Swissport....Mike Jenvey can do as he wishes with that Kim, but leave my Farnborough Kim alone!

Flintstone
4th Feb 2009, 15:37
Mike Jenvey? Mike Jenvey?

Nobody here by that name. Try next door :E

0523 cov man
4th Feb 2009, 15:52
new fbo at coventry cvt
0523 covman

G-SPOTs Lost
4th Feb 2009, 17:54
Mike Jenvey? Mike Jenvey?

Nobody here by that name. Try next door

Whatever happened to Mike Jenvey - he was like the Galley, every time you looked around he was there!! :eek:

Flintstone
5th Feb 2009, 00:34
http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:qFEfy84jYwEbuM:http://www.virginmedia.com/microsites/movies/slideshow/top-ten-cross-dressing-characters/img_3.jpg

To paraphrase (Life Of) Brian's mum he was just a naughty boy who got sent outside.