PDA

View Full Version : Airline/Ground apprenticeships

Daleaholic
12th Jan 2009, 00:56
Hi there,
I'm currently in my second year of my second stint at college. Doing travel and tourism. However, I feel as though this is not doing me any favours in what I'm aiming for, to work at an airport or for an airline. The units covered are to do with UK attractions, the cruise market etc... Stuff which doesn't particularly interest me.

Are there any companies relating to aviation, airlines or airports which do apprenticeships? I prefer to be doing hands on work, hence I'm getting a bit bored of my college course (essay after essay about cruise ships).

I'm 18 now and 19 in February. Anybody recommend any companies to me?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Paul

student88
12th Jan 2009, 11:37
You're better off getting out there and gaining some experience. Try get a job with a handling agent and move on from there. These T&T qualifications don't really have much value. I worked in airline operations after a year on check-in and a year and a half as Cabin Crew. Good Luck whatever you do (Y).

S88:ok:

r44flyer
12th Jan 2009, 21:55
As above, perhaps look into becoming check-in staff, from which you can progress to dispatcher training and then perhaps on to operations.

Daleaholic
12th Jan 2009, 23:07
Have had a thorough look online today. Have sent a lot of emails to various ground handling companies at MAN. Not too confident about a job though as they seem to be a bit scarce at the moment!:sad:

I'll keep looking and applying though!:ok:

Thanks for the advice.