PDA

View Full Version : Twin IFR endorsment in NZ.

gsmob
11th Jan 2009, 22:39
Hello,

I am wanting to do my basic twin rating as well as a IFR twin endorsment. I have been looking at Eagle flight training at Ardmore because apparently they can do it without going through ASL and having to do another Flight Test. I am prepared to travel to get good training and like the idea of not having to deal with ASL. I would welcome any idea's people may have.

Thank You for any help,
George.

RadioSaigon
11th Jan 2009, 23:29
Unless things have changed dramatically over the last few years, if you are doing an initial MEIFR then you are going to have to deal with ASL at some point. Your initial twin endorsement will be signed-off by your instructor.

2yng2baJnr
12th Jan 2009, 00:39
If you have a SEIR then all you need is you twin type rating and a approved A-cat to convert you SEIR to a MEIR..but if you dont have a I/R then u must deal with the "lovely" people at ASL

c100driver
12th Jan 2009, 03:05
Do you have a reference for that?

Because all I can find is that ASL must do the initial ME IFR!

Cheers

Rich Pitch Power
12th Jan 2009, 07:15
I can confirm that certain examiners can lift the endorsement which then gives you a MEIR. It is a flight test with such an examiner and does not involve the nice people at ASL.

My reference for this is the flight examiner who is going to lift my endorsement at some stage......

As stated in an earlier post within the thread ASL have to do the initial IFR issue whether it is single or multi, once they have their $500.00 or so from you they lose interest in your wallet and allow a more experienced and no doubt reasonable examiner to complete the task...

RPP

wildpudding
12th Jan 2009, 07:25
Part 61/AC 61 isn't very specific about does the flight tests except an 'appropriately qualified flight examiner'.

As far as I'm aware the initial issue has to be done with ASL. If this is in a single engine aircraft then the conditions stipulated in your logbook sticker when you pass will be for single engine or centerline thrust use only. Then this can be upgraded to a multi-engine, non-centerline thrust aircraft by doing a check flight with a GA examiner.

This is what I did.

6080ft
13th Jan 2009, 07:52
rich pitch power - well said!

It comes as no surprise to me people are still trying to avoid ASL!

Have things got any better at ASL since B.C left?