PDA

View Full Version : Air Mauritius Crisis

UAU242
11th Jan 2009, 18:20
Hi to all. I have started this thread to get people's take on the current crisis at Air Mauritius. I've read an article saying that up to 50 flight crew will feel the effects in terms of cancelling of contracts, part-time employment and pay without leave. How long can we expect this situation to last and is there any hope for anyone hoping for a career at MK?
A partnership with Qatar Airways has also been reported. Anyone with any thoughts or news on this?

Freedomfighter
11th Jan 2009, 20:25
Hi UAU242, unfortunately there won't be any recruitment this year at MK this crisis will last for a minimum of 2 years. They will probably sell the Air Mauritius building Le Paille en queue Court in Port Louis if Manoj Ujoodha does not find a way of out of this terrible contract of fuel hedging this weekend in Paris (CEO will be fired of course) . No one will buy his fuel twice the actual price for the coming weeks in order to recover partially...They will be 2 A340s grounded for a while or go for rental .. Capt Banymandhub said no choice some of them will have to find another job somewhere else unfortunately.Mr Buckhory and Mr Muleya left the company last week but there might be 1 ou 2 more this week. This is what we call in french '' Effet papillon '' ...

ALTCRUISE
11th Jan 2009, 22:03
Well, it seems the rest of the world has finally caught up with AIR MAURITIUS, and has ended up being a smack in the face with a wet fish in the GLASS TOWER!

Rumour has it that they "hedged" their fuel price per barrel on the wrong side of the drag curve ( who would have thought it to be priced where it is now?) causing the numbers to be rather large in the wrong column of the accounting manual :-)

This I believe has caused the pending resignation of the CHAIRMAN of the BOARD, as well as the MD...or GM....not sure about the latter?

Also, I believe, they will not be renewing the present lease on NAU ( one of the older A340`s)....and there will be a rotation of the other 340`s for a "C Check"....in effect taking TWO 340`s off the schedule for the forseeable future!

Up until recently, there was no real threat of EXPATS "NOT" having their contracts renewed, unless you annoyed one of the locals....but now ??????

Interesting times....!!!!

Daftpunk2008
12th Jan 2009, 18:34
Hi everyone!!!
Any information about the cadets who are at 43airschool???
Do you think they will get a job with this crisis???
A++

mkdreamliner
13th Jan 2009, 13:43
Hi guys!

Been waiting for someone to start this thread since long! MK is in deep deep ****!

Well whatever i'll be writing is what i heard/read from the media:

It's confirmed that 50 pilots wont have their contracts renewed .. i believe most of them will be expats. Career with MK right now?? I don't think so .. all recruitment has been freezed until MK gets out of the crisis .. which according to experts will take 2-3yrs if the right people occupy the right place.

As for the partnership, i has been said in the media that contacts have been made with Singapore airline and one arab airline which I believe should be Quatar .. how far this is true nobody knows!

As for the cadets .. there are no more cadets in 43 .. all of them are back!What they are doin .. i dont know!

Captain_djaffar
14th Jan 2009, 13:11
Bin out high political executive nominees first rather than pilots...

Foxtrot_Lima_Mike
16th Jan 2009, 08:48
Mr Buckhory: Complete idiot !! F$%%$# prick !! Excusez mon francais !

'Zis bon pou coupe riban ek tire photo' !!

It's sad at the end of the day. Hopefully, crucial positions will now be offered to people with very high aviation experience. Not to those who only care about how sharp they look in a suit.

I have hope the Paille-en-queue will rise again. When? Thats the question!

Safe landings.

planecrazi
23rd Jan 2009, 15:53
I really appreciate the article by a MK pilot in the newspaper...

Please would post the article or the link.

Thank you

Pitch&Fan
24th Jan 2009, 13:59
Tough situation for the chaps at Air Mauritius!

Hang in there Okes, this will probably blow over, and things should return to normal again fairly soon. Air Mauritius is important to the government, and I can't see them taking any genuine, long-term scale-down actions.

Hope I'm right to be optimistic.

Sterkte!!

P&F

UAU242
29th Jan 2009, 15:24
hope you are right Pitch..i understand the consultants report about the hedging contract was meant to be out last week and is now to be next, can someone confirm this? trying to read the french papers but my french is not so good these days!

Duffb
23rd Feb 2009, 08:16
I have been told all expat contracts that are due are not being renewed. Sounds like the normal third world story, the locals stuff it up and the expats have to go so the useless can keep their jobs.

This is nothing new in aviation, get used to it.

Ibhayi
23rd Feb 2009, 09:45
Fuel was hedged at $140 per barrel.

Captain_djaffar
23rd Feb 2009, 11:28
:* $105 I believe

PhoenixDC
23rd Feb 2009, 11:42
SAA CEO might be available to show MK how it's done!?

PlaisanceDog
25th Feb 2009, 17:32
US$ 105 per barrel and hedged for 2 years without an exit clause:ok:.
This is the cofin Air Mauritius has ordered for itself.:(
From what I read from the Mauritian newspaper,the ill-fated Chairman was told, "You are a lawyer! what u know of Hedging?" :}
Will anyone succeed to save Air Mauritius? :ugh:

Jet Cockpit
25th Feb 2009, 17:48
Hi fellows! Just want to express a general feeling of insecurity and disappointment amongst expat pilots in Air Mauritius.
What we initially thought as rumours in the beginning is actually shaping to be a dreadful truth: Yes it has been confirmed that several of expat pilots contracts' (ongoing for several years now) will not be renewed. This has come as an enormous shock to various loyal and faithful employees.
The reality here is that we will be facing the consequences of an incompetent and corruptible management. Fair enough major airlines around the world have taken their toll from the economic recession but an overstaffed and greedy management have just ploughed it deeper.
Nothing against the island and its people:
Air mauritius has an overall efficient team of flight crews for a company of its size. I can state loud and clear that this is mostly thanks to the presence of foreign pilots in the company. It is no mystery that foreigners make up almost 60% of pilots in the company. The breed of Mauritian pilots tipped to fly the company high is indeed of mixed ability. Obviously this is due to a massive political stronghold in the company. Most of the Mauritian recruits are amateurs in the sense that they take up the profession to be called pilots... they don't really have a passion for flying as such which is sad and pissing off!! Leaks suggest that there will be more intakes amongst the locals.
Listening to captain sullenberger recent comments will shed more light regarding this current politics of airlines.
What people of the flying community should understand is that we all operate within a very small airspace and rumours spread like fire. Treating expats in this fashion will definitely catalyse this propaganda. This wouldn't leave the Mauritian pilots(:ooh: politicians) with a very good reputation wouldn't it?

I urge pilots(true) from the world around to continue/start a new thread so we expose better our current plight and get out of it.

Safe Flying (To those who have a stable job):ok:

PlaisanceDog
25th Feb 2009, 17:57
Excellent words Jet Cockpit. :ok:
I think in 250 Pilots at MK, 200 are expats. So,the cream of pilots will be sacked first.:yuk:
If u are a family/caste member of Prameel, or in the white click/group of Roddie the tallest, or circumcized and a fanatic of Toutourally, or perhaps if u are Vaish and simply live around Triolet, rest assured your name is on Schindler's list! :yuk:
Their missiles will hit any target who is a danger to them or a 'menace' to their empire of closed pilots.:sad:

Is MALPA not telling anything in that?:mad:
Hey guys,when you think of it, an x-air hostess with her teams of Syndicates is representing the movement to condemn Mismanagement.:D
It was funny to see some 300 MK staff shout 'Ujoodaaaaa....dehorrrrrrs!!!!' on the streets of Port Louis the other day.:p
Where were the pilots and MALPA that day when today, we hear more than half the pilots of the company will be sacked soon? :zzz:

mkdreamliner
25th Feb 2009, 19:00
I fully agree with jet cockpit that the problem at air mauritius is mismanagement, political interference and MK is definitely overstaffed at the management level.

However, it's not true to say that ALL mauritian recruits are amateurs or backed by politics := They got their licenses through flight training and the required CAA exams just like you did. True some start with no airline experience but I believe most airline companies are favoring locals and giving them a chance to start a career as a pilot. And I believe they go through a selection process with HR and MK chief/training captains .. I do not think these guys would recruit someone with no interest in flying. Note that the last selection exercise was carried out by 43 Air School .. I do not believe that 43 Air School staffs were influenced by politics.

It’s always sad not to have the contracts of the expats renewed because they had their contributions to the company. However, currently some aircrafts are grounded and flight frequency reduced .. so what do we do with the excess pilots?? Some will say why not sack the Mauritian pilots but remember it’s cheaper to have the locals.

True the problem faced by expats is all linked with the hedging problem and mismanagement .. guys be it MK or any other companies I believe the same would have happened. It’s all about getting the Pailles en Queue back in the sky now and if this means reducing the fleet, expats, cutting jobs .. it will be done .. else MK will be history in a few months.

Sad though those responsible are still enjoying their end of month salaries .. :ugh:

PlaisanceDog
25th Feb 2009, 19:11
MKdreamliner,
What the F***? :confused:
Are you pro-management? :mad:
You definitely seem a frustrated and MK obcessed chap! :{
Jet Cockpit is right in many ways! :ok:
Get a life! :8

mkdreamliner
26th Feb 2009, 03:12
Plaisancedog

NO i am not pro-management!If you read my post carefully you would have noticed that already.

I just believe we should not look only at one side of the picture and believe in everything we hear.

PlaisanceDog
26th Feb 2009, 04:27
Eta MKdreamliner,:mad:
Stop putting your emotions here for such a company! :=
Corruption and Political nominees have brought Air Mauritius to its doom days.:(
Can u imagine that a guy who was working in a Tobacco factory became the CEO of an airline?:eek:
And the bonus,he does not know anything about flying business and received the dog medal called GOSK!:ok:
So why siding in favour of these poor people?:ugh:

If you are already an MK employee, just like Top Management usually says about anyone who dares to say or write anything on them in the press,you will be classified as a misguided employee and suspended on the spot.:yuk:
And if you are not in MK, it's already a very good thing! Take a hike!:8

PD for someone who's been on this site for little more than a week I think it's a little rich carrying on as you are. This forum is for open conversation & if you tell another member to "take a hike" or "get a life" that is what you will be doing. The choice is yours. 4HP

PlaisanceDog
26th Feb 2009, 09:52
Thanks 4HP for the pointing.:ok:
I will consider and censor! :)

Foxtrot_Lima_Mike
26th Feb 2009, 09:59
I had 'supposedly' a meeting with the chairman, sorry the ex-chairman, a few years back...Jesus :confused: !! If we're represented by individuals like such, I think Mk's lucky to have lasted that long!

Getting rid of expats 'sera le coup-d'grace!'. Air Mauritius....entirely operated by mauritians! Can u imagine such a thing? No harm intented, but ok, you can buy yourself training, you can even buy yourself a shiny suit, even better, find a way in....but experience mate, you just can't buy.

I had the chance of flying an Mk A340 Captain around...and he said: Why are you not flying for us? :) That was my answer. I don't know how the locals fly, but what I can say is that there are a good bunch of us flying overseas, not because we couldn't get in Air Mauritius, no, because thats what we want to do...fly...thats why....Still always good to hear: Great flight, he showed us his Mauritian Magic ! :ok:

PlaisanceDog
26th Feb 2009, 10:23
Hi FLM,
I guess u are right.:ok:
Too bad that the local cadets are sitting home and not doing flying stuffs.:(
The Cadet thing is now something of the past and getting into MK is Mission Impossible.:E
Hey what aircrafts u fly around?:)

Captain_djaffar
26th Feb 2009, 10:28
I don't doubt the abilities of all mauritian pilots, however I do agree with you on many points.

A company managed entirely by mauritians?
Even if I am mauritian, this seems absurd.
Mk will run into a more corruptible organisation.

The whole problem lies with the politicians.

Haven't heard anything from Malpa.
If it's me the outdated, please can someone provide updates?

PlaisanceDog
26th Feb 2009, 10:51
From what I read from a previous newspaper of Le Defi Plus on MK palabes,:mad:
the CEO gets a monthly salary of Rs800,000 and the same lucky man did get a productivity bonus of Rs1,200,000.:D
The EVPs productivity bonus as said on a radio programme in Radio Plus ranges up to Rs1,000,000.:D
Good job guys! :D
Finne bien amizer,faire jalsa and maja karo! :E
But why is MK sinking down today and begging for charity to the government? :suspect:
Fat Cats of Top Management are 'soutirer' by the Government.:oh:
We pay taxes and this public money from 'laker sat' is injected into MK in hope to pull it out from its very very very bad state! :(

Doodlebug2
26th Feb 2009, 16:04
Thought there was a similar thread running? Why waste your breath?

beechbum
26th Feb 2009, 17:31
PD, I think you've already been warned by the moderator once so cannot see your point about starting a new thread when what you are saying is a repeat to what already exists.
By the way your command of the English language makes it quite difficult to understand what you are on about anyway!
C'est vrai non?

PlaisanceDog
26th Feb 2009, 17:57
Yes, you might be right in some way. :ok:

Jet Cockpit
26th Feb 2009, 18:20
I think it would be very nice if we keep this thread professional and readable with comments from various instead of a single person making unnecessary noise. We don't want low timers making noise here.
There will be some minor turbulence ahead within the company. Major points to be noted:
1.Seems like there is going to be some activity within the Pilot syndicate body: Again following the traditions of the company, race/religion is most likely to dictate the outcome. And the winner is...
2.How happy is management with the interference of the Tourism Minister? That will undoubtedly spark some fire in the short run.
3.May sound ridiculous at this stage: It is nearly confirmed that Air Mauritius will be spending a couple of millions on some local recruits for training (You'll understand why if you just study the surnames involved). But does it sound viable considering the current climate? Is it worth even considering them --> their training history says it all?

PlaisanceDog
26th Feb 2009, 19:12
Finally,here is some voice in this thread!:D

Let's talk as professional pilots :
1. Why u think there will be some voice soon when we all know that MALPA are 'yes man' people to Management? :rolleyes: There are rumours that some Mauritian pilots were in trouble recently and MALPA was always quiet. :suspect:

2. The Tourism Minister was given the Air Mauritius file as the Prime Minister is himself too embarassed with this problem, and elections in constituency number 8 and soon, the general elections, are priorities. So, Management is obliged to abide to the government's orders and whether they are happy or not, it makes no difference. :rolleyes:

3. Yes.The poor okes from 43 Air School again :ugh:.Before SBM takes legal action with these fellows, MK is obliged to abide to the rules of their contract. Maybe someone can shed some light here about this I hope.
We all know the names of those cadets and is it coincidence that one name is even found in the parliament? , :rolleyes: Just to summarize, no one cares if MK will invest n loose millions in training in hard days. :rolleyes:

And the expats as usual will keep quiet and watch without any power. Where is your Expat Syndicate body gone in hard days ahead? :yuk:

Hope this is not too much noise for sensitive ears. I am trying my best to be helpful here guys.:)

mkdreamliner
27th Feb 2009, 04:06
Guys the root of the problem here is politics just like captain_djaffar said. As long as inappropriate people operate the company, MK will face problems. This is the main thing that should be dealt with to get the company operate efficiently. Get the right people there and let the company operate without political influence.

As for expats, like I said before it is sad things are going this way but aircrafts are being grounded and flight frequency reduced so what do we do with the excess pilots? What would you propose PlaisanceDog if you had to deal with this problem knowing that your aim is prevent further loss?

The next thing for MK is long term investment so that the company is better prepared when the worldwide economic situation gets better. And I believe this is the logic behind getting the locals in. Furthermore, it is the objective of the company to get more locals in and you should be happy about that unless you are not a Mauritian. The few millions spent on the cadets cannot be considered a wastage, it is an investment. As for the names, well guys we are mature enough to understand that aviation is no place for amateurs and certainly not in an airline. If these guys are there it is because they were found suitable to be offered the opportunity to start a career as a pilot.

PlaisanceDog I used to think the same way as you are today. But will come a day when you will realise that 80% of what you hear is bull****. So do not jump to hasty conclusions. I respect what you think and say but it might not be the truth.

Captain_djaffar
27th Feb 2009, 04:16
Hi Pd,

1. Why u think there will be some voice soon when we all know that MALPA are 'yes man' people to Management? :rolleyes: There are rumours that some Mauritian pilots were in trouble recently and MALPA was always quiet. http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/cwm13.gif

2. The Tourism Minister was given the Air Mauritius file as the Prime Minister is himself too embarassed with this problem, and elections in constituency number 8 and soon, the general elections, are priorities. So, Management is obliged to abide to the government's orders and whether they are happy or not, it makes no difference. :rolleyes:

3. Yes.The poor okes from 43 Air School again :ugh:.Before SBM takes legal action with these fellows, MK is obliged to abide to the rules of their contract. Maybe someone can shed some light here about this I hope.
We all know the names of those cadets and is it coincidence that one name is even found in the parliament? , :rolleyes: Just to summarize, no one cares if MK will invest n loose millions in training in hard days. :rolleyes:
now these are nice statements and questions

now these are interesting statements and questions.
Well btw, are you a pilot...student...or ?
if yes...you work for which company?

Mkdreamliner...i do agree with you on the fact that if aircrafts are grounded, definitely jobs will have to be compact and limited.
However the approach towards this manoeuvre is unfair,certainly, but it is quite logic that expats will be shown the exit way first.
That's a shame though.

Nearly £20,000 per month for the CEO, that's where they should have been cutting on first.

cheers.

PlaisanceDog
27th Feb 2009, 06:11
Finally some blood in the veins of the dead thread of MK! :E

To answer your question on my identity, I don't have to answer it because we are all professional pilots here or wannabees.We respect each other in secrecy.:suspect:
So, no ways I will tell you who I am coz u did not tell me who you are either.:E

But I do have respect for the guys who have made constructive information here, be it RaviMK,UAU and a very few more just to mention. But I don't have any emotions for ill-fated MK! :*
And believe me,they were never bull****ting coz the things they contributed helped many people get into MK today. These same people are here and reading these lines.I assure you!:D

How can MK be saved?:ugh: This is not my problem and I will not come here and do politics of the company.I will certainly inform and tell the rumours walking around Plaisance.:ok:
Coz I am PlaisanceDog! :)

There are indications of panic in the pilots Syndicates and there is big dispute ahead. I overheard that MALPA is not in good terms with some people these days.:suspect:

I have followed MK religion for long time enough.But the way things are today,no ways there is a chance that a pilot will not loose its job. The newspaper already said that the public money will make it survive till end March. Then,we don't know what's ahead.:sad:

Interesting that both expat and local pilots are imposed indirect 'lev paker aller' (translation : get the hell out of here if you are a revolutionary pilot with good intentions), VRS, 2 years leave without pay, end of contract and bye bye, reduced benefits and duty travel, reduced benefits as per Mem. of Understading etc.:D

There are rumours that MALPA is getting jumpy with these forcings but still 'p tal zot gros derriere' (translation : sitting down very nicely on their non-ejectable seats). :oh:
As for the expats, you shout, then, YOU GO! :rolleyes:

Captain_djaffar
27th Feb 2009, 06:46
well if you read my previous posts you would have an aperçu of what I do.
And frankly, I really do not have any intention nor am I interested in knowing who you are. Forget about it.;)

I have followed MK religion for long time enough.

out of curiosity, it's when your priesthoodship?

PlaisanceDog
27th Feb 2009, 06:52
Priesthoodship? what the :mad: is that? :confused:
If u want it,you'll get it! :O
Consider it today man! You are invited.Be my guest with pleasure! :8

raviMK
28th Feb 2009, 07:14
Dear guys/Gals..
Thanks a lot for the huge numbers of PMs I received and which I will not respond concerning MK issues..
I no longer form part of the MK family and it's sad to see all the hard work we've done here going down the ladder..
I felt obliged to delete the last ab-initio pilot scheme 2008 thread as it was weird to continue the debates on a thread with a non-existent title..
The best pilots at MK are gone,going and will be forced to go with the present situation of the company that is not inspiring trust and job security to anyone..
There are shocking stories that have been reported to me through PMs and I will not answer anything on behalf of the information I received which confirms the true side of it..
I encourage wannabees to freeze their plans to get into MK at this stage..
It is perfectly normal that local and inexperienced pilots will soon be invited to join since Management is getting rid of all expats (first, those who would certainly rebell) and a few locals as well (through made up arguments), therefore,this will create some vacancies..
But beware of the conditions of employment as I have been advised that the recent intakes have signed a very discriminating agreement..
I also congratulate a very brave pilot who made constructive suggestions on a recent article I read on Judgement Day..
It's nice to hear he is onboard here in UAE and shinning..
I think the Mauritian dream is today a nightmare and most good people I once knew in Air Mauritius are all busy packing up..
Hope this thread still serves its purpose to inform and create awareness..
Happy landings and see you all..
RaviMK..

777Contrail
28th Feb 2009, 07:23
I've been following this thread on the sideline and I must say, I hardly understand what the dog's bark is meant to mean!?

Sounds like it's fishing for info.

Barking up a tree, be it wrong or right!

Simply don't know, it's too confusing!

p.s. Before you claim that English isn't your mother tongue or first language. It isn't mine either.

PlaisanceDog
28th Feb 2009, 10:51
Woof Woof! :}
I like to bark and I can bite! :ouch:
Hi RaviMK. Thought u were dead but u are alive.Thanks Jesus.:)
There are rumours that the Human Resources Office at Plaisance made a cosmetic meeting with the poor okes from 43 Air School lately.:suspect:

Just like politicians promise before elections,they were told that they are starting their ATR Courses in a few days.:D
Good work for these fellows.Your political backings and lobby was great! Keep the job in hand!:D
The HR people are very confused these days as they have printed many envelopes of End of Contract and Bye Bye letters.:ugh:
They may be feeling shy to give it in hand to the main parties as Management is too embarassed to dismiss more than 100 pilots this month.:ugh:
I hear that now,the pilots Syndicates want to participate in the next Air Mauritius Public Manifestation.:D
There are rumours that the CEO will resign soon.:suspect:
Pilots now can only wait for the tsunami to wipe off all the rubbish from Air Mauritius once and for all.:D
WOOF WOOF! :yuk:

PlaisanceDog
28th Feb 2009, 16:29
I wonder!
WOOF WOOF :hmm:
Qatar was hoping to get into Mauritius and the Government chopped them down since Emirates was already starting to kill Air Mauritius.:D
So now,when MK is dead and begging for financial aid,they seized this opportunity to propose it a solution by bailing it out, buy the necessary shares so that they can rule it and come to Mauritius.:ok:
This is news a few weeks back when MK started the fatal steep dive.This same news just came out from the recycle bins of Plaisance.:suspect:
I am a stray dog there and I get good stuffs in the bins.
But this negotiation was under the condition that all incompetent Managers,Management Pilots and influential nominees will be either broomed out or downgraded as Qatar was bringing the big guys to run their show.:D
Since there is politics and again the government favours the existing incompetent people that fly and rule MK,both refused and at the same time,they asked Air France to wait for a while.So,they just bought time.:8

What is true and which everyone is seeing and talking in Plaisance :
The expats will all be broomed out by batches and this is true.:yuk:
NAV and NAU aircrafts are already on their way out and being removed from Air Mauritius.;)
CEO went to France to negotiate the famous Hedging Contract and since there was no exit clause,he received a good kick in the but.He also went to Toulouse and himself and his Top Management were begging Airbus to cancel the new A330.They could not as the firm order and date of delivery conditions could not be altered and stopped.Too late as the aircraft is already on production line.:D
The 2 A319 are leased out shortly in Africa. They are contributing too much looses for the company.:yuk:
Since they advertised for crew and no one wants to work in this hell,they are forced to beg the locals to come forward now.Of course,we all know space is being done for the family members and those cherished by politics.:yuk:
43 Air School Training is thing of the past now and no Mauritians will ever be sent there.
Cheaper training schools are on the ajenda and the Singapore option is just a tender issue right now.:suspect:
The company is being downsized,part time work only and crew will not benefit anything free.:D
It will be fun to see who will dare work in such a place.:ouch:
Good luck Okes.You deserve it.:rolleyes:
WOOF WOOF

Captain_djaffar
28th Feb 2009, 19:01
'useless' getting a type on A319/20/21 now on...?

Nice for the locals.

So soon we sould be expecting fresh CPL holders in front of wide bodies.
Seems nice...hope the standard remains the same though.

I am still very skeptical how it will freshen the atmosphere and allegiate losses.

Infact I foresee management power overwhelming flight crews, and conditions would be 'Ryanaired'.

I prefer instruct for more years then come down.
Hope the situation becomes more favorable in some...let's say 5 years...:zzz:

Jet Cockpit
28th Feb 2009, 19:09
Hey PD. Seems like your sewage system is not providing you with your daily requirements fast enough. Airline Captain seems to be better informed:}
Thx for your "poor 43 Air school okes and newspapers" oriented comments tho. speaking of which there's some funny news about some ex 43 blooper suing the company. Will see how far he goes considering he couldn't even take-off.
Airline captain seems to be providing some really spicy news no one seems to be aware of.
Knowledgeable people out there, enlighten me plz.

PlaisanceDog
28th Feb 2009, 20:09
Humm.:D
WOOF WOOF
Jet Cockpit, I am sure you are just a piece of the thing floating in the pipeline you just described. :D
Your posting does smell as bad as you talk. :yuk:
Yeah,who does not know the 43 SBM batch poor okes.I am sure you are one of them and your uncle talked to the pilots to let you in.:{
Pity that public money will be used to fund your conversion and type rating.Try to make it as the company will burn fuel at $105 especially just for you.:ok:
Yeah,speaking of the 43 blooper suing MK,this is very interesting stuff.:eek:
I heard that long time back.
Heard he was leading the team and contesting Management in the beginning for some contract problems for his group.:suspect:
Heard DCA landed down in ops and are digging down some stuffs.The last Capt who flew with him was suspended under instructions from overseas due to Capt Error.Also heard some cover up stories that MK Senior Capts and MALPA have done.:suspect:
Strange to hear he is in Emirates today.:D
Talking of knowledgeable people,you are making a joke.:8
You are 'intellectuellement limiter' (think more plz)
Go back to your okes and ask ur uncle to keep you safe there.:E
Mind the dogs at the airport.You can get chased and hit by a truck!
Safe way! :=
WOOF WOOF

Jet Cockpit
28th Feb 2009, 21:47
I like the way you jump on to such rapid conclusions. Considering the high degree of professionalism and diplomacy required of Aviation Drivers, I believe strongly that you definitely aren't one (judging by cheap thinking).
All the best with your training. MK will not terminate your contract before it even starts!!!

PlaisanceDog
28th Feb 2009, 22:29
Thanks for the compliment!:D
Conclusion,no man.You made that conclusion.:=
My eyes are behind your back and funny that you are on the boat that leads you to ATR soon.:mad:
Hope it does not sink and you have a laminated contract and licence.
You are a very low thinker and ur remarks in previous posts is a disgrace when u yourself pretend to be in MK.:yuk:
I never got the chance to be there where u lucky nominees are heading.
Hope u are not that Brit guy using his mother's Mauritian passport to get into MK.:oh:
And again,you apply your last remarks to yourself.:D
Just because you and your okes have golden parachutes does not mean that you are safe in the skies soon.I will see you from the tower each time.:=
And read your contracts well before you bunch of dummies sign it.I heard MK is making a special deal with you okes.:ok:
That's a friendly piece of advice.:ok:
You are certainly going to be the googoo dolls.:ugh:
I will watch and bark down on the apron.
So mind the dogs again starring at you.:rolleyes:
Safe skies.
WOOF WOOF

Captain_djaffar
1st Mar 2009, 01:31
Why having a username as PlaisanceDog seemingly gives you the attitude of one?

Come on...stop bashing on everyone uselessly.
If you want to contribute intelligently ...first start by believing you are not superior than anyone else here in this forum.

Jet cockpit, any more precise news on the 43 air guy in question?
Any information on what ground he was fired exactly?

Captain_djaffar
1st Mar 2009, 05:31
:D Good luck....that's achievement.

pursue till the end.

raviMK
1st Mar 2009, 06:35
Hi Guys/Gals..
It's with great apprehension that I read the recent postings here on MK..
PlaisanceDog, your information here are somewhat positive and explains many things..But you cannot take the personal matters of a Professional Pilot and write these here..The small community of Mauritian pilots around the world reads everything here and you might face the risk of being retraced..
It's for your own benefit and no hard feelings..
At least,there are well wishers here who want to help the locals to get into MK and let them pursue their work and vision..Thank you guys..
From the confidential information you have exposed here,I understand you are having access in the DCA meetings..Please don't play around there as I have close friends telling me that there is an international investigation going on concerning the dismissal of that specific pilot..Rest assured that he did not do anything wrong in flying..MK simply asked him to pack up and leave..He reported disturbing events in his flights and the DCA,NTSB and IFALPA are following his case and let them do their work..
I received shocking information that 3 cadets were removed in similar ways..
MK is using the strategy of delaying tactics from what I was told as the matter has turned out to take a legal dimension..
I was informed from authorities that this specific First Officer has gone through unfair conditions which I will not discuss..
I don't think Air India needs his competences..He is here in Emirates and at the surprise of all,doing a great work..
Guys,don't muck around..If you have any questions and settlements with anyone,I will be happy to assist you..but don't create problems for anyone here..
Best regards and all the best to all the Mauritians out there..
RaviMK..

Jet Cockpit
1st Mar 2009, 12:08
Hi 2 all! Feels good to know that a certain standard of professionalism still exists here.
About:
1. Plaisance Dog's comments
Couldn't be anyone else. RaviMk is right.Doesn't take long to find out about people's history. Btw I really regret not being able to have flown the ATR before starting on the big ones. Apparently its a better turbotrop to the one I flew.Sigh.
2. Ex 43 Guy:
I think we have opposing views here Ravi Mk. We all know his name. Poor training history in SA and on the ATR even though MK tried their best to retain his services. Key person here is India Sierra (Minister of sthing) who helped the nephew get in. Anyways during line training through continuous hints from Flt Ops and others he was still messing up. The main argument is that the mistakes he was making are virtually impossible taking into account the sophisticated system on the ATR. I mean how do you miss a runway?!!
Thats approximately what I can offer as information for now. But more to come. I really doubt him being in the Middle East at this stage.
3.Airline Captain:
No personal issues here: Why don't you try joining MK for now? Wide-body jet hours for 4 years then you can try greener pastures. Am sure it looks like a more viable option since line training at your company will be far more competitive and being a mauritian they would be a bit more lenient here. Not that I doubt your capabilities but just some food for thought.

Foxtrot_Lima_Mike
1st Mar 2009, 12:48
:EI need to tell you guys that I find it quite interesting and sometimes even amusing, all those comments/rumors you people post here.

Im mean seriously.....It started with political affiliations, went to the financial downfall of Mk, suddenly diverged towards 43, quick reciprocal towards some cadet whos now in court with Mk, quick detour towards SIA, Air France and even Cathay now popping up and again turning inbound towards politics....Jesus thats a hell of a holding pattern, maybe a new one, the Mauritian holding pattern :eek:

I'm going to talk for the rest of us here: Can we just stick to the point. All the bitching etc etc I know who you are, I've got eyes behind my back etc etc...Grow up people! I really don't know if you guys are licence holders, but let me tell you something: if you are capable of that kind of gossip; you must a hell of a crew member to have in the cockpit :E

Lets stick to whats relevant! Whats going at Plaisance and what should we expect in the coming months?

I like the idea of recruiting as many Mauritian holders as possible either cadet or self-sponsored. Wow, someone mentioned type-rating on the A340 even provided....April's fool? :E From what I've heard, MK is in no financial state of providing such things :confused: Whats the catch?

And again guys...lets stick to whats productive :ok:

raviMK
1st Mar 2009, 15:40
Hi Guys/Gals,
Before I continue again,provocative posting for some and quite some personal allegations..
Jet Cockpit, don't get in the habit of putting self-proclaimed opinions on people's private life..I made the same remarks for self-control earlier at some stage and hope it is food for thought for everyone here..Full Stop..
Unfortunately,we do not share the same opinion of the Pilot in question in the headlines..
I am discussing this story based on facts and evidences contrary to confrontations,associations and politicial linkages..
Let's remain in the title of the thread - Air Mauritius Crisis..
I had seen and planned things for the 2006 Cadets batch..I feel slightly attached to get a follow up once in a while for the hard work I once did..
I think you are not in a position to judge him here and not even anyone,considering that you are MK Crew and over-informed apparently..
I presume the allegations you politely stated are from feedbacks you had from the peers of the Pilot..I know all their stories and the worst ones too..
I learned that MK is very dissappointed to see the below Standards Performance of the entire batch..
This did and I think still does worry Training Captains,the DFO and Ops Seniors..
From occasional correspondence I get from FIMP controllers,it's till today a big stress when an ATR is seen on approach and short finals..
The Line Training itself is to be questioned,argument that many Crew have argued..
Not too nice to tell,but the MK Captains say that there will be some more surprises to come with the new ones..Keep discovering..
It is not something new to hear that the Pilot in question was not given a fair hearing in Flight Ops..Management successfully and quickly arranged to get rid of him with untold strories..
The Missed Runway story you made up does not stand good as there are no reported MORs..don't listen and print here..you know the rules of the company there..
I am highly interested in his story since I have confirmed news that IFALPA and NTSB are in enquiry with MK+DCA,and setting records right..
Apparently,some people are hiding and MK is now playing a very low profile with the actions of the Pilot..
Well,you can doubt of course and I agree with you..But he's here..Trust me on that..
The mystery that unfolds in this case is similar to that during the days where Ruslam R. was threatened and suspended for leading truth to higher authorities..
We cannot pronounce anything here but..yet..
We must follow the matter in Court and I am looking forward to that personally..
To take such an Airline to Court is something we must learn from for our own interests and appreciate as Supportive Mauritian Pilots..
I know many don't share this opinion right now but sooner you will think again..
The past has showed that some Pilots even applaused when a Mauritian Pilot was set up and shown the way out..
Matter to follow in Court..
Will keep posted..
RaviMK..

Me Myself
1st Mar 2009, 16:36
But here Mk did not even let me go through the psycho and interview.

Yeah mate, you would have scared the living s..t out of them. What is it like living in your head ??
Are you some kind of deap throat secret insider lurking in the parking lot ? How come no one still hasn't pegged a name on your profile yet. You might as well give your mobile number.
Anyhoo, what a can of worms. This place hasn't changed !!

ruffrider
1st Mar 2009, 18:50
:D Well said dude!
I couldn't have put it any better. I've been following this thread with keen interest and was wondering when someone was going to tell Airline Captain a few home truths! As FLM stated a few posts back.......lets "stick to whats relevent"and not let personal agendas get in the way. To Airline Captain (a bit presumptious I think), I say good luck in your future venture, I really wish you the best, but I also hope that the poor devils that hired you as a cadet pilot have even more luck...........I reckon you'll both need it! It's going to be hard for you!

PlaisanceDog
2nd Mar 2009, 04:58
WOOF WOOF
What a coincidence?
Slumdog Millionaire was banned in India and here in pprune,PlaisanceDog was banned too.
Will have to fish out my 8 oscars.

I was walking and running down the apron yesterday looking for a place to pee.These days,there isn't much space left when 5 MK aircrafts are sitting down idle.:ouch:
I won't be venturing too much around DCA now on as per warnings received here,I smell the traps will be waiting for me.:suspect:

A few clarrifications for benefit of doubt:

1. Who is ZP? Is it the nephew of the VPM (Minister Romeo Bravo)? Nice to see him in MK soon. The more,the merrier.:D

2. Airline Captain, can you check with your bosses in MK Ops Department Meeting and convince a dog like me if NAV and NAU were not leased when the 5 A340 joined MK long time ago in 1993? I was not born those days.Can you ask the bosses if a leased aircraft is having the colours of the Paille en Queue,it is considered company property.:confused:

3. Sniffing down in engineering Dept last night,I saw all the trainees were not there to give me left over food.What happened to them?:confused: I will bite the HR people if they have received Bye Bye letters.:} I was sniffing for a guy HSC holder with thick glasses and found out in the bins that he is paying for his own pilot training and going soon.Nice to hear everyone in engineering were conditioned to say that he has been selected to be a cadet in a high calibre airline!

4. If it's that easy,I will search for a cadetship sponsor contract in the cereal box each morning.:ok:

5. Airline Captain,all the best in your Training.:)
Give the wannabees more tips once there.Sincerely wanted to join you there.
One for you. WOOF WOOF:ok:
How was your selection done? Can you share with us how you succeeded with the tests? How many tests you did? Is it a 5 years contract after completion of training on 737? I always wanted to participate in that.Are dogs allowed?:E

6. Thanks to Ops Dept Meeting Relays established here live and direct now on pprune.All pilots,fake pilots and animals are well connected to big decisions inside MK.
Airline Captain, you said 20 fresh wannabees yearly, WOOF WOOF :ok:
The family members will now get equal chances to get into MK.After the Uncle as Captain,the nephew making his way on A330,MALPA and lobby for Captain to be,heard the other nephew in Joburg will be accomodated soon.:D
MK Pilots from 43 Air School were never in speaking terms with him there.:(
Some refer his mental problems and arrogance.No wonder,the poor guy took 80hrs to try to complete a PPL,was washed out from 43.He got admission in PE and then ran to Joburg.Nice family records left behind.Heard 2 more cousins started pilot training recently.
Five(5!) Bachoo pilots in MK is not too much?:E

WOOF WOOF:yuk:

Captain_djaffar
2nd Mar 2009, 15:27
Brilliant decision 4HP.

Btw Mauritius is too small to let personal info leak on a forum, many of you guys are already identifiable.

The Pprune environment is a place where one can share helpful info, denounce and warn others. Media Liberalisation is not extended to all domains in MU, so this forum shouldn't be a place where identities could be identified by expressed opinions thus leading to a halt of consistent information flow.

Please mask.

Jet Cockpit
2nd Mar 2009, 19:21
Fellows i would like to apologise for my burst of anger which resulted in me spitting out the truths.
My appeal is that we keep real as good airmen.
PlaisanceDog, I think almost ev1 identified you here; this is mauritius man.
Just don't make matters worse here and may ethics reign here!!
Happy Landings.

PlaisanceDog
3rd Mar 2009, 09:16
WOOF WOOF :yuk:

Church songs here? Gospel? Kiddy land? :ouch:
What happened to the hotshots? :confused:
My God! Deletion of thread refused,deletions of postings,apologies and even an appeal! :eek:

Oops I did it again! For benefit of doubt :

Airline Captain,
Pulling the plug and walking out on the tips of your toes? :suspect:
Are you related to MK Chairman?
Chicken! :mad:
People and animals want to know.You had brought high hopes here.
How were you selected to be a cadet in your high calibre airline?
Which airline is it in FSX?
You and your very detailed posting (DELETED :{) had said that you are having information for the audience here. :D
Would it not be presentable of you to come back and put your real time downloads of operations dept meetings here? ;)
Would be helpful if 4HP puts back the missing postings to the thread.
People and animals will get the knowhow of the thread from nose to tail.
Administrators,can you help? :\
Anyways Airline Captain,goodluck with the cadet stuff.
Whenever you land in Plaisance,park your high calibre airplane near the hangar,like that,
I can pee on the main gears to mark a new territory.
Come and see us sometimes in Engineering! :rolleyes:

RaviMK,
For benefit of doubt,crowd and animals use your rumours as food for thought and food for the starving stomachs.
The bins at Plaisance are running out of food and left overs.
My animal instincts are misleading.
Will MK stay alive and save our souls,inclusive the expats? :confused:

Jet Cockpit,
I copy and paste your message to you.Accept please! :)
I burst in anger for being banned,which resulted in me spitting out only truths and no falses.
Jet Cockpit,I think almost ev1 identified you here,this is Mauritius man.
Just don't make matters worse and may ethics reign here.
Safe landings! :ok:

WOOF WOOF :)

Me Myself
5th Mar 2009, 21:25
Sweet Jesus

Thinking trusting paxs might actually ride being a bunch of lunies like you people is a real worry. You are certified basket cases.
Isn't there some kind of moderating on this site. Once upon a very long time ago I used to fly for MK and thought they were crazy. Compared to you they were the very DSM IV definition of mental health.
Moderator please, close this thread down or have MK shut down. No one will miss it anyway !

4HolerPoler
6th Mar 2009, 00:43
Sure bud - your wish is my command - thread closed.

Now, do you think closing the thread is going to make the 'trusting paxs' feel any better about flying with MK?

This thread was raised to alert those of us not directly working for MK of the current crisis - this is serious stuff - a number of guys who've been on the island for many years are extremely concerned for their future, brought about by, sure the global slump, but also by some serious duffing from the bean-counters. And then we were enlightened as to the current nepotism being conducted by both local and expatriate senior staff. Happens in the best of families but makes for interesting reading.

And then, admittedly, this thread got hijacked by a number of colorful lads with vivid imaginations and dexterous prose who weren't concerned with dropping names and making insinuations. But clearly (the majority of them) had an inside line and by adopting a slightly stand-offish moderation I believed that we could continue to hear what was going on (this is a rumour forum) without invoking any libel.

But your blasphemous concern that we will look like crazy lunies to our trusting paxs has shaken my moderator’s ethos to its very roots and I accede to your demand.

If anyone feels like keeping us posted as to what's happening with MK please feel free to open a new thread. Our thoughts are with all of the guys involved.

4HP