PDA

View Full Version : Aeromodeller Magazine April 1942

Chris Royle
11th Jan 2009, 16:52
A while ago, gentlemen on this forum helped enormously with information and plans for the Reid and Sigrist Snargasher. This information was (and continues to be) required by a chum who is building a scale flying model of this aircraft.
An article and 3 view drawings appeared in the April 1942 edition of Aeromodeller magazine.
Two questions;
1. Does anyone on the forum have access to a copy of this edition of Aeromodeller, and if so, would they be prepared to either scan it and e mail me with it as an attachment, or make a photocopy and send by post. Either way, any expenses incurred would be reimbursed. My e mail address is cm_royleathotmail.com
2. If no-one can find a copy, is there an archive source for Aeromodeller that would enable access to this article?
Many thanks for your help,
Chris

DeepestSouth
11th Jan 2009, 17:11
Try:

X List Model Plans (http://www.xlistplans.demon.co.uk/) which has a pretty comprehensive list of old plans. Alternatively, try e-Bay - search on Vintage Plans and you'll find several people who have extensive collections of unusual and rare plans - it's always worth asking them. I got scale plans for the Armstrong-Whitworth Manx and that IS a rare bird.

Chris Royle
11th Jan 2009, 17:26
Thanks. Interesting site! Will contact them.
Cheers,
Chris

johnbunting
3rd Nov 2009, 18:15
Chris.
Having just returned to the site for the first time in over a year, I've just seen your Jan 2009 request for information on the R & S Snargasher. Did you find a copy of the Aeromodeller feature on it? If not, I can help, as I have a bound volume of the Aeromodeller for 1941/42, which contains it.
If you wish, I can do a scan of the article and three-view drawing and send it to you.
Best wishes,
John Bunting.