PDA

View Full Version : Passport question for cabin crew?

davepearsall
10th Jan 2009, 13:25
I was just wondering how you guys get on what with going through immigration all the time with your passports.

I know you can get a passport with a lot of pages for them to stamp but do you have to pay for a new passport yourself each time yours is full. I can imagine this getting quite costly.

Just a question that has been bugging me for a while! Thanks :ok:

Pax Agent
10th Jan 2009, 14:21
Speaking of BA LGW here...

We have US Visas so no stamps for the USA.
Other than that we never get our passport stamped unless we ask them to for souvenir purposes etc...

In certain places (ANU/BLQ/FCO) we just walk thru the immigration and they take the fact we are in uniform as gospel - sometimes crossing our names against the gen dec and our ID's.
Other places (BDA) we literally sign ourselves into the country. Nothing is looked at.
Then places like UVF/AMS we have to fill in a landing and deoarture card as per you guys SLF.

When it comes to passports BA pay for the renewal plus any visa renewals :ok:

apaddyinuk
10th Jan 2009, 18:49
Crew rarely tend to get passports stamped to be honest. Generally we bypass passport control. There are a handful of places such as China and a few middle eastern countries which still stamp passports but thats about it!

VAFFPAX
11th Jan 2009, 02:49
I'm glad to say that South Africa is also one of those countries where crew go through a specific entrance that does not involve the protracted nightmare that is emigration.

S.

pinkus
11th Jan 2009, 11:39
As someone else said we rarely get stamped but the odd stamp here and there does add up. Plus I use my staff travel a lot so my passport is pretty much full.

davepearsall
11th Jan 2009, 21:30
thanks for the info guys.

dutch flyer
5th Feb 2009, 18:14
Most countries we do not (officiallly) enter, but are just in transit. Therefor we don't need special thick passes und have only the rare stamp of exotic countries like China, Russian Federation or Brasil.

ptr120
12th Feb 2009, 10:15
many frequent fliers will have 2 passports. Useful if you need to apply for a visa but need to travel in the mean time, plus gives extra space for stamps! Not all countries allow this though.