PDA

View Full Version : Iran CAA contacts - overflight permits

sirinx
10th Jan 2009, 13:01
Hello all,

For the past couple of weeks we have been having great troubles contacting Iran CAO / flight permission unit.

We used to send our overflight permit requests via AFTN (OIIIYKYX, OIIIYAYX, OIIIYAYM) and they always replied quite quickly. However, recently there has been no response from their side. Fax no. listed in Jeppesen does not work; after a couple of phone calls that usually no one answered we got another fax number that seemed to work - later on phone they confirmed they received it and also said that they did not get any AFTN message from us (although we sent at least fifteen of those in the past few days).
To approve the flights, however, the fax message was apparently not sufficient -- they asked for confirmation via Telex and were very surprised (laughing loudly) that we are not equipped with such a machine.

So my question no. 1 is - How do you request o/f permits from Iran?
Question no. 2 - I just discovered that I can send a telex message from SITATEX. What is the address format I should use? Doing some googling I found the following contact: "Telex: 213889 EPD IR". Jeppesen says "EP DIR - 213889".
SITATEX would only let me enter 8 characters and the first three must apparently be letters, not numbers.

Sorry for the messy post, I hope you got my point :)
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Pavlina

bebe
10th Jan 2009, 13:36
It has been the case for the past many years, that Iran o/f permits could take at times 10 mins, upto a few days. although there are contacts available, you may not get an answer even if calls and faxes have gone through.
In my case i use an agent, who has good relationship with CAA,hence, all our permits are recieved within a short notice.
If you need any support feel free to PM me.

dc9-32
10th Jan 2009, 15:22
Pavlina

You have a PM

:ok:

acmi48
11th Jan 2009, 03:11
main issues with iran are payments for navigation fees

how do operators pay these at this time ? ..most eu/us banks will not handle financial transactions to iran at the moment

sirinx
11th Jan 2009, 22:54
We pay through an agent. 10% more but what else can you do.

VP8
14th Jan 2009, 15:18
We use Ramjet in RKT, they have excellent comms with them:ok:

Veeps

dc9-32
14th Jan 2009, 15:28
I think the issue sirinx had has now been resolved :D

ShinjukuHustler
16th Jan 2009, 14:16
All very well sending SITA / AFTN and EMAIL, They don't respond to any of them.

For the most part you will find them rude and unhelpful and often don't have a clue of english but to find out what you're doing 'wrong' you can call them directly on +98 21660 25298 (This is good for ATS routings queries and permit needs, it is a valid Iranian CAA tel no, not an agent)

They will tell you to AFTN your application, when you get no response you will call again and this time another rude individual will make you feel stupid for using AFTN and to send an email ([email protected]).

You won't get a response on this either but person no 3 will also make you feel stupid again and tell you how you should have sent it a month before because that is when the cut off was.

At this point you will send both an AFTN and an Email but neither will reach their destination, so you call and speak to rude person no 4 who smokes fags and slurps coffee down the phone at you. At this point you have still got nowhere.
By now you have spent 500 bucks on long distance calls and the security services of your home counrty will start an investigation as to why you make so many calls to the 'Axis of Evil'.

Take my advice, use a permit company, there are loads of them.

As for payment of Nav fees's, the ask for them in advance usually, for this you should probably go with an agent as they have the facilities in place for this, you don't want to draw attention by sending money to Iran.

(Not sure if Mods allow posting of telephone no's but I stand by this one, apologies if it's against the rules)

:ok:

sirinx
18th Jan 2009, 09:35
Hehe, yes, very well described.

Also I would mention their Financial bureau constantly claiming there is a debt on overflight fee but after a couple of calls and "we DID pay that money on ... through ..." they would admit the debt has been already settled.
Nonetheless, this will not get over to the Flight permit dept. as those would continue to claim they cannot approve your flight due to unpaid invoices.

Gotta love 'em.

merlinxx
18th Jan 2009, 16:30
Folks, just use an agent, I used Safiran as my in country agent, they were also a customer, so no problems. Any of the agents in DXB will get it sorted, don't go dct to OIII/THR:ok:

dc9-32
18th Jan 2009, 16:55
I go direct to OIII and have no problems.

Thanks

Moaiad
12th Feb 2009, 16:40
I can arrange permits for IRAN even if it is a short notice, and also, I can clear any issue regarding the payment of the navigation fees to the Iran CAA.
[email protected]

Kakha
29th Jul 2009, 12:57
Hi
may i have your contact details?
thanks

dc9-32
30th Jul 2009, 08:40
KAKHA - you have a PM

magvelda
31st Jul 2009, 19:32
Moaiad

Do you work for a certain permit agency???:ugh:

DAM - I forgot....

magvelda
31st Jul 2009, 19:37
Hi Dc9-32

So do I - no problems at all. Problem is getting money to them via the banks. Furthermore for small amounts of USD 50.00 it costs you the same in transfer fees.:mad:

magvelda
31st Jul 2009, 19:42
Hi Sirinx

You are not alone on that either...

Makes you want to cry......:{

dc9-32
1st Aug 2009, 06:46
magvelda - think you need to change banks or change the way the bills get paid :bored:

Never had any problems with Iran and normally approvals are issued within an hour or so.

Moaiad
1st Aug 2009, 14:41
Dear magvelda ,
Yes, I do.

ali eslami
31st Jan 2010, 09:13
Hi Pavlin

I can help you for Iran Overfly permit because I'm representative of some airlines . You may contact me on my yahoo email adress [email protected] .

s_ali_eslami , in yahoo.com

diesel862
31st Jan 2010, 09:59
I am looking at using someone else other than Jetex for Ian Overflights. Mainly as their "communication / administration" fees are becoming a farse.

If you want to send through your perspectus then please private message me.

Vince

ali eslami
7th Feb 2010, 11:38
hi

You have private message .

dc9-32
7th Feb 2010, 15:19
diesel - you have a PM

ali eslami
17th Feb 2010, 07:34
Hi

Anybody may contact me on s_ali_eslami in yahoo.com . I'm ready to assist .

ss33
16th Jan 2013, 14:23
Hi
You can visit us at Win Avia (http://www.winavia.com) to help you to get Iran flight permission and other issues.