PDA

View Full Version : Documents carried

Dee
9th Jan 2009, 10:52
Quick question, Ive found the reference in regard to documents to be carried in flight, but the other day a topic was raised that the flight Notification must be carried on the flight. I cannot find a reference to this in the documents.

Is this correct for RPT IFR aircraft if so what is the reference?:ok:

Lasiorhinus
9th Jan 2009, 14:06
No requirement to do so, though it is a good idea to carry your flight plan, and to make a note of your SARTIME.

Peter Fanelli
10th Jan 2009, 01:13
Can be useful to carry the latest Penthouse Limited Edition in your flight bag as well.
Then if you get some mermaids deciding to do a ramp check of your aircraft in your absence it will distract them from the task when they invade yer flight bag.

Dee
13th Jan 2009, 23:30
"No requirement to do so, though it is a good idea to carry your flight plan, and to make a note of your SARTIME."

Where is this referenced? any idea?

Lasiorhinus
14th Jan 2009, 00:48
CAR 139 Documents to be carried in Australian aircraft
(1) Subject to subregulation (2), the pilot in command of an aircraft, when
flying, must carry on the aircraft:
(a) its certificate of registration;
(b) its certificate of airworthiness;
(c) unless CASA otherwise approves, its maintenance release and any other document approved for use as an alternative to the maintenance release for the purposes of a provision of these Regulations;
(d) unless CASA otherwise approves, the licences and medical certificates of the operating crew ;
(e) the flight manual (if any) for the aircraft ;
(f) any licence in force with respect to the radio equipment in the aircraft;
(g) if the aircraft is carrying passengers—a list of the names, places of embarkation and places of destination of the passengers;
(h) if the aircraft is carrying cargo—the bills of lading and manifests with respect to the cargo.
Penalty: 10 penalty units.

(2) An aircraft operating wholly within Australian Territory is not required, when flying, to carry a document specified in paragraph (1) (a), (b), (f) or (g).

These are the documents you are required to carry. No mention is made of flight notifications. Don't forget, it is perfectly legal to fly without submitting a flight plan - and therefore you would not have a notification to actually carry.

(Your company Ops Manual may specify that you must carry your notification - ask your chief pilot)

capt787
14th Jan 2009, 05:53
Don't forget the AIP

AIP ENR 1.10

5. CARRIAGE OF FLIGHT DOCUMENTATION
5.1 Pilots are required to carry, and have readily accessible in the aircraft,
the latest editions of the aeronautical maps, charts and other
aeronautical information and instructions, published:
a. in AIP, or
b. by an organisation approved by CASA,
that are applicable to the route to be flown, and any alternative
route that may be flown, on that flight (CAR 233).

AIP Gen 0.1

9. RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND CHARTS
9.1 To ensure compliance with CAR 233.(1)(h), a pilot in command
must have access during flight to appropriate documents and
charts selected from the following:
a. VFR: ERC, WAC, VNC, VTC and ERSA for the route being
flown.
b. IFR: ERC, IAL charts and ERSA for the route being flown,
and also for the departure, destination and alternate airfields to
be used. In addition, where visual navigation is required, the
pilot in command must have access to appropriate WAC, VNC
or VTC.

It doesn't say you need to carry a copy of your flight notification, but it is always a good idea to carry one, just in case you need it.

Lasiorhinus
14th Jan 2009, 07:15
It doesnt say you have to carry your lunch, either, but I always carry mine, in case I need it.

Dee
15th Jan 2009, 00:36
Thanks for the info, last question, what is the general concensus within the airline industry i.e. VB, QF, J* etc do all the crew carry the notification as "handy thing to have incase you need it"