PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Airlines (Portland, Oregon)

DMahon
9th Jan 2009, 09:36
Has anyone heard anything about this upstart? I was contacted a while back by someone that was a part of "this new cargo airline Dawn Airlines". A spin off of people from Evergreen, from what I gathered. However, I have not heard anything other then "we are close to finishing terms with our investors". Just curious if this company has gained any ground yet....

DMahon
9th Jan 2009, 10:34
I guess I should check the google machine before posting, I answered my own question....

Dawn International Airlines (http://dawnairlines.com/)

sidman
10th Jan 2009, 00:52
They are still looking for money...So we will see what happens. If they can get the money they do have a great bunch of guys to get it started.

DMahon
10th Jan 2009, 03:45
I know 2 of the people involved and I'm hoping the best for them....

sidman
11th Jan 2009, 01:54
I am good friends with most of them and I wish them well. Also it means a job for me.

boingdrvr
11th Jan 2009, 03:20
Is Dawn a spin-off of EIA or a group ex EIA employees striking out on their own. Are they looking toward heavy international stuff akin to the EIA model. Do ya think they might like some 727 freightdogs who just might be unemployed here soon?? :) :) :)

DMahon
11th Jan 2009, 15:25
My understanding leads me to believe they're ex EIA. Also I was told it'll be another 747 operations, ala Atlas/American-Friendship/Focus/Polar, even though Focus never materialized and I don't know if American-Friendship did either.

Intruder
11th Jan 2009, 16:15
Focus operated for almost 3 years, based in Miami!

DMahon
11th Jan 2009, 16:26
oh yeah, that's correct. One of their tails was a 5Y a/c....forgot they did get it moving for a minute.

boingdrvr
11th Jan 2009, 19:14
Thanks Dmahn.