PDA

View Full Version : RNZAF Hercules Landing Gear failure

ctctim
9th Jan 2009, 09:25
Anyone know anything bout this? i got told by a person i know who was oppisite ohakea a few days ago and from what he said landing gear failed and landed without the gear, and clipped the wing on the runway.

Nothing in the news about it, but i guess RNZAF would keep these things on the downlow.

As i said just word of mouth so nothing official, dont think the guy would have lied though.

tim

Dengue_Dude
9th Jan 2009, 19:26
. . . not being able to get ANY gear on a C130 is very rare, almost SO rare as to be improbable.

So IF this is true, they either had a major problem with it, or a very simple one.

We'll see.

gsf
9th Jan 2009, 19:28
If there had been a Herc sitting on its guts at Ohakea I feel sure someone driving by on SH1 would have noticed and reported it.

Dengue_Dude
9th Jan 2009, 19:42
. . . not being able to get ANY gear on a C130 is very rare, almost SO rare as to be improbable.

So IF this is true, they either had a major problem with it, or a very simple one.

We'll see.

ctctim
10th Jan 2009, 02:13
apologies, just was passing on something i got told

Connaught
29th Jan 2009, 14:28
maybe they lost the hand crank, ?????

Kaiza
29th Jan 2009, 18:22
I think it would be diffcult to have a wing strike without having a prop strike first in a c-130. The gear is hard to see from a distance, perhaps the NZOH hump was playing tricks on your friend's eyes?